IGNORED

Positive - On The Up !

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Yes i have got my rose tinted glasses on but i see it like this...

We started really well against Watford and looked like causing them problems. When they scored ( lucky bounce for them ) our heads dropped which does happen when you are down at the bottom low on confidence. Even at half time i thought that if we scored early we would go on and win. Lee Johnson hit the bar and then they scored again after hand ball from Carey, so game over. Watford are 5th in the league and are a decent team. We were causing Cardiff problems and to go 2-o up away to the best team in the league tells me that we are NOT a poor team, however our defence is obvious;y poor and needs sorting ( Ribs , Stewart, Caulker and Fonts as a back 4 would be a start ).

We were always going to struggle at the start of this season with the Coppell mess, so Millen has got a tough job with alll of the injuries that we had and Copells signings that perhaps he doesn't rate ( Hunt, Cisse and Stewart ) .

We ahve improved since the start of the start of the season and as long as we are improving then that is a massive plus. Its when you are getting worse that you have got a problem ( like towards the end of GJ's reign ).

We also have got Haynes getting back to match fitness and Maynard to come back ( out 2 best players IMO ) so going forward i think we will be fine. I can definatly see us beating Reading on Tuesday and that will give us confidence for the Friday game where i can see a draw.

Getting rid of Millen and getting another new manager will cause even more disruption and is not always the answer.

If we don't get 4 points from the next 2 games then i will quite happily take the abuse.

Keep smiling :englandsmile4wf:

Some people won't realise what happening until relegation smacks them right in the face.

We can not defend- We will have to score 4 or 5 to win a match.

What, so you can't see a steady improvement over the last 4 games then ?????

Yes, the defence needs sorting but it has been poor for 18 months in my eyes. We need to bite the bullet and go and spend 1 - 2 million on a really good centre half, if one can be found. Coppell brought in Cisse and Stewart but for whatever reason they are not fit / good enough. Caulker looks ok but we need a partner for him. Carey, Fonts, Mcallister and even Nyatanga are all poor Championship / Good first division defenders. Its time to ship out

What, so you can't see a steady improvement over the last 4 games then ?????

How many points have we taken from the last four games then !!!! It's not improving when you still get beat every week. I would rather see us scrap out a 1-0 win, then get beat 4-3 in an entertaining game.

Yes, the defence needs sorting but it has been poor for 18 months in my eyes. We need to bite the bullet and go and spend 1 - 2 million on a really good centre half, if one can be found. Coppell brought in Cisse and Stewart but for whatever reason they are not fit / good enough. Caulker looks ok but we need a partner for him. Carey, Fonts, Mcallister and even Nyatanga are all poor Championship / Good first division defenders. Its time to ship out

Please tell me who is going to buy any of the four you mention, the only one who we would could sell would be Nyatanga, the other three, no one in this league or league one would afford their wages. We have a lot of moderate players on some of the highest wages in the league, which makes it seriously hard for us to ship out players until their contract is up.

Katchina, We may have lost the last few games as you quite rightly pointed out , but we are improving in our play. Do you remember that 9 game losing streak under GJ, towards the end we were playing much better but not getting the results, and then that one win kicked us off and i believe that we are close to this again, We are going to win on Tuesday i have no doubt :fingerscrossed:

I don't know why you think that players such as Fonts , Nyatanga etc are on really high wages compared with other players from other teams. Remember the Orr fallout over his contract, all defenders were on the same money and they wouldn't go higher for Orr so i would suggest that they are on 5k a week, which is probably average in this league . Teams such as S****horpe probably pay less and teams such as Qpr, Sheff utd, Ipswich, Burnley , Hull, Mioddlesboro etc probably pay more

Our wage bill last season was the 6th highest in the league, most of the players in our playoff year got extended contracts on new terms which would have included wage increases. I agree some of them are probably on 5k a week, but the fact is as you rightly point out, they are league one players, and very few league one players especially defenders are on 5k a week, that's why we will have a problem off loading them.

Nyatanga will not be on that as he is younger, but I bet Fontaine is on more than 5k a week.

Also with Bradley it was about money, but not how much per week, he was offered a decent contract for 2 years, but he wanted a four year deal with a relegation release clause, as he wanted security. This was not granted by the club therefore he took an improved salary for 18 months, only to leave before he became a free agent at the end of this season. It may have meant under his terms it cost us more money but it did secure his services for longer which was what he was looking for. He has now signed a 3 year deal at QPR on better terms than he was on here, with a salary increase on promotion.

We defended well enough at Burnley...

Burnley had 28 goal attempts, 15 on target.

James made a string of good saves, they hit the post/bar twice(?) and missed a penalty.

We didnt defend well enough, we were lucky.

As for the original post, it is perhaps said with a heavy heart but any optimism that appears at this time is little more than straw clutching. Our two most encoraging performances this season have come in 1-3 and 2-3 loses. Both games we gave a decent account of ourselves but when signs of encoragement are coming during multiple goal defeats the alarm bells should be frantically ringing.

As ive said elsewhere, if Millen didnt get the push post Norwich then it's unlikely he will now. But the reality is we are, or at least we should be, working on a game by game basis as to if he continues to be manager.

In essence he has already lost his job as it would take a miraculous run of form, one that given the evidence is certainly beyond us, to drag ourselves from the game by game scenario.

Like it or not, it's 'when' not 'if'.

We started really well against Watford and looked like causing them problems.

Wasn't there 32 minutes on the clock BEFORE our first shot??

I'd hate for us to have a slow start!

