IGNORED

Why I Am Getting Annoyed Already

I Know this is an on going thing, about part time fans etc etc

However the people i work with (& my sister) are really starting to get on my wick. Not one of these people have expressed an interset in going to any City games this season even when we had Southampton in the cup, not one of them has enquired to how we are doing or even asked about City this season.

Yet today I have everyone (even people i dont know!) coming up asking what date the game is, how much and where can they get tickets etc etc, I wish these people would just go back to there little corner and let real fans go rather than suddenly pretending they have loved city all along. So much so that i have now taken to ignoring them or just making up information.

My sister is just as bad asking me to get a ticket for her boyfriend who is a die hard Blackpool season ticket holder !

I REALLY HATE PEOPLE THAT ONLY COME OUT OF THEIR HOLES FOR ONCE EVERY FEW YEARS WHEN WE HAVE A BIG GAME.

Anyway just wanted to rant this out loud.

Thanks for listening

mate right now i am having an argument with a mate on msn because i will not get him a ticket. Reason being he has not gone to a game ever! I would find it disturbing if a genuine city fan couldnt get a ticket but my mate who doesnt support city does. I'ld feel as selfish as him.

5 people today have asked me to get thhem one, 2 being city fans who go to half the games, the others have no chance of getting them one!

I feel that its ight on city fans themselves if they cant get to cardiff cus of some sad people wanting to join the band wagon and harming real city fans chances of gettinmg a ticket.

I'm with you on this one.

It was the same at the LDV final last year - I was surrounded by people who didn't know any of the players names and had probably never been to the Gate, sat there with packed lunches and their kids blowing bloody hooters in my ear all game long.

I know it's money for the club and that there is a chance that some of them will become real supporters in the future etc etc, but I really do think the genuine fans who turn up week in, week out, thick and thin should be given some sort of priority over part-timers.

I know it's money for the club and that there is a chance that some of them will become real supporters in the future etc etc, but I really do think the genuine fans who turn up week in, week out, thick and thin should be given some sort of priority over part-timers.
They are! Season ticket holders, club members etc etc are all given priority on tickets.

I do admit though that it is very very frustrating when people ask you to get them a ticket. I had someone text me 5 minutes after the final whistle last night asking me to get them a ticket! My mate has also got a similar problem.

How about...

In order to get a ticket, you must answer the following questions:

1. What colour is Bristol City's home kit?

2. Where do Bristol City play theit home games?

3. What division are Bristol City currently playing in?

4. Name 5 City players, past or present.

I bet 10% who get a tick et couldn't even answer those 4 questions.

How about...

In order to get a ticket, you must answer the following questions:

1. What colour is Bristol City's home kit?

2. Where do Bristol City play theit home games?

3. What division are Bristol City currently playing in?

4. Name 5 City players, past or present.

I bet 10% who get a tick et couldn't even answer those 4 questions.

ummmm. I'm alright on questions 1 & 3. Need to pass on 2 & 4 for now. ^_^

Personal callers only on Saturday, hotline doesn't open til Sunday, non season ticket holders have to wait until 24th.

The voucher system should be utilised more with voucher holders given a day or two to buy before general sale.

Us exiles (who support away from home on a regular basis) will struggle once again.

:@ ^_^

Guest TB Mutiny
But at the end of the day, would you rather we take our usual 12'000 regular fans to the game or 34'000.

If just 1 our off every 4 came to games next season we'd see an increase in attendance.

You just have to bite your lip and think of the extra revenue that it'll generate - if it helps us up and helps us sign the players that might possibly keep us up then I can live with it. ^_^

Must agree. If the purchase of a ticket somehow kept out a "true" City fan then there would be a problem but as it will only generate more revenue, enjoy the day and support City!!

I better get a ticket!! Been to all home games(bar 2)and a few away games this season but haven't got a season-ticket so will have to pray that the initial demand on the first day isn't so great that I struggle to get one. Surely they could've gave a days priority to those who went to the game last night at least?! Too late now I suppose!! Fingers crossed!!

Is it limited to 4 tickets per person on the phone as well as online?! There's 6-8of us going so guessing we're not going to be able to sit together?

Will be so annoyed if have to watch it at home/in the pub!! Hopefully the higher price will put a few people off!!

