IGNORED

Player Passion

marmite

Why do we see no pride or passion from the current squad or management? Where is the Gow type of aggression and fight.? Millen just seems to stand and watch whats happening on the pitch without any signs of passion. Even Fabio Coppello shouts and screams at his players. When we concede a goal you just know we will concede more, you can see the players expecting it to happen. I've watched city for 50 years through some really depressing times but I've never seen a team with so little backbone as what I am watching now. The squad needs trimming drastically to a sensible level of quality not quantity. You can only play eleven at a time so pick eleven that want to play for BristolCity not just for a wage packet. The same goes for management and coaching staff. Report so far this season..MUST DO BETTER!!! NOW!!

Do you think it might have been boo'ed out of them?

Do they look nervous in defence?

Do they look scared to try something going forward?

I get the freedom of speech, I've paid my money argument but if loads of people shouted and boo'ed every time something I tried didn't work I'd probably stop trying in the end and just hide.

We all want leaders on the pitch, why don't we set the tone in the stands?

Do you think it might have been boo'ed out of them?

Do they look nervous in defence?

Do they look scared to try something going forward?

I get the freedom of speech, I've paid my money argument but if loads of people shouted and boo'ed every time something I tried didn't work I'd probably stop trying in the end and just hide.

We all want leaders on the pitch, why don't we set the tone in the stands?

Excellent post. We all grow when we feel supported. If we want the players to show confidence we have to show confidence in them. Lets get behind them and help them to express themselves regardless of the current pressure on results. Maybe over the next few weeks, with the fans behind them, City can turn the corner and start enjoying this season.

Excellent post. We all grow when we feel supported. If we want the players to show confidence we have to show confidence in them. Lets get behind them and help them to express themselves regardless of the current pressure on results. Maybe over the next few weeks, with the fans behind them, City can turn the corner and start enjoying this season.

No amount of cheering, clapping and encouraging will suddenly give Keith any idea what he is doing. The fans have been patient, we have waited and postponed judgement.

However, only but the most blinkered can see that everything is a complete mess and unless a change is made very soon, it will be too late to save ourselves.

The thing that really worries me is that any new guy probably won't have much scope to change anything and will have to get the best of our hopelessly unbalanced squad.

Not if we win he won't.

Is it wrong to hope we lose on Tuesday just to see the back of Millen...rhetorical question

No it's not. The solution is in ejecting Keith. I know it sounds crazy, but it worries me that we might win and suddenly everyone will think everything's OK. If we win on Tuesday it might take another 5 or 6 games to show how incompetent he is again.

I honestly believe the best chance we have of saving this season is saying ta-ra to Keith.

No it's not. The solution is in ejecting Keith. I know it sounds crazy, but it worries me that we might win and suddenly everyone will think everything's OK. If we win on Tuesday it might take another 5 or 6 games to show how incompetent he is again.

I honestly believe the best chance we have of saving this season is saying ta-ra to Keith.

Spot on, thats exactly what i said earlier! to be honnest WHEN we loose to both Reading & QPR i'd be very suprised if Milly doesnt get the boot. if he doesnt then Mr Lansdown would need to take a long hard look at himself in my opinion.

Spot on, thats exactly what i said earlier! to be honnest WHEN we loose to both Reading & QPR i'd be very suprised if Milly doesnt get the boot. if he doesnt then Mr Lansdown would need to take a long hard look at himself in my opinion.

you dont like SL do you, you dont want the team to win do you. How can you actually claim to support Bristol City ?

Do you go to matches?

I have supported BCFC for over 50 years through good (but mainly bad). I have always hoped that during the bad times that we will improve, because as a BCFC fan hope rather than belief is a staple diet.

However I find some of the posts on the forum (not necessarily on this thread) unbelievable for instance, That suddenly Sproule, Clarkson or Haynes will become good, consistent and able to what we bought them for. I also find the constant support of Skuse strange, for me the type of game Skuse plays and the predicament we find ourselves in, he should be MOM week in week out by leading by example, I just don't see that.

I have supported BCFC for over 50 years through good (but mainly bad). I have always hoped that during the bad times that we will improve, because as a BCFC fan hope rather than belief is a staple diet.

However I find some of the posts on the forum (not necessarily on this thread) unbelievable for instance, That suddenly Sproule, Clarkson or Haynes will become good, consistent and able to what we bought them for. I also find the constant support of Skuse strange, for me the type of game Skuse plays and the predicament we find ourselves in, he should be MOM week in week out by leading by example, I just don't see that.

Do you not rate haynes? for me he's very consistent - on a bad day he'll cause problems with his pace - on a good day he' f'in brilliant

Do you not rate haynes? for me he's very consistent - on a bad day he'll cause problems with his pace - on a good day he' f'in brilliant

No I don't rate him. I will concede he can look dangerous but achieves very little, very occasionally when he does get everything right and he looks great, very inconsistent, dosen't score nearly enough and dosen't create nearly enough, for me 1 good game in every 4 or 5 is not good enough.

in fact thinking about it reminds me very much of Christian Roberts.

in answer to the thread title, simple they are paid too much even at our level, they have their arse's wiped for them by clubs from a very early age, they are allowed to develop ego's far bigger than their talent and the employer/employee state of affairs for all so called professional footballers is long gone, how often so far this season have you seen any of our players actually state how ashamed they are, how sorry they are or how they are going to make it right??.

Bottom line make professional football contracts performance related, with just a very basic living wage and all of the big payments linked to results.

No I don't rate him. I will concede he can look dangerous but achieves very little, very occasionally when he does get everything right and he looks great, very inconsistent, dosen't score nearly enough and dosen't create nearly enough, for me 1 good game in every 4 or 5 is not good enough.

in fact thinking about it reminds me very much of Christian Roberts.

Christian Roberts - a player who did very well for us!

When he had long stints up front, his record was one in two. Cant see why you never rated him - he appeared lazy yes - we know why now!

Christian Roberts - a player who did very well for us!

When he had long stints up front, his record was one in two. Cant see why you never rated him - he appeared lazy yes - we know why now!

An overall record for us of 1 in 4 at a lower level and yes we know why now!, I cannot believe for the life of me that somebody at the club did'nt know or understand what his situation was so what a pity that some of the more senior players and coaching staff or management or team mates at the time did'nt help him out. it's called tough love.

Archived