IGNORED

Watching The Qpr Game In New York...

enever

I am sorry if this should be in a different forum, and please feel free to move it if it is but...

just wondering if any one else living in/ visiting New York will be watching the game in Manhattan on Friday? (2:45 kick off NY time) or if anyone has suggestions of where other Ex-pat City fans watch the games?

I have watched a fair few games at different bars in NY, but have yet to try Nevada Smiths (meant to be "the place" to watch football in New York) but it has it listed as being on (luckily it is a Friday with no other game on!) and was wondering if there is anyone else out there going/ with any recommendations!?

I will be there with a few friends who are visiting (who aren't big city fans but will certainly be adopting us for the 90 minutes!)

cheers

There's a group of us meet in Nevadas for games. We normally get between 4 and 10 or so - I'm guessing it will be nearer the lower end of the scale as it is a Friday afternoon.

See you on Friday

All the best & enjoy the game, if I ever get to NY I will know where to drink

I'll be at Nevadas with the "big Bald Guy", come on down and cheer on the boys and have a few pints with us. By the way his name is Steve. We're there for every televised City game, might only be a couple of us as it's friday afternoon. lets hope we get pir second home win. See you there.

Having visited NYC myself several times, the idea of several City fans watching our game v QPR live in a bar downtown there on Friday afternoon (your time) is bizarre - to say the least.

Hey guys over there, we played brilliantly v Reading last night (well for at least 95% of the game, which is a massive improvement) so keep your chins up and hope for the best. So what if they are currently top of the division and we are bottom ? It's only a quarter of the way through the season.

Down a few Buds (or whatever) for us over here.

Love the energy of New York. Just a pity all the cabbies can hardly speak English and don't have a clue where they are going, though you would have thought with a street grid system it could not be easier !

Cheers for all the replies! Nevada smiths it is then by the looks of things. Sounds like there could be a few of us there?

Red planet - it's on 8th avenue in between 11th and 12th street in the east village.

I am praying they sell a cider in there (

Unlike everywhere else here!) just to add to the west country atmosphere!

Cheers for all the replies! Nevada smiths it is then by the looks of things. Sounds like there could be a few of us there?

Red planet - it's on 8th avenue in between 11th and 12th street in the east village.

I am praying they sell a cider in there (

Unlike everywhere else here!) just to add to the west country atmosphere!

Just to make sure you don't get lost-it's on 3rd Avenue between 11th and 12th! Been there a couple times with friends and the atmosphere has always been good, would be great to watch a City game there. Can't remember if they sell cider, although have seen Strongbow and Woodpecker knocking about on occasions in some other bars! Even saw some Thorn in Philly once, Irish bars are your best bet. There's a bar near Nevada's further down which had an English-style red telephone booth outside that used to sell British beers and ciders but not sure if it's still around. If you want some cheap drinks and see girls dancing on the bar, head over to Coyote Ugly which is just a few blocks away on 1st between 9th and 10th streets-always an interesting night in there!

Sorry, i known its on 3rd, I have no idea why I said 8th avenue!?

I will be with a couple guys who I don't think have been to Manhattan before and so a bar like Coyote ugly should go down well with them after the buzz if seeing city win! ;-)

I'd give Coyotes a miss bud, the place is well past it's best, stank of stale sick last time I was in there.

http://bcfcnyc.info/

Have only been to Nevada Smith's once, for Manchester United v Spurs in the 99 treble season. Full to the brim with United fans, and was glad to get out at the end. Personally, I'll be forgoing NYC, and will be watching it here with either no company at all, or a couple of the other City fans on the island.

Archived