IGNORED

Carey, James, Mccalister

norwichrobin

Carey had his day but now too old, too slow, thats just a fact and thats head over heart..with the money weve got can replace him with better.

Mccalister - well dont have to justify that one poor lad has been found out

james - whats the point? he aint gonna be here next year so why put him and us through it, high wages and all...

OK THE POSITIVES!

Fontaine- in my view one (i said one!) of the most talented young players to come out of the club when played in the right position lets build the defence round him

Ribs- lets play him!! Its gettin worse than the tristan plummer situation "what a player, what a talen" never played!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henderson- ok third choice at mo but hes young and for the future

IF WE ARE GOING DOWN AND IM NOT SAYING WE ARE (STILL BELEIVE!) AFTER THE NEXT HALF DOZEN GAMES IF WERE STILL BOTTOM LETS PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS FOR NEXT YEAR AS NO POINT STICKING WITH THE OLD GAURD WHO AINT GONNA BE THERE!

Ps. know i'll get hammered for the carey remark has been a great servant just time to call it a day in my opinion and now better players out there.

Didn't James make some fantastic saves AGAIN today, not really sure why people want to have a pop at him tbh. If you think we are letting in 3 every game because of him or he is part of the cause I am going to have to disagree.

I'd keep carey for this season, you need your experienced campaigners in such a time; he is slow but he has many other qualities that more than compensate.

As we have DJ here, we need to utilise his talent and skill as a top class keeper.

Only one I agree with is Macca, good solid pro, just not good enough for this level.

Carey seems disinterested just like he was through a lot of last season but then he had Gary Johnson as a scapegoat. He needs to either step up to the plate of hang his boots up. He has been a good servent to the club but he has also slated the club in the past (remember the transfer issues he had?) Jamie Mc isn't cutting it either, a good league one left back no better, we've needed to strengthen that position for a while now and it'd getting worse the longer it's left. I do disagree with the bit about David James, conceding these goals hurt the man you can see it in his face in through his body language, but let's face it even Jesus Christ would have trouble saving in goal for us at the moment. As for Riberio, I feel he struggles as a right back, good going forward but defensively naïve. If you want to blood a youngster give one of the Irish lads a pop in midfield? Could they be any worse than what we have now? What would we give for a Shaun Taylor, Terry Cooper or Norman Hunter right now.

Didn't James make some fantastic saves AGAIN today, not really sure why people want to have a pop at him tbh. If you think we are letting in 3 every game because of him or he is part of the cause I am going to have to disagree.

And I understand your sentiment, however their seems to be no confidence in front of him and he has to take some responsibility for that. He and Carey obviously dont get along on the field which makes things worse...

I would take them both out or tell them work together or get dropped...and hope they care enough to want to stay in the first team, as DJ knows a host of clubs would come in for him if that were to happen...

Carey seems disinterested just like he was through a lot of last season but then he had Gary Johnson as a scapegoat. He needs to either step up to the plate of hang his boots up. He has been a good servent to the club but he has also slated the club in the past (remember the transfer issues he had?) Jamie Mc isn't cutting it either, a good league one left back no better, we've needed to strengthen that position for a while now and it'd getting worse the longer it's left. I do disagree with the bit about David James, conceding these goals hurt the man you can see it in his face in through his body language, but let's face it even Jesus Christ would have trouble saving in goal for us at the moment. As for Riberio, I feel he struggles as a right back, good going forward but defensively naïve. If you want to blood a youngster give one of the Irish lads a pop in midfield? Could they be any worse than what we have now? What would we give for a Shaun Taylor, Terry Cooper or Norman Hunter right now.

A lot!

And I understand your sentiment, however their seems to be no confidence in front of him and he has to take some responsibility for that. He and Carey obviously dont get along on the field which makes things worse...

I would take them both out or tell them work together or get dropped...and hope they care enough to want to stay in the first team, as DJ knows a host of clubs would come in for him if that were to happen...

The defence was like this last season and we didnt have David James in goal. so how do u explain last season then? Gerkin not giving the defence confidence?

:disapointed2se: The common denominators in the decline of our defending (which is into it's third season, not something new) are Carey, Fontaine, McAllister and Millen. Carey is long over the hill, McAllister was never much good. Fontaine looked 3 years ago like he was going places, but seems to have slipped into his comfort zone and gone steadily backwards. Millen has been the coach/manager through that period and his much vaunted coaching expertise has made no difference at all. Gary Johnson was regarded as ruthless but in fact he was far too loyal to players who had done well for him in the (increasingly distant) past. A complete overhaul of the defence was needed long ago but never happened. It is now, imo, too late. The damage is done and Millen is clearly incapable of doing anything about it. What is the likelihood of Carey, Fontaine and McAllister all starting our first game back in League 1 I wonder?

Yes, going back a few games when hes trying to roll it out from the back and players have their backs turned to him and don't want the ball - yes it must be his fault. Gerken don't even seem to speak to any defender or come out for crosses etc but you think he should be in before James?

Carey....yes, sorry Louis but no room for sentiment nowadays. You have been a great servant over the years but your past it now mate.

Mccalister......yes, hasnt performed for too long. Aimless balls being eten up by the opposition on to many occasions to count, brings nothing to the defence. Get out.

James..... sorry but your talking out your ass mate, the man is class..end of. Makes saves other keepers wouldnt. Not his fault we have the crappiest defense in the universe in front of him at the moment. The man brings bags of experience and a massive presence in the goal. If we had the players around him to tap into that knowledge and presence, we would not be shipping so many goals. Yes im talking to you Carey.

