IGNORED

Relegation Is Inevitable

screech

15 points every 10 games from now on, translated as 5 wins every 10 games. No chance of this happening imo. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss. If we can't see a 2 goal lead out away from home under 10 minutes then we havent got a chance. Another 9 years of 3rd division football here we come, what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years. Yet another 3 goals conceded after 2 weeks of putting it in on the training field, well if Millen and Wigley can't organise a defence in 3 months then they are clearly not needed anymore.

Not one player on the field had the brains to slow the game by use of ball retention, feigning injury, making tactical fouls and waste a bit of time, no, let them have the ball so they can bomb forward at our useless defence. Why do we still have this soft underbelly in our side after it's been glaring obvious for a couple of season, the fans recognise Carey was past it, McAllister needed replacing, no creativity in midfield, so what do we do, it's what we always do, buy a striker. Why can't we go out and spend 800k on a proper centre half or 2.25 million on a gifted midfielder, without quality and a bit of steel we will continue to be bulldozed. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH :preacher::mf_sleep:

I`m being really positive. Walsall, Sheff Weds, Notts County and Port Vale are easy away trips for me next season!!

Damn shame what is happening, but as much as I want to support KM, he was a poor appointment. His time as caretaker last season has proved our undoing.

We`ve been here before I`m afraid, but if something isn`t done soon it will be all too late.

KM is a great servant to the club, but he hasn`t got it i`m sorry to say.

Almost choked to death reading that.

Hope you are joking. How the hell can you say relegation is inevitable after 11 games, have you lost your mind man?

35 games to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is the relegation word even being mentioned yet? A couple of quick wins, improved confidence, or even a change of manager would alll quickly change the situation.

A shame for SL it certainly is - and a very expensive one

But the core decisions have been his - 4 managerial appointments - only one correct one

two dozen strikers signed - not more than 3 or 4 worth the gate money

new stadium on land subject to local community rights????

A shame for SL it certainly is - and a very expensive one

But the core decisions have been his - 4 managerial appointments - only one correct one

two dozen strikers signed - not more than 3 or 4 worth the gate money

new stadium on land subject to local community rights????

It is a shame for SL but I have always questions his football deciscions. He must act NOW. Fans are suggesting that with the stadium plans up in the air and City going down that he may walk away but has fans we can never walk away. Steve Lansdown is just a custdoian of Bristol City Football Club.

Hope you are joking. How the hell can you say relegation is inevitable after 11 games, have you lost your mind man?

Why is the relegation word even being mentioned yet? A couple of quick wins, improved confidence, or even a change of manager would alll quickly change the situation.

Ok pick 15 points for me from our next 10 games, then the next 10, and so on. That's the scale we are talking about. Not going to happen, we have conceded 23 goals in 11 games, over 2 a game average. And thats forgetting our cup game, where we leaked another 3.

15 points every 10 games from now on, translated as 5 wins every 10 games. No chance of this happening imo. We are down, thoroughly f....ed off with this bunch of players not giving a toss. If we can't see a 2 goal lead out away from home under 10 minutes then we havent got a chance. Another 9 years of 3rd division football here we come, what a shame for SL to have put so much time and money in to see his investment being shat in his face by the most clueless coaches and players we've had for years. Yet another 3 goals conceded after 2 weeks of putting it in on the training field, well if Millen and Wigley can't organise a defence in 3 months then they are clearly not needed anymore.

Not one player on the field had the brains to slow the game by use of ball retention, feigning injury, making tactical fouls and waste a bit of time, no, let them have the ball so they can bomb forward at our useless defence. Why do we still have this soft underbelly in our side after it's been glaring obvious for a couple of season, the fans recognise Carey was past it, McAllister needed replacing, no creativity in midfield, so what do we do, it's what we always do, buy a striker. Why can't we go out and spend 800k on a proper centre half or 2.25 million on a gifted midfielder, without quality and a bit of steel we will continue to be bulldozered. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH :preacher::mf_sleep:

No, relegation is not inevitable.

Ok pick 15 points for me from our next 10 games, then the next 10, and so on. That's the scale we are talking about. Not going to happen, we have conceded 23 goals in 11 games, over 2 a game average. And thats forgetting our cup game, where we leaked another 3.

You know football, obviously, as most of us do, so you must surely know that football is a beautiful game where anything can happen and form can be transformed in literally 5 mins on the pitch by nothing more than a mazy run and a magic winning goal. Football is not a science or an equation, so you cannot look to the future and say we wont win enough points per game etc, because - simply speaking - we can.

Our squad is good enough we just need an injection of 3 things:

* Little bit of luck

* confidence boost

* A couple of cheeky, unexpected wins, starting on tuesday and continuing on friday!

If we played well and leaked three goals, how many would we leak if we played badly. Oh yeah 3 goals.

looks pretty likely to be increasingly mentioned if Leicester and Palarse win today..........we'll be five points from the nearest team, and a significantly worse goal difference.....getting steadily worse

This is ridiculous. Ipswich did it last year, it's not impossible.

