IGNORED

Wait A Sec, We Lost To 2nd In The League And Only Just!

Dave Youell

Now, I know things are pretty dire.

But I can't understand why everytime I come onto this forum I see 20 new topics all saying the same thing acting as if the last result is the straw that broke the camels back and NOW is the time for a change.

We just took Cardiff to the brink with 11 shots on target, that, to me, is promising. Regardless of what we all want to happen, The chairman has said that changes are not going to get made in the managerial department any time soon.

Posting repeated threads about how crap things are aint going to change an damn thing, right now, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything. Everyone knows the situation we are all in, we don't need constant reminders!

Focus on the next game and hope for the best.

the same people complaining about this result are the ones who were predicting 4 5 or even 6 - 0 "with us lucky to get nil". many of them said that anything better than that would be a good result.

Now apparently they have changed their minds. Says it all really.......

I see where your coming from but most people care about the result & the points, not how we played! and to be fair since when was it a positive to go 2-0 up and then end up loosing 3-2? that makes it even worse in my opinion.

I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy.

We scored twice against a team in a promotion position, Our defense has conceeded 3 times in at least 5 games this year already and all against lower opposition than Cardiff, so that doesn't come as much as a surprise, dissapointing yes, but not a shock.

What was a shock was getting service to the attackers for a change to create the chances. Adopt the same attitude against lower league teams and the results will come.

I still don't believe we belong where we are right now, like Ipswich last season or Liverpool this season, I don't believe that anyone feels that where they are at this point in the season will be thier end position.

Bring on Reading, attack like we did at Cardiff and we WILL win

But I can't understand why everytime I come onto this forum I see 20 new topics all saying the same thing acting as if the last result is the straw that broke the camels back and NOW is the time for a change.

We just took Cardiff to the brink with 11 shots on target, that, to me, is promising. Regardless of what we all want to happen, The chairman has said that changes are not going to get made in the managerial department any time soon.

Posting repeated threads about how crap things are aint going to change an damn thing, right now, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything. Everyone knows the situation we are all in, we don't need constant reminders!

I get where your coming from........but the facts are, we are virtually quarter of the way through the season, and nothing is getting better. Our defence is shambolic.......we are conceeding around 2 or 3 goals a game, both home and away. We have been making the same mistakes....over and over again....for the alst 18 months, going on 2 years. Seriously, what do we do on the training ground Monday to Friday????

We were 2-0 up......yet was there one City fan who thought to yourself "we will go on and win this game??"

Ive said it before, it wouldnt be so bad if we were seeing progress. Last season when Ipswich were bottom 3, people were saying "they are playing nice football, it just needs to click".....I dont see any of this with City under this current regime. There is no improvement.

I get where your coming from........but the facts are, we are virtually quarter of the way through the season, and nothing is getting better. Our defence is shambolic.......we are conceeding around 2 or 3 goals a game, both home and away. We have been making the same mistakes....over and over again....for the alst 18 months, going on 2 years. Seriously, what do we do on the training ground Monday to Friday????

We were 2-0 up......yet was there one City fan who thought to yourself "we will go on and win this game??"

Ive said it before, it wouldnt be so bad if we were seeing progress. Last season when Ipswich were bottom 3, people were saying "they are playing nice football, it just needs to click".....I dont see any of this with City under this current regime. There is no improvement.

I would have to disagree when you say it isn't getting better, because I think it is. The performance Saturday was vastly improved on Norwich as we were actually looking dangerous going forward, we looked well organised and we were winning everything at the back for a while. There was a lot of effort there as well, which was what you expect but was pleasing nonetheless. The result came down to two free kicks that were given because the ref felt the pressure of the crowd and it changed the game in Cardiff's favour. There were many positives to take and if you want proof of progress then we restricted Cardiff to one goal from open play, which was six times better than the last time we played them, and they probably had two other clear cut chances outside of that, which aint bad in my eyes.

We will beat Reading tomorrow and then QPR on Friday, mark my words.

We will beat Reading tomorrow and then QPR on Friday, mark my words.

Nonsense. Not a chance. No way.

Rather keep it real than bullshit myself that things ain't that bad. If it makes you guys feel better to 'pretend' things aren't too bad then good for you. Each to their own.

Speaks volumes that we're supposed to see losing a 2 goal lead as an improvement and reason for hope.

Also didn't we play well against Portsmouth, and the same 'half full' kinda people were saying play like that against Norwich and we'll be fine! Well we all know what happened there, possibly the worst performance of trh season.

We'll take 1 point out of the next 6 if we're lucky.

Even if we beat Reading, Millen should still go. Had we not beaten S****horpe whose players minds were elsewhere we would only have 3pts which is totally pathetic. Even 9pts from 12 games is awful, as it gives us a rough 35pts for the whole season, which we will go down with. I can personally see us drawing with Reading and losing to QPR, then its 7pts from 13 games, which gives us an average of 25pts on the season. A win against Reading will not make things right, it will just cloud over what is wrong.

Nonsense. Not a chance. No way.

Rather keep it real than bullshit myself that things ain't that bad. If it makes you guys feel better to 'pretend' things aren't too bad then good for you. Each to their own.

Speaks volumes that we're supposed to see losing a 2 goal lead as an improvement and reason for hope.

