IGNORED

Jon Stead

Bristolian76

To be fair I doubted him when city first tried signing him, then turned us down and I was happy and then city went back in for him and I was like what are you doing???? But to be fair at the moment he's proven me wrong! He runs his bollucks off up and down the pitch and gives 110% every game! Also grabbed a few, must be our top goalscorer now too, surely?? X

OK.... Lets Get Ready/Steady To Rumble can be worked into a good crowd chant ...

While playing silly buggahs finding lyrics & a youtube link to Ant 'N Decs effort - I also came across THIS :

I think it's IDEAL as a Pre-Match/Half Time Intro (over the tannoy system)... (specially when Stead is playing.. but even if he is'nt)

Should get everyone 'Up 4 It' players & crowd .. What Do You Think??

I really hope Jon finds his feet, keeps performing and finally settles down. For a lad to be 27 years old and had 8 teams in 8 years is always worrying. Hopefully, City turn out to be his team and he keeps performing like last night.

That was the best ALL ROUND performance from a front man in a city shirt that I've seen in a long long time last night. Worked his socks off, won the majority in the air, took up some clever positions, played a couple cracking through balls (one on to Haynes diagonal run from the opposite side of the pitch late on in the 2nd half was class) and he scored with a superb strike.

I was worried that we had signed another journeyman, and the record for signing sucessful front men under Johnson/Millen in the past is poor.

What I am most optimistic about though, is that if he does continue to lay like that, it suggests that KM on his own may have what it takes to pull the best out of players.

Now were playing better football and creating a few more chances I'd like to see Pitman given a good 20mins at the end away to Borough.

Another good performance from Stead, although he looked understandably a liitle jaded after tuesday.

What I didn't understand was, why he was playing deeper and wider, in the first half, than where he does his best work.

As others have said, I too am looking forward to a Stead and Maynard axis but will that happen? Millen seems to like playing one up top on his own, why not give Pittman a run along side him? That ball that Stead played along the Reading six yard box tuesday night was crying out for a poaching partner to smash it home.

Keep it up Mr. Stead.

Player of the season so far, no question.

I'd say he's not too dissimilar to a 100% fit Steve Brooker.

Makes an absolute mockery of his transfer fee - whilst Nicky scores some incredible goals, Stead has a great all round game. The two of them together from December will help us continue our climb up the league.

Player of the season so far, no question.

I'd say he's not too dissimilar to a 100% fit Steve Brooker.

Makes an absolute mockery of his transfer fee - whilst Nicky scores some incredible goals, Stead has a great all round game. The two of them together from December will help us continue our climb up the league.

... but much better!

I came across THIS :

I think it's IDEAL as a Pre-Match/Half Time Intro (over the tannoy system)... (specially when Stead is playing.. but even if he is'nt)

Should get everyone 'Up 4 It' players & crowd .. What Do You Think??

I take it nobody else thinks the ... Ready STEADY Go ... music would be good for matchdays then?

Pity I thought a quick blast sample of it would be spot on, easy to join in, clapping, vocally, & for ' bouncing' too.

Another good performance from Stead, although he looked understandably a liitle jaded after tuesday.

What I didn't understand was, why he was playing deeper and wider, in the first half, than where he does his best work.

As others have said, I too am looking forward to a Stead and Maynard axis but will that happen? Millen seems to like playing one up top on his own, why not give Pittman a run along side him? That ball that Stead played along the Reading six yard box tuesday night was crying out for a poaching partner to smash it home.

Keep it up Mr. Stead.

Obviously Millen told him to go and defend McAllister from Walker, was no wonder he was so tired by the end of the game.You'd think from scoring such a great goal it would make you keep him up front even more. Brilliant goal I was screaming him to pass to Haynes as he was free but what a suberb finish and I'm sure would of provided more chances if he had more support.

I take it nobody else thinks the ... Ready STEADY Go ... music would be good for matchdays then?

Pity I thought a quick blast sample of it would be spot on, easy to join in, clapping, vocally, & for ' bouncing' too.

+1 Cracking tune.....cracking player...tactics put him wide left which was a shame. On this form he really has it all, touch awareness, work rate, weight of pass and goals....quality.

His reaction after the Cardiff game made me think we have a guy who really wants it to work at City he had his hands on head and was genuinly gutted...thats god enough for me...the bloke cares.

Archived