IGNORED

Is There Trouble In The Camp?

cityfan

It seems to me there might be. Louis Carey is undoubtedly a great servant and has been excellent and key for BCFC at centre back. Without him we have had no leader and have been somewhat shambolic on occasions. However, he has had his injury problems over the last two years and rumours of fall outs. Now it appears to be wit David James. I wonder if this is adding to our troubles?

I fail to see how anyone can possibly blame David James for our performances or goals conceeded either. Englands world cup goalie and he didn't leak goals at Portsmouth like we have done here. Clearly, not his fault.

Are some players unbalanced by a Premier league, world cup keeper coming to the team on big wages? Probably, but tough. If you want to play at a higher level, then you play with better players who have more experience, more knoweldge and earn more money. Don't get jealous and throw a paddy. Learn and improve. Didn't Marcus Stewart effectively have the same issue and it was him who got isolated because it would appear others couldn't handle it.

Our single biggest mistake this year was allowing Paul Hartley to leave. We are lost without him as a talent, as a leader and as a creative midfielder. I believe people respected him on the pitch and listened to him. Now we have nothing in midfield.

And finally our squad is way to big, far too many players which ends in personal disappointment when not playing and a team effectively brought together by 3 managers in 6 months. Bringing in another manager now will not solve the probalem. More squad changes, more money spent, more disarray.

Millen needs, if he doesn't already, to have the authority to release a whole bunch of players that are excess to requirements right now and focus on a smaller more niche group of players who can deliver some continuity. Everyone in every walk of life when working needs to know that they are valued and contributing and that their efforts will be rewarded. The squad is way too big to achieve that.

Added to the above and rumours abound, I think it is clear that Millen has a tremendous job on his hands, not of his doing and trouble does exist at Bristol City. There are a handful of players at City that are must have's right now; David James is undoubtedly one of them. We should take action on players now and stabilise the camp if indeed this needs to be done. Another 5 or 6 games of bad results and we will be seriously in trouble, mentally and by points achieved.

rumours like this surface at every club that is bottom or not performing to the expected level. I think almost every club has factions and people that don't get on but it only gets highlighted when performances dip. Look at Sheringham and Cole, they never spoke for years. In other words there might well be disputes like all clubs but they don't affect the performances.

Just shows how passionate 2 players are about losing, that's all it is... Shame the rest of the team don't act the same way

I would like to think you are right, but l suspect it's more likely to be a mix between a battle of ego's, Carey realising that he is no longer a capable defender at Championship level and James wishing he had never joined.

I always thought Orr was genuinely passionate, the scenes from yesterday were in my opinion far closer to childish petulance, which is a truly worrying sign!

I agree Carey was dreadful yesterday,the argument with David James resulted from Carey getting took on to easily and James made an amazing save from Chopra from 6 yards. James ran out and had a go at him, he's probably had enough of the garbage defending every week and Carey got in his face and was mouthing off. In my opinion this some's up Carey, he is meant to be the club captain, he doesn't take criticism and he is past his sale by date. If you watch any City game he's always arguing the toss with players, as he could possibly never be at fault! I though Fontaine was brilliant yesterday, great tackling, committed and showed a real fight for the cause. i think give hunt a go at right back and drop Carey, he was the weak link yesterday,he's just not good enough anymore! Sorry!

Archived