IGNORED

Steven Caulker

The Enormous Turnip

He's only 18 but from what I've seen of him Caulker is twice the player of any of our other defenders.

Fonts had a top game tonight but for me Caulker was immense, he has pace, presence is strong in the air, couldn't ask for anything more. Those two should definitely be our centre back pairing from now on.

He's only 18 but from what I've seen of him Caulker is twice the player of any of our other defenders.

Fonts had a top game tonight but for me Caulker was immense, he has pace, presence is strong in the air, couldn't ask for anything more. Those two should definitely be our centre back pairing from now on.

agree with the final sentence!

They're showing promise together, a pity he isnt ours perminantly, but whilst we have him... lets play him. you never know, we might get to keep him for a couple of seasons yet!

For me Fontaine was the pick of a good bunch, he was outstanding. He won everything and some of the tackles and blocks he made were excellent. Caulker was very good as well though and you can tell he will be a world class player in a couple of years. I thought both were magnificent at the back tonight and it made for a refreshing change.

I thought Caulker was the better of the middle two, both of whom did very well, Carey was ok but looked a little out of sorts and made a couple of poor passes. McAllister was not up to the same standards as the rest again.

I think it's important that if Caulker and Fonts are the pairing we stick with, Carey stays at right back for a while to help organise them. It was noticeable that was happening tonight but there were still a few dicey moments that need work.

For me Fontaine was the pick of a good bunch, he was outstanding. He won everything and some of the tackles and blocks he made were excellent. Caulker was very good as well though and you can tell he will be a world class player in a couple of years. I thought both were magnificent at the back tonight and it made for a refreshing change.

Agree with you mate, Fontaine was superb. Only behind Stead for MOTM for me. The kind of performance we all know he can give which makes his poor performances evern more frustrating!

Carey was pretty poor.

Any idea how long Spurs have left to recall Caulker? Was it within the first 28 days from when he joined?

Taken from the OS:

"The deal for the 18-year-old is subject to a recall clause available to the Premier League side, which becomes active after the first 28 days of the loan."

So Caulker and Rose can be recalled by Spurs at any time after they've been here 28 days. Damn.

we took fontaine on loan from fulham before we signed him on full time basis.

i doubt very much Caulker would break into the spurs team any time soon, hopefully we can have him on loan for a few seasons while he "grows up", maybe even sign him up on a permanent deal.

Optimistic! I'd imagine he'll be one of the best defenders in the world within 5 years! 18 is incredibly young!

Optimistic! I'd imagine he'll be one of the best defenders in the world within 5 years! 18 is incredibly young!

:laugh:, i think your comment is more optimistic than mine. "Best defender in the world within 5 years".

he's cracking for his age, but come on. That's a major statement.

I sure hope so, and i hope he plays for us at the time.

:dancing2:

Taken from the OS:

"The deal for the 18-year-old is subject to a recall clause available to the Premier League side, which becomes active after the first 28 days of the loan."

So Caulker and Rose can be recalled by Spurs at any time after they've been here 28 days. Damn.

I don't think Spurs will recall either unless they're really up shit street. They wouldn't have loaned either if they were going to play first team football this season and they have a big squad.

:laugh:, i think your comment is more optimistic than mine. "Best defender in the world within 5 years".

he's cracking for his age, but come on. That's a major statement.

I sure hope so, and i hope he plays for us at the time.

:dancing2:

I didn't say the best defender in the world, I said "one of." There's a big difference. If he is playing this well at just 18 he has years to develop under an excellent manager and good set-up at Spurs. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if come 23/24 he was one of the PL's top defenders.

Fontaine was amazing today, he was faultless! Caulker is also a fantastic defender and will be playing in the prem very soon! I hope the lad is English? if so then we have a very exciting defender on our hands with this little gem! if only he was ours aye! im sure he would come back next year if spurs allow him, lets hope so anyway!

I didn't say the best defender in the world, I said "one of." There's a big difference. If he is playing this well at just 18 he has years to develop under an excellent manager and good set-up at Spurs. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if come 23/24 he was one of the PL's top defenders.

well saved.

let's look at spurs' current centre defenders.

Dawson, Bassong, King, Gallas, Kaboul, Woodgate.

When you look at their ages, in 2 years when Cahulker becomes 20, Dawson, Kaboul & Bassong will be under 30, the others will either be (or currently are) on the wrong side. So they'll be looking for new players / youth.

no doubt he's probably gonna be a star

only problem for us is if the Home Grown Laws stay in, then they'll defo wanna keep him. If Harry thinks he can step up into the prem then fair play, i think he should stay with us to learn the trade, but that's just me being biased. (and optimistic) :-)

• Admin

Taken from the OS:

I may be wrong, but I thought Rose was a long term loan with no recall.

. McAllister was not up to the same standards as the rest again.

Thought that a little harsh. Didn't do much wrong that I saw, and JCR in front of him was frequently marking fresh air. If you are left solo to cover 2 players, then fair play if you are nt over run.

Thought that a little harsh. Didn't do much wrong that I saw, and JCR in front of him was frequently marking fresh air. If you are left solo to cover 2 players, then fair play if you are nt over run.

He ducked under a header, nearly cost us a carbon copy goal from Cardiff. Lost his man later on INSIDE the box - honestly, how does a full back forget that a winger is outside him? Place kicked instead of passing as normal. Didn't support JCR all night going forward.

I know JCR isn't Mr Protective but I don't think that's any excuse for the above.

He ducked under a header, nearly cost us a carbon copy goal from Cardiff. Lost his man later on INSIDE the box - honestly, how does a full back forget that a winger is outside him? Place kicked instead of passing as normal. Didn't support JCR all night going forward.

I know JCR isn't Mr Protective but I don't think that's any excuse for the above.

I would also agree that is harsh about McAllister last night (I am not referring to previous games). He had a reasonable game and was far superior to our other full back who looked vulnerable all game. Based on last nights performance I would stick with McAllister on Friday and replace Carey with Ribeiro; that being the only change.

It;s good to hear of the potential of a decent central pairing. An with the usual suspensions, sore throats, choir practice and crack comedowns that every squad has to deal with in a long season it's just as well Louis's manly kinda experiance and the talent of that little welsh lad means its all good. Ah, peace, bliss and harmonial loving all round.

I would also agree that is harsh about McAllister last night (I am not referring to previous games). He had a reasonable game and was far superior to our other full back who looked vulnerable all game. Based on last nights performance I would stick with McAllister on Friday and replace Carey with Ribeiro; that being the only change.

Yeah Louis at full back sems dodge as man. Not for me Des.

Archived