Also didn't we play well against Portsmouth, and the same 'half full' kinda people were saying play like that against Norwich and we'll be fine! Well we all know what happened there, possibly the worst performance of trh season.

We'll take 1 point out of the next 6 if we're lucky.

I'm not ''bullshitting myself'', thanks all the same. I'm basing my opinion on watching City and football in general over the last 25 years and I know that this side is capable of getting out of trouble with this group of players and the current manager at the helm.

Just because I'm not a polly panicker like you and I've actually got a set of bollocks doesn't make me delusional.

We are best priced at 15/8 to beat Reading and then 11/4 to beat QPR with Sky bet. You can get 2/1 to beat Reading, but the firm offering that are only 9/4 to beat QPR. Odds for the best double is 9.78/1 with Sky bet.

On Betfair we are 11/5 to beat Reading.

Personally I've been cashing in on +2.5 goals bets this season in games involving City. Will be going on this again tomorrow @ 20/21.

Yes but that is a single Kid, and by the time you take into account commission from Betfair, you are left with the general 2/1 that is freely available, however the lad was looking for a double and with 11/4 the best price for Friday's game with QPR, only available with Skybet, the accurate double price has to be with what price Sky bet make us to beat Reading which is 15/8.

That said I think QPR at 11/10 to beat us on Friday is a knocking bet and will be investing heavily. I fear we will be tanked 2 or 3 nothing on Friday.

I see where your coming from but most people care about the result & the points, not how we played! and to be fair since when was it a positive to go 2-0 up and then end up loosing 3-2? that makes it even worse in my opinion.

I care about results and points, especially against the likes of woolly backs, but equally as important is that we do things fairly and don't cheat as is the case with every Cardiff team i've ever known!

I agree with Redfred that things are slowly improving - but whether the improvements have come far enough to enable us to win at least one of our home games this week, I'm less than sure.

If we lose both then I think we have a bigger hole than those Chilean miners faced to climb out of to avoid relegation. :no:

Yes, we lost to a team 2nd in the league....and have also lost to the team lying 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 17th and 22nd.

We have the worst defence the division, we ship 3 goals every game, are 2nd worst scorers in the division, have no creativity, our players are arguing on the pitch, and our manager is drowning.

Calm down FFS?

Focus on the next game and hope for the best? Sounds like a Millen team talk.

I understand of course I do, the problem is that every week there is another problem. For instance this weeks problem is after our leader telling us we need to get our noses in front, we did 2-0 and even that was'nt good enough, so what sort of lead can we defend? and not forgetting 2 of our most senior players having a stand up argument which the commentators and Cardiff fans found extremely funny and more than anything sums up our real problems, nobody is prepared is actually shoulder the blame for their own individual mistakes.

This and the managers total obsession with Mcallister, who to me Millen somehow see's as the linchpin of our team, the evidence being that when Mcallister gets a knock we have almost an hourly is or is'nt he going to be fit for the next game from the manager and unfortunately he always does seem to get fit and also we have be honest about Skuse he is not as good as people make out, even an off form Elliott at least offers a goal threat of sorts.

I have said it before and i'll repeat, we have a very good squad, with 6 or 7 pieces of deadwood, we need a proper left back and a proper midfielder. Ship out the deadwood and bring in 2 players, although to be honest this should have been done weeks ago.

I'm not ''bullshitting myself'', thanks all the same.

Didn't say you were!

I'm basing my opinion on watching City and football in general over the last 25 years and I know that this side is capable of getting out of trouble with this group of players and the current manager at the helm.

Forget the 25 years comment, that mean little to nothing. What do you know that the rest of us don't? Whats going to change, how are we going to stop conceeding 3 a match... you get the ideal- please add some substance to why we're going to get out of trouble.

Just because I'm not a polly panicker like you and I've actually got a set of bollocks :flex: doesn't make me delusional.

I'm not panicking Im just reacting to the whats happening. Im sure your blind faith and bollocks will be very happy in league 1.

Didn't say you were!

Forget the 25 years comment, that mean little to nothing. What do you know that the rest of us don't? Whats going to change, how are we going to stop conceeding 3 a match... you get the ideal- please add some substance to why we're going to get out of trouble.

I'm not panicking Im just reacting to the whats happening. Im sure your blind faith and bollocks will be very happy in league 1.

You did

I have

You are

Yes but that is a single Kid, and by the time you take into account commission from Betfair, you are left with the general 2/1 that is freely available, however the lad was looking for a double and with 11/4 the best price for Friday's game with QPR, only available with Skybet, the accurate double price has to be with what price Sky bet make us to beat Reading which is 15/8.

That said I think QPR at 11/10 to beat us on Friday is a knocking bet and will be investing heavily. I fear we will be tanked 2 or 3 nothing on Friday.

Hmmm not sure about the QPR game given our performances on the telly against West Brom and Newcastle last season. Our players seem to enjoy the cameras and we have the players IMO capable of getting something...and QPR have to slip up sooner or later. Just my thoughts

Hmmm not sure about the QPR game given our performances on the telly against West Brom and Newcastle last season. Our players seem to enjoy the cameras and we have the players IMO capable of getting something...and QPR have to slip up sooner or later. Just my thoughts

The player that always scores when we are on the television will still be sadly missing though!

Archived