IGNORED

A Club In Slow Decline

tully

Rose is 21 and a very good player in coming.

And like Caulker a Spurs player who wont be at City next season, and possibly not later in this dismal season.

And making it worse, we don't even have a player capable of doing what Rose & Caulker do.

The real criminal failure of Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson & in particular Millen to get young players of significant ability. Absolutly sod all young players coming through of any great ability. Just buy journeyman, after journeyman after journeyman, with the odd talented player or two to change things... depressing to say the least. And worse hanging onto said journeymen or the players of one leagues ability, far too long.

And like Caulker a Spurs player who wont be at City next season, and possibly not later in this dismal season.

And making it worse, we don't even have a player capable of doing what Rose & Caulker do.

The real criminal failure of Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson & in particular Millen to get young players of significant ability. Absolutly sod all young players coming through of any great ability. Just buy journeyman, after journeyman after journeyman, with the odd talented player or two to change things... depressing to say the least. And worse hanging onto said journeymen or the players of one leagues ability, far too long.

The sad thing is that we always have been able to overpay avarage players with zero potential instead of giving youth a chance.

Dear me, so if Johnson plays long ball he's crap but if Millen does he's being clever? He did not say we would just go long ball against Cardiff but that we were going long ball full stop. Rose may be creative but we are not going to see much of that given the tactics and selection. He was explicitly signed to play on the left as Keith said at the time. In midfield he has neither the strength nor the stamina for Championship football and looks a fish out of water. Much like Keith in fact.

I've said it before- players should be able o play in more than one position. Granted Rose is inexperienced, and I haven't seen a lot of him for us, but from what I can gather he is creative. Therefore to be played in the centre should not be beyond his nous. I've seen David Villa play in multiple positions for Spain, Iniesta too. Fact is modern football is very much linked into versatility and movement, do we have players with such versatility or movement at our disposal?

We don't play industrial robots. If going short is an better alternative we will go short.

I'll try one last time as I am obviously not being clear. Keith Millen said (not me) that we will play long ball. I am not expressing an opinion I am stating a fact.

I've said it before- players should be able o play in more than one position. Granted Rose is inexperienced, and I haven't seen a lot of him for us, but from what I can gather he is creative. Therefore to be played in the centre should not be beyond his nous. I've seen David Villa play in multiple positions for Spain, Iniesta too. Fact is modern football is very much linked into versatility and movement, do we have players with such versatility or movement at our disposal?

The answer to your question is no, for Bristol City and English football in general. Rigidity is built into them from a young age, unlike say Holland or Spain.

The sad thing is that we always have been able to overpay avarage players with zero potential instead of giving youth a chance.

We havent even got any youth players of sufficient standard anyway. even if we do, they wont get played by the likes of Johnson, who brings in carthorses like Baz Savage, Enoch Showumni, Darren Byfield and bloody Akinde. Take Riberio out of the equation and we aint got a lot anyway

This clubs development of players of all ages needs a clinical overhaul BEFORE we get relegated

Dream on. We are not going play long ball full stop. We have not got the team to do that.

Rose is 21 and a very good player in coming.

With all due respect, you weren't there, it was dire, we hoofed the ball up to stead time and time again, at times we hoofed it into space, mcallister passed the ball into the crowd more than he did to a red shirt. Longball crap, over and over again!

Archived