When they scored ( lucky bounce for them ) our heads dropped which does happen when you are down at the bottom low on confidence. Even at half time i thought that if we scored early we would go on and win. Lee Johnson hit the bar and then they scored again after hand ball from Carey, so game over.

If I remember correctly, it was 0-2 and game over at half time?

We were always going to struggle at the start of this season with the Coppell mess, so Millen has got a tough job with alll of the injuries that we had and Copells signings that perhaps he doesn't rate ( Hunt, Cisse and Stewart ) .

Coppell can be blamed for some of the early season fiasco, but after eleven league games of which Millen has been in charge for 10, surely Coppell can't be blamed any longer? It's not Coppells fault that we didn't have a shot on goal for32 minutes against Norwich.

Millen has brought in Caulker, Rose, Stead and Pittman. If he doesn't rate Coppells signings, then leave them out! Surely it's that simple?

We ahve improved since the start of the start of the season and as long as we are improving then that is a massive plus. Its when you are getting worse that you have got a problem ( like towards the end of GJ's reign ).

I appreciate my opinions are only based on the home performances, but with the exception of a 10-15 minute spell against Barnsley, the football has been dire. Performances inept....Millwall 0-3...........Norwich 0-3 Where is the improvement?

Abject score lines / abject performances!

We also have got Haynes getting back to match fitness and Maynard to come back ( out 2 best players IMO ) so going forward i think we will be fine. I can definatly see us beating Reading on Tuesday and that will give us confidence for the Friday game where i can see a draw.

With a quarter of the season gone, we are in the mire. After beating S****horpe away, we were left anticipating two successive home games, with all talk on here of six points and play off contention. Watford and Coventry have been mid/lower table at best in the last few seasons, but both tore us to shreds. This is worrying!

Reading has become a massive game, and a game we mustn't lose. We should worry about QPR and Mr Warnock at 10pm tomorrow.

Yes i have got my rose tinted glasses on but i see it like this...

We started really well against Watford and looked like causing them problems. When they scored ( lucky bounce for them ) our heads dropped which does happen when you are down at the bottom low on confidence. Even at half time i thought that if we scored early we would go on and win. Lee Johnson hit the bar and then they scored again after hand ball from Carey, so game over.

Sounds like our last home game v Norwich to me Whale Eye, though I do get what you are saying in the OP.

BTW I thought Watford were probably the best side we have seen at AG this season and I am not at all surprised to see them riding hih in the table.

Early days yet though.

Yep sorry i was on about the Norwich game. The point i was making was that our PEROFRMANCES are getting better and the points will follow. I am so sure of a result tonight that i might stick a fifty on it. 3-1 to City :fingerscrossed:

We heard this crud after a 'improved' performance against Portsmouth then went on to lose 0-3 to Norwich! Where's the improvement?

I think he means Norwich arpaul.

Watford was one of the worst games I have ever seen us play in my life!!!!!

Yes, I guessed it was Norwich, but it was still 32 minutes until our first attempt on goal.

Agreed Watford was awful. I can accept losing, but losing without fight, pride and passion I can not. We are showing nothing.

We heard this crud after a 'improved' performance against Portsmouth then went on to lose 0-3 to Norwich! Where's the improvement?

O dear you are struggling to get my point on this ITS THE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE imo of course. I feel that we are getting better and SOON THE RESULTS WILL FOLLOW, if you go to every game then surely you can see this. If you sit at home and just look at the results then you wont see it.

O dear you are struggling to get my point on this ITS THE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE imo of course. I feel that we are getting better and SOON THE RESULTS WILL FOLLOW, if you go to every game then surely you can see this. If you sit at home and just look at the results then you wont see it.

Im a SC holder so don't try a pull that one.

I thought the Norwich performance was dire and far worse than the previous match against Portsmouth where the performance was better, hence Im not understanding the claim that we are improving!? Home games are key and this is where we seem to be at our worse. That should worry all of us.

I think the team is as disorganised and clueless now as they were on the opening day against Millwall.

Where have you seen improvements?

Im a SC holder so don't try a pull that one.

I thought the Norwich performance was dire and far worse than the previous match against Portsmouth where the performance was better, hence Im not understanding the claim that we are improving!? Home games are key and this is where we seem to be at our worse. That should worry all of us.

I think the team is as disorganised and clueless now as they were on the opening day against Millwall.

Where have you seen improvements?

The Milwall game was like a pre-season friendlythe way our players laboured around the pitch, it was awful. We had loads of injuries and some of the players didn't look interested.

We looked a lot better against Norwich and we also played quite well against Cardiff. After the Millwall game it looked like we were a million miles away from getting any points, i now feel that we are not far away from getting out of our current situation.

We just need to drop Carey and we should be ok :bruce_h4h: Like i said earlier, we will win tonight and if we don't then i will hold my hands up and you will be right

Like i said, there has been a steady improvemnet and it was only a matter of time :dancing2:

Like i said, there has been a steady improvemnet and it was only a matter of time :dancing2:

I thought the first 30 minutes we were fantastic but we tailed off from there. Need to boss the game from start to finish not stop after we take the lead.

Nevertheless it was a far improved performance and a good result for all , QPR will be very interesting ,lets hope last night was not the exception and they keep it up.

Agreed Watford was awful. I can accept losing, but losing without fight, pride and passion I can not. We are showing nothing.

Nice to be proved wrong after last night.

We showed fight, pride and passion throughout the side and all over the pitch. Yes it got tense at the end, but we are Bristol City.

Archived