IGNORED

Lansdowns Blind Faith

bcfc@downend

I like SL very much, his heart and soul is with this football club, and is as desperate as us all to see us do well.

SL is hurting as much as us now, that you can be assured of.

But yes i have to agree with this post, some of his football decsions have not been good, having said that 99% of all City fans were on a high with the coppell signing, and very much the Johnson signing too, but im affraid most of us predicted the outcome of Millens appointment.

Millen was a total knee jerk appointment, Millen should have taken over only until a new manager was brought in.

Im not too sure if Millen will ever become a good manager, but if he ever does he needs to be appointed in the last two divisions and not here in the championship

I like SL very much, his heart and soul is with this football club, and is as desperate as us all to see us do well.

But yes i have to agree with this post, some of his football decsions have not been good, having said that 99% of all City fans were on a high with the coppell signing, and very much the Johnson signing too, but im affraid most of us predicted the outcome of Millens appointment.

Millen was a total knee jerk appointment, Millen should have taken over only until a new manager was brought in.

Im not too sure if Millen will ever become a good manager, but if he ever does he needs to be appointed in the last two divisions and not here in the championship

I just cannot understand Steve Lansdown, who has acheived such success in business, allowing this man to stay in charge.It will be Lansdown's decisons that decide if we stay up or go down.Millen I think we now know is not capable of doing the job.

Good post. I agree with that.

I like Lansdown but honestly feel he's making a massive mistake by sticking by Millen, it's blatantly clear to most the man is out of his depth and is dieing a slow death.

Every match he hangs on just means we're that little bit closer to league 1.

I just cannot understand Steve Lansdown, who has acheived such success in business, allowing this man to stay in charge.It will be Lansdown's decisons that decide if we stay up or go down.Millen I think we now know is not capable of doing the job.

The answer to this is really very simple. Its all a question of time. SL will not make a rushed decision when there is no need to panic yet. Thats the problem with a lot of fans, there's a tendancy to panic when it is not required. Rest assured if we are still in bottom 3 come ten games at the most then a new manager will be on board.

The answer to this is really very simple. Its all a question of time. SL will not make a rushed decision when there is no need to panic yet. Thats the problem with a lot of fans, there's a tendancy to panic when it is not required. Rest assured if we are still in bottom 3 come ten games at the most then a new manager will be on board.

0 out of 6 points in the next 2 Home games should see Keith resign or sacked. Any new manager must be allowed a degree of time to look at the squad before the January transfer window

We could be cut adrift by then and to far behind to make up the difference. It's clear Millen ain't up to it so why wait?

It's lackadaisical approach like yours that will see us relegated.

...but surely Lansdown made a panic decision when he appointed Millen in the first place? He's responsible for this mess. There's simply no way Millen was an adequate replacement for Steve Coppell...a man appointed to bring experience of building clubs and taking them into the Prem...which was the stated strategy for the club at the time of his appointment.

Instead we have a rookie who is taking us down. And I know we've only played 11 games...but that's a quarter of the season. Time enough.

I dont think it's blind faith.

I think the problem is the new stadium.

Having been refused the go ahead, this was more than a kick between the legs for SL

He has put his heart into this project to see Bristol City become part of the bigger picture.

Millen would be gone by now, if we had the go ahead.

But i think he will sit back until we get the final yes or no to the plans.

If we dont i can see him leaving the club at the end of the season (if not before)

He wants BCFC to be a success.

...but surely Lansdown made a panic decision when he appointed Millen in the first place? He's responsible for this mess. There's simply no way Millen was an adequate replacement for Steve Coppell...a man appointed to bring experience of building clubs and taking them into the Prem...which was the stated strategy for the club at the time of his appointment.

Instead we have a rookie who is taking us down. And I know we've only played 11 games...but that's a quarter of the season. Time enough.

Spot on Red B.

As much as I'm grateful for and respect SL for everything he has done and continues to do for the club, there's no doubt in my mind that SL's to blame for where we currently are. SL appeared to change his strategy as far as what manager was required very quickly when he didn't really need to and on the day of KM's appointment we lost that hope of forward momentum. This could adversely affect the quality of the next managerial appointment.

Archived