IGNORED

9 Games...

SimplyRed

We've now played 11 games. I think Lansdown has a maximum of 9 games to see if Millen can turn things around.

At that point (which will be after the Forest game on 4th Dec), if we are still 22nd or lower, Lansdown MUST decide whether Millen is capable of getting us out of the mire or not. You have to give any new manager time to instill some purpose and confidence into a team which, by that time will be staring doom in the face.

Bringing in a new manager, who has 26 games to save us from relegation is a reasonable ask and is achievable.

If we are 22nd or lower and Millen is still here after the 4th Dec, then I fear the worst.

We've now played 11 games. I think Lansdown has a maximum of 9 games to see if Millen can turn things around.

At that point (which will be after the Forest game on 4th Dec), if we are still 22nd or lower, Lansdown MUST decide whether Millen is capable of getting us out of the mire or not. You have to give any new manager time to instill some purpose and confidence into a team which, by that time will be staring doom in the face.

Bringing in a new manager, who has 26 games to save us from relegation is a reasonable ask and is achievable.

If we are 22nd or lower and Millen is still here after the 4th Dec, then I fear the worst.

i think this will be to late. must change things now

If Millen gets points on the board by early December Lansdown has a choice to make. Once it looks like we need more than a point and a half per game to get to 51 points I fear we are doomed cos that's the form of a decent side. Only big changes to management or playing staff will deliver that. If there's nothing got from the next two matches I think Lansdown has to act...

...actually, why am I writing that ?- he should have acted weeks ago....

To be honnest like alot of people are saying, if we get beat by Reading on tuesday night and then fail to win against QPR then Millen should be sacked! that would be 6 streight defeats in a row... if lansdown keeps him in charge after that then Lansdown needs to take a long hard look at himself.

What is worrying me now (and sadly there are a lot of things bothering me reds wise) is that when/if Millen accepts he is not up to it WHO takes over short-term? Really. Wigley? Walshie? Buster Footman??? There is a total lack of strength of character and leadership both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

I think the point I was trying to make is that, while I would be happy for Millen to go now (not my choice anyway), I think Lansdown may be looking at it like I suggested. Giving a new manager 26 games to get us out of trouble is a reasonable ask, but anything less than that may not be enough.

Thus, Lansdown may be thinking that his hand is not forced until around that time. He may well be looking for a replacement manager right now, so that it can be a quick change around.

The last thing I want is a 'caretaker' situation. I would much prefer to wait while Lansdown searches for a suitably experienced manager at the right price who can dig us out of this hole.

I think the point I was trying to make is that, while I would be happy for Millen to go now (not my choice anyway), I think Lansdown may be looking at it like I suggested. Giving a new manager 26 games to get us out of trouble is a reasonable ask, but anything less than that may not be enough.

Thus, Lansdown may be thinking that his hand is not forced until around that time. He may well be looking for a replacement manager right now, so that it can be a quick change around.

The last thing I want is a 'caretaker' situation. I would much prefer to wait while Lansdown searches for a suitably experienced manager at the right price who can dig us out of this hole.

You'd like to think that Lansdown would have someone waiting in the wings if Millen were to go tomorrow, let alone in December. It's common sense, surely, given our League position? Especially considering it was only a few months ago that they interviewed candidates for the job prior to appointing Coppell and I would assume that most of those are still out of work and would probably still want the job.

9 games!!!? we will be 10 points adrift by then. SL Needs to act ASAP!

if you assume we continue with the same proportional points haul then we will be a lot more than 9 pts adrift after 20 games.

I do not believe any chairman looks at anything more than 2-3 games when their team is in the dire straits we are. Anything more than that, before re-assessing, fails to take into consideration what other clubs are doing around us. We have only been bottom of the pile for a little over a week and already we are 4 points from safety, or effectively 5 with goal difference. That will already take probably 3 wins to haul back.

We could be 9 pts adrift in 2 games time; that could take an 18 pt haul to claw back; the longer we leave it, if we stay where we are, then the longer in proportion it is gonna take.

You'd like to think that Lansdown would have someone waiting in the wings if Millen were to go tomorrow, let alone in December. It's common sense, surely, given our League position? Especially considering it was only a few months ago that they interviewed candidates for the job prior to appointing Coppell and I would assume that most of those are still out of work and would probably still want the job.

Dare i say it but its probably a bloke called Wigley. speechless-smiley-040.gif

Archived