IGNORED

Ribs Just On For Wales

Chessels Chap

Silly challenge for the penalty although it was harsh. Experienced swiss player duped the Ref. Fourth goal not entirely faultless as he was guilty of the cardinal sin of following the ball.

Needs to get more animated, concentrate better and work on his defending. He looks good coming forward but defending is his position and he desperately needs to improve it.

Looked nervous to be honest and had a penalty awarded against him although it was a shocking decision from the ref.

Got to be the first of many caps for him though judging by the quality of his fellow Welsh defenders!

I'd imagine Blake will play against us, what was he like ?

Only started watching it when Ribs came on I'm afraid mate.

Totally agree with all of bigfatdave's points as well. He was exposed positionally at times tonight which is something we've seen at times at club level.

Sort that and his concentration levels out and he's got all the attributes to be top draw.

Only started watching it when Ribs came on I'm afraid mate.

Totally agree with all of bigfatdave's points as well. He was exposed positionally at times tonight which is something we've seen at times at club level.

Sort that and his concentration levels out and he's got all the attributes to be top draw.

Definately agree with that...some of his performances at U21 level especially against Italy were first rate and to win a full international cap at 20 for any nation is testimony to his ability.

His biggest problem is his confidence, he needs to be more decisive and toughen up a bit... Hes too bloody nice !

To his credit he always tries to play football though

Just wonder if central midfield would be a better position for him given his attacking flair? I reckon he could be an effective partner for Skuse or Marv and it would give a better balance as we are short of creative midfielders and there is no doubt Ribs has some creative qualities to his game. Bit hard to throw him into a new position but I think it would work. He can pass, go past defenders and obviously has some defensive qualities as otherwise he wouldn't have played in the back four throughout his early career. Just as Orr was a better full-back than midfielder I think the reverse could be true for Ribs.

Archived