4th place isn't 46 points ahead, it's just a few points. 35 games is loads

17 wins in 70 games currently. We are now being asked to hit 15 wins in 35 games. I admire your belief, but this is asking for the impossible. If we were to be losing by the odd goal here and there I would tend to agree with you, but leaking 2 goals a game average is relegation form. No amount of buttering up the current performances is going to convince me otherwise. Results, results results, thats what would convince me and many others.

It's October for God's sake!

I can just see it next month. "It's only November"

then we'll have "no team has ever been relegated at christmas"

fast forward to "a good January and we'll".....,

then we'll have a "February games are all winnable" etc etc

March will bring "we are too good to go down"

April oh lets see how we fair in the next couple of games before we make a hasty decision.

Then in May, Millen out!!!

This is ridiculous. Ipswich did it last year, it's not impossible.

And I think forest, doncaster and barnsley did the year before.

4th place isn't 46 points ahead, it's just a few points. 35 games is load

Ipswich's problem was drawing too many games, not defeat after defeat. Would that we had a few draws under our belt. They also had Roy Keane who will take no prisoners while we have mild mannered Keith who apparently has no criticism to make of his "lads".

All I'm saying, is it doesn't look very f ** king good! To come out of the Coventry, Portsomouth and Cardiff games with 0 points is just incredible. You can't hope to stay up if your dropping points in these games. 2-0 up in the first 8 minutes, I could hardly believe it! There was a sense of great ecstasy and bewilderment in the away end, and this seemed to almost be the same on the pitch. It was as if the players didn't know what the hell to do now they were 2-0 up! They were shocked themselves. They seemed unsure whether to try and keep the ball, keep attacking, or just shut up shop completely. The ended up dropping deeper and deeper throughout the first half and we had a few scares before half-time. I was pleased but extremely anxious at the break and probably would have taken a point there and then.

As soon as we conceded the second, everything that had been said at half-time became meaningless, and I imagined we'd lose from then on. As soon as they scored the third I don't think anyone truly believed we could score again, Millen included. Pittman and Clarkson were bundled on in a desperate attempt at an equaliser but we never came close. An incredibly frustrating, and ultimately devastating day.

As for the goals, our delivery for the first two was superb, and it was sloppy defending for the first goal. The second free-kick is a joke and one of those things that only happens when your luck is down. Their third, (after a questionable decison from the ref) was a superb free-kick, but it is disappointing to concede a free-kick from a left-footer in that area of the pitch!

God knows where we go from here, if we lose Tuesday night Millen has to go, and it looks very much like relegation is on the cards.

I can just see it next month. "It's only November"

then we'll have "no team has ever been relegated at christmas"

fast forward to "a good January and we'll".....,

then we'll have a "February games are all winnable" etc etc

March will bring "we are too good to go down"

April oh lets see how we fair in the next couple of games before we make a hasty decision.

Then in May, Millen out!!!

OR...

You could just surrender before November even gets here FFS

If you said Relegation is a real pssibility then, fine, people would find it hard to disagree but when you say INEVITABLE you must realise you are being ridiculous.

Relegation is only inevitable when the potential points left to be won are less than those needed to overtake the team 4th from bottom, I look at the table (horrible though that is) and see that we currently need 4 points to overtake them so, unless there are only two games left this season it is clearly NOT INEVITABLE.

Things are bad enough on here without the hysterics, so please either do not surrender or else, surrender properly and do not post again until late May

OR...

You could just surrender before November even gets here FFS

If you said Relegation is a real pssibility then, fine, people would find it hard to disagree but when you say INEVITABLE you must realise you are being ridiculous.

Relegation is only inevitable when the potential points left to be won are less than those needed to overtake the team 4th from bottom, I look at the table (horrible though that is) and see that we currently need 4 points to overtake them so, unless there are only two games left this season it is clearly NOT INEVITABLE.

Things are bad enough on here without the hysterics, so please either do not surrender or else, surrender properly and do not post again until late May

Well said. (Although even with 2 games, and 4 points we'd have a chance!)

Ipswich had only lost one less game, and had the same GD.

Millen's staying, at least for now, so everyone should stop being so negative

Well said. (Although even with 2 games, and 4 points we'd have a chance!)

Ipswich had only lost one less game, and had the same GD.

Millen's staying, at least for now, so everyone should stop being so negative

Stop being so negative, bloody hell, how bad does it need to get before you people wake up and realise we are in freefall, we need a change now, not next month. Millen has had 11 games and got 6 points, no win at home and we are conceding 2 a game with ease. I cannot believe how there are still people around that think we will suddenly turn this around, the guy doesn't have any experience or form for this job, he had a little spell at the end of last season which in all honesty, the tea lady would have been as good a choice than GJ.

Where do you get this confidence from?

He has worked with these players day after day for years and tried every formation and every player and still nothing is working for him, he needs to go now so we can get someone in with a fresh approach and hopefully a whole new backroom staff that have never stepped inside AG before, we surround ourselves with old players and it's too comfortable for everybody. Scott Murray is still at the club for gods sake, why? And I love Scotty to bits for what he has done in the past.

Archived