IGNORED

Mark Watsons Show

Avalonred

A new sports panel show brought to ITV4 by the makers of Radio Five Live's cult Saturday morning sports show Fighting Talk.

Comedian and Bristol City fan Mark Watson hosts a no-holds-barred celebration of not just the beautiful game but all that makes British sport great... or quite promising, frequently over-hyped and ultimately disappointing.

Filmed in front of a live studio audience, the series will feature guests from the worlds of sport and entertainment, invited to put their own spin on the week's sporting events. Guests on the panel are awarded points for unique opinions, punditry and sporting passion rather than 'correct' answers to some of the funniest and most peculiar sports questions.

Mark Watson says: "I'm delighted to be taking the reins for what promises to be a festival of sport and banter. I can promise the fans I will give 110 percent, possibly as much as 115 on occasion. I'll be putting a top squad of pundits through their paces, refereeing in a firm but fair manner, and sometimes setting a captain's example by putting my own skills on the line."

Channel boss Zai Bennett says: "ITV4 is renowned for bringing great sport and entertainment to viewers and Mark Watson Kicks Off is a great fit for us. Mark is a fantastic comedian and presenter, and will be bringing his expert sporting knowledge to the show. It's great to be welcoming him to the channel."

oh dear it's embarrassingly bad, Simon Day has the look of a man who is going to sack his agent for booking him on the show.

Bit harsh. I thought it was a giggle. Not bad for that time of night if you want some easy watching.

At least it has some footy banter rather than crap about rugby, golf etc.

Archived