IGNORED

Alan Curbishley

Dolman_Stand

What we need is a Johnson style "revolution" to get the players playing as a unit with a team spirit / ethic which is clearly lacking however whilst GJ would not be the man to now provide this (I also highly doubt he would even consider coming back here) I think the only guy out there who would be able to give us this at the moment would be Alan Curbishley and if I was SL I would already be making the phone calls during this week and assuming the poor results continue against Reading & QPR I would have him lined up to start work from Monday week.

On paper the squad is still a strong Championship squad it just needs the right man at the helm

What we need is a Johnson style "revolution" to get the players playing as a unit with a team spirit / ethic which is clearly lacking however whilst GJ would not be the man to now provide this (I also highly doubt he would even consider coming back here) I think the only guy out there who would be able to give us this at the moment would be Alan Curbishley and if I was SL I would already be making the phone calls during this week and assuming the poor results continue against Reading & QPR I would have him lined up to start work from Monday week.

On paper the squad is still a strong Championship squad it just needs the right man at the helm

Alan Curbishley is, for obvious reasons, rated an extremely good manager and was always first or second choice, was he not, prior to SC being appointed.

Given his time out of the game, i.e. similar to Coppell, and of course because of what happened to us after the Southend match, I suppose one might question his level of motivation. That goes for any other manager who has been out of the game for a prolonged period.

Rightly or wrongly, SL has a jaundiced view of such options. Not saying he would not boldly go that route again however.

I think we will win on tuesday night. Then this talk will be subdued until friday night, afterwhich it will be substantially back on the agenda.

Archived