It was the same at the LDV final last year - I was surrounded by people who didn't know any of the players names and had probably never been to the Gate, sat there with packed lunches
A bit like the bloke that was sat behind me and had the following conversation with his mate:

"I hear that that Tony Butler has been absolutely poo this season"

"Yeh, which one's that again"

"The little black guy wearing number 6"

^_^

This is a bit elitist isn't it?

If you really cared about the club, you'd be well chuffed that 24,000 extra people want to come along, give their money and maybe become more dedicated fans next season....

Or are you just thinking about yourself being part of something special and you don't like sharing it?

Who cares if they haven't been there all season - as long as you get in (and you will, as you get priority on tickets) and as long as they're there shouting for Bristol what's the harm?

Guest bcfcsols

I know exactly how you feel. I was going to go with my ST holder mates on the basis of 2 tickets per season ticket. But now another 15 people who have never seen city play want to go it looks like the ST ticket holders will sit in one group and I will be relegated to the 'family outing' groyp.

I tell you its really p***** me off :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ ^_^:D:D

Guest ROLFIE
Who cares if they haven't been there all season - as long as you get in (and you will, as you get priority on tickets) and as long as they're there shouting for Bristol what's the harm?

Well said that man....there seems to be a hint of 'elitism' amongst the ST holders...were better than the rest...in suggesting this you are insulting a lot of non ST holders who attend most if not ALL of the games but dont want to be tied to a ST....

I Know this is an on going thing, about part time fans etc etc

However the people i work with (& my sister) are really starting to get on my wick. Not one of these people have expressed an interset in going to any City games this season even when we had Southampton in the cup, not one of them has enquired to how we are doing or even asked about City this season.

Yet today I have everyone (even people i dont know!) coming up asking what date the game is, how much and where can they get tickets etc etc, I wish these people would just go back to there little corner and let real fans go rather than suddenly pretending they have loved city all along. So much so that i have now taken to ignoring them or just making up information.

My sister is just as bad asking me to get a ticket for her boyfriend who is a die hard Blackpool season ticket holder !

I REALLY HATE PEOPLE THAT ONLY COME OUT OF THEIR HOLES FOR ONCE EVERY FEW YEARS WHEN WE HAVE A BIG GAME.

Anyway just wanted to rant this out loud.

Thanks for listening

Totally agree, you sound so much like me! ^_^

Selfish sods. You should be pleased the club will get the revenue and the fan base.

Go and join the freemasons if you want an exclusive club for little boys.

As I've said in this very topic, you've got first dibs on tickets. You can't hide behind that as an excuse.

Guest bcfcsols

Alright people we're at the final! :dunno:

I'm just concerned that by selling more 'family outing' tickets we may sacrifice the atmosphere that our players and the stadium deserve. We have to admit that at the LDV the noise wasnt 100%

This is a bit elitist isn't it?

If you really cared about the club, you'd be well chuffed that 24,000 extra people want to come along, give their money and maybe become more dedicated fans next season....

Or are you just thinking about yourself being part of something special and you don't like sharing it?

I'm glad that people after the final may become more interested in city BUT most dont. I am worried about the genuine city fans who cant get a ticket because of these people who have no interest in Bristol City Football Club for the whole season but suddenly because it is a popular occasion they jump on the band wagon.

3 mates who have never expressed an interest in City, two even taking the piss if we lost, are now wanting to come. It is guarenteed they wont take to the occasion as some bristolians who have even only gone to a few games this year. This is what annoys me.

Say if Swindon got through tonight (which I'm glad they didnt!) and city hadnt, even though I have 3 mates who are swindon fans, I wouldnt want to go because I dont know the team, club, whatever about Swindon. the people I'm talking about are the people who dont know 4 players who play for city.

When I am in the Millenium, I want to be sitting next to people who are passionate in the same way about my club, not people who keep asking who has the ball, who took that shot etc.

Interesting debate this, and a difficult one to answer. Being a season ticket holder who's watched City home and away for 28 years, I'm certainly an elitist, 'better fan than you' football snob!

I also saw Oasis before they released any records and bought their first single the day it came out, and felt a bit p1$5ed off when the rest of the world decided to get into them about 18 months later. Ditto the Stone Roses.

But needless to say, that is a small minded, snobbish atitude to take.

