IGNORED

James

dezgimed

Couldnt make it. Away with work. However BBC said this:

71:46 Jem Karacan takes a shot. Brilliant save by David James.

42:18 Corner taken by Ian Harte from the right by-line played to the near post, David James makes a brilliant save.

38:47 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jamie McAllister on Jimmy Kebe. Ian Harte delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right wing, fantastic save by David James.

Brilliant and Fantastic saves, and thats from the uninspiring autotext!

Did he prevent a few certain goals?

I think alot of the aggression towards him is unjust and mostly a direct result of our current predicament.

Perhaps he'll kick on now!

Did very well, time and again his class was shown when catching the ball rather then just saving it. The real difference between him and Deano is his ability to come and collect crosses. In my opinion Gerken is a fantastic shot stopper but he was regularly found to be glued to his line or, later in the season, making rash and naive decsions to charge off his line!

He made one or perhaps two outstanding saves that would have beaten most keepers I would think. But he did worry me once in the first half when he failed to hold a shot but gathered it on the bounce, and then right at the death he made a bit off an ineffective punch following a corner, which caused some last minute panic as we tried to clear the ball.

But a clean sheet win is as good as it gets, and if we can build on this and get some confidence running through the team then DJ and the defence will hopefully become very miserly with conceding goals.

Archived