David James was quality today ! If we had anyone else in goal it could have been alot worse!

James or not we still ship goals. Wouldnt be so bad if we were scoring more the other end but we aint.!

A new face is required and soon, we have a good enough squad, but something is missing. If you want to win a Grand Prix is no good spending millions on the car if youve got a crap driver. We need to get that Driver and we need to get him quick.

I also think we should abandon this new stadium fiasco and concentrate on survival in this league. Its beginning to consume many of us and taking the clubs focus off whats important. If we should somehow get into the Premier League in the next 10 years we can look for one then. But we must have watsed millions in fees to date and for what.? Could have got 3 decent defenders.

After what ive seen earlier its obvious Cardiff have left us light years behind and will, I have no doubt, be the first Welsh team in the Premier League come May.

The defence was like this last season and we didnt have David James in goal. so how do u explain last season then? Gerkin not giving the defence confidence?

You apear to have answered your own question dont you...We are no better off with David James than with Dean Gerkin and the introduction of Carey has made things no better...when you bring in a player of James obvious calibre but the defence in front of him keeps shipping goals you have to look at the big picture not just aportion blame in one area.

Take Carey out as he and DJ cant play together at the moment and as someone else posted he had Gary Johnson to blame last season (and he was constantly being got out of jail by Ribeiro)and seriously look at giving the #2 a game and see if you can change things...More of the same is not an option

Yes, going back a few games when hes trying to roll it out from the back and players have their backs turned to him and don't want the ball - yes it must be his fault. Gerken don't even seem to speak to any defender or come out for crosses etc but you think he should be in before James?

Using your example if he is trying to do things and the rest of the team are not looking would that not suggest to you they are not on the same wavelength or do you seriously suggest that no one at the back cares about the club

I think our back 3/4/5 are having problems with the man behind them regardless of blame...Its a matter of changing what is not working

I'd like to add Skuse to list please. He's been a passenger all season. Time to ditch the loyalty to the local boy - he hasn't developed since he was about 18 and I'd rather we gave a chance to someone else.

spot on, prob is best position is on the subs bench......... :rain:

:disapointed2se: The common denominators in the decline of our defending (which is into it's third season, not something new) are Carey, Fontaine, McAllister and Millen. Carey is long over the hill, McAllister was never much good. Fontaine looked 3 years ago like he was going places, but seems to have slipped into his comfort zone and gone steadily backwards. Millen has been the coach/manager through that period and his much vaunted coaching expertise has made no difference at all. Gary Johnson was regarded as ruthless but in fact he was far too loyal to players who had done well for him in the (increasingly distant) past. A complete overhaul of the defence was needed long ago but never happened. It is now, imo, too late. The damage is done and Millen is clearly incapable of doing anything about it. What is the likelihood of Carey, Fontaine and McAllister all starting our first game back in League 1 I wonder?

Just read this and as far as im concerned is the most acurate reflection of our troubles, for a club and mangement that has been obssessed with statistics the above represents the common denominator.....great post.

Using your example if he is trying to do things and the rest of the team are not looking would that not suggest to you they are not on the same wavelength or do you seriously suggest that no one at the back cares about the club

I think our back 3/4/5 are having problems with the man behind them regardless of blame...Its a matter of changing what is not working

Most retarded post ever. You are suggesting that because the back 4 are not as good as him that he should be dropped??

How does that make any sense??

So what happens when you replace him with a lesser gk and the back 4 still arnt on the same wavelength. Who's fault will it be then??

Fontaine and Skuse are the two most over rated players at this club.

Fonts is simply a better version of Nyatanga. Average at best but only then when next to a dominant defender (unfortunately we haven't had one of these for a while :( . Skuse ive always failed to see what he actually offers us. Weak and generally unimpresive.

Most retarded post ever. You are suggesting that because the back 4 are not as good as him that he should be dropped??

How does that make any sense??

So what happens when you replace him with a lesser gk and the back 4 still arnt on the same wavelength. Who's fault will it be then??

No I'm suggesting we need to stop shipping goals and we need to look at all the factors, and the GoalKeeper is a factor.

If players are unable to play with confidence then we need to look at why! Carey certainly has trouble playing alongside Mr. James and others look tentative and without confidence in front of him.

Fontaine Ribeiro Stewart et al have not just turned into bad players but they seem pretty uncomfortable to me right now! Thus look at all possible soultions as the status quo is not an option!...

If we have tried all the combinations of back 3/4/5 and midfield 3/4/5 then maybe its time to look elsewhere to get some results...My god we have played the most players this season in the division, does not that make you think we need to look at what has not changed a little more carefully..?

Carey....yes, sorry Louis but no room for sentiment nowadays. You have been a great servant over the years but your past it now mate.

Mccalister......yes, hasnt performed for too long. Aimless balls being eten up by the opposition on to many occasions to count, brings nothing to the defence. Get out.

James..... sorry but your talking out your ass mate, the man is class..end of. Makes saves other keepers wouldnt. Not his fault we have the crappiest defense in the universe in front of him at the moment. The man brings bags of experience and a massive presence in the goal. If we had the players around him to tap into that knowledge and presence, we would not be shipping so many goals. Yes im talking to you Carey.

totally agree mate my comments re mr james - he is a world class player and the only one of the england squad imo to come out of the world cup with any credit. my argument was kinda angled toward building for the future with the younguns as mr james aint gonna be there next year so why prolong the agony if were facin the drop, lets get next years keeper sorted- thats where i was kinda comin from (sure mr james could do a job at spurs even! rate him that highly still)

Archived