IGNORED

Were We Ripped Off.

Taunton_City

I noticed that too and have kept the ticket!

I don't think we were ripped off by City: £26 is what Norwich fans are paying in a couple of weeks, and £26 seems to be the price for other corner sections of the ground that the home fans use.

What occured to me is whether its a bit of a tax avoidance scheme by Cardiff, after all they're not exactly noted for their sound and transparent fianancial management are they? If they are marking tickets as £18, but actaully getting £26 then thats £8 on each ticket that the VAT-man doesn't know about. That's £1.40 per ticket, £840 yesterday, £2800 if the away fans fill the end, so lets say somewhere around £20-25K in a season that should go to the taxman but could be going to pay Craig Bellamy's wages instead. Not saying that is the expalnation, of course, but it does seem a little odd.

Dunno but I paid more than that to sit on my hands for an hour and a half, I was surprised at how shit the stadium was inside, if that's what Ashton Vale will be like (minus 10,000 fans) then no thanks, awful atmosphere, defeningly quiet.

Of course its going to be like that, all new stadiums are. Why anyone expects any difference is beyond me.

Your point is?

.....and I wouldn't say all, the atmosphere at the Britannia is rocking and the Amsterdam Arena is nothing short of amazing.

Stadium in foreign country's don't count, completly different attitude to football and its fans.

I would hardly call Britannia stadium rocking.

My point is, you said "if its like that", to which i was saying it will be.

Like doncasters ground, MK Dons ground, sunderlands ground, derbys ground, and all the other soulless bowls.

20090113163959_ajax_tifosi__groot_.jpg

Above photo, the attitude is different. You stick a banner like that up and be thrown out, let out a few flares and be banned from all grounds for 3 years.

The surfer, you would be asked if its got all the right certificates, like with Big George.

Your point is?

.....and I wouldn't say all, the atmosphere at the Britannia is rocking and the Amsterdam Arena is nothing short of amazing.

Sorry mate, but had to laugh at bit where you said that Ajax create an "amazing" atmosphere. I've been there 6 times to see them and each time I have felt that they are trying to copy the English style of chants and lifestyle. Really is poor atmosphere and each time I go away expecting a lot more.

Sorry mate, but had to laugh at bit where you said that Ajax create an "amazing" atmosphere. I've been there 6 times to see them and each time I have felt that they are trying to copy the English style of chants and lifestyle. Really is poor atmosphere and each time I go away expecting a lot more.

Thats true. Pretty dire except for a handful of 'working class amsterdamers' that the club let into the tob corner of one of the stands.

Pretty poor really. Feyernoord...now theres a culture..

Archived