So the answer is, the more the merrier. Welcome the part timers to Cardiff with open arms, teach em the songs, tell em how great it was to see Tinnion score at Anfield, Cheesley score at Highbury, etc, etc. Encourage them to come to Ashton Gate next season.

The club needs them. And you can still be cool and 'oldskool' by spinning stories about away trips to Colchester :Sleep12:

I'm at uni in Cardiff, so I haven't been aseason ticket holder for 4 years now. I've managed to go to 9/10 home games including last night and 1 away game this season, not too bad I reckon considering my student budget. I sit in my room listening to BCFCWorld commentary on games, worrying like hell when we're playing away and not being able to see how we're doing. I check the website several times a day and like to keep abreast of what's going on. It scares me that there's no provisions for fans like me and that on Monday, I could be without a ticket because some fair weather fans with no interest in the team get in ahead of me :dunno:

As someone else pointed out, there are plenty of tickets to go around and all regular fans should be able to get tickets without any problem.

Don't begrudge the club badly needed extra revenue.

Who knows, if we win at the millenium and put on a good show, it may attract the occasional punter to come more regularly next season when we are in division 1.

:dunno:

Guest bath_red

I think this time the club have got the allocation about right, as if priority groups were allowed any more (I see on the Q and A page a suggestion of 6), then there would not be enough to cover even the priority groups.

This is a massive day for the club in football terms, the end result will be one of the two extremes of footballing emotions. It is not a day trip.

We have an average gate of 12,500. So there are plenty of tickets to go round - over 20,000 additional actually.

Whats the problem ?

Totally correct.

Would everyone rather that we sold, say only 18,000 of our allocation and returned the remaining 15,000 meaning that we look like a "small" club - I think not.....

ok, so our average this season is 12,500. But lately we have been getting sell outs. So that 25,000 extra fans we can fit in.

But, 2 mates of mine who are city fans couldnt make those games. If thats the case with each supporter, 2 fans each who couldnt make the game, then with all these people who have never had an interest in city but now do as we are in a final and "its a good day out" ( take note that it isn't "we could be in division one next year", instead with these lot it is JUST "a good day out") people like the lad who has previously posted on this thread about being at uni and only making a small amount of games for good reasons, may find it hard to get a ticket.

The club should have limited the tickets per person to 2 each caller/ internet buyer. This way, there is more of a chance city supporters and not gas heads in disguise will get tickets.

We will sell out our allocation, it is inevitable. But i'm worried about those fans who may not get a ticket because some band wagon jumping person with no interest in city will have got a city fan mate to get him one.

Hopefully this wont be the case as brighton i doubt it will bring 30,000 people.

You have to ask them this, "if you want to go to this game so much, make the effort yourself to get the ticket, like i am doing"

The club should have limited the tickets per person to 2 each caller/ internet buyer. This way, there is more of a chance city supporters and not gas heads in disguise will get tickets.

But what about those of us who are going with about 10 others and we'd like to sit together? If it was 2 per transaction it would be a mare!

I take on board the point you are making, but lets be honest, the true City fans know how to get the tickets and will have them sorted out by the end of Monday. So I would suggest most loyal City fans will be able to get tickets.

Look - everyone hates glory supporters - and thats what these people are.

They never take an interest until we get somewhere and all of a sudden they come out of the woodwork and dilute our atmosphere. From experience I know that a lot of these people have almost no experiance of football culture - one friends' friend when at AG said: "Why is everyone singing?" ARGH!

I am pretty sure there are around 30,000 people who are, or have been regular City fans. Hopefully this will stop the atmosphere resembling a family fun fair. I have nothing against families going to footy, it's great fun and a good way to spend a saturday afternoon. But if it's going to mean a Mill Stad crammed with parents who don't have a clue and kids blowing their horns, wearing suspiciously clean scarfs, then I'd rather stick with the die-hards.

But what about those of us who are going with about 10 others and we'd like to sit together? If it was 2 per transaction it would be a mare!
I overlooked that one. But still, it may increase the amount 'real' city fans able to go to the game instead of these "I'm going because it will eb a good day out" 'ers.

Yeah, we all hate part timers. People have their opinions about what to do with em. I just cant stand kids tooting a horn and parents lookign at me (like last eyar in the ldv, theres me and me the chanting a song and parents covering up their kids ears - no swearing either!) as though i'm a hooligan just because I like the banter and shout at the pitch.

Archived