IGNORED

The Ghost Of John Ward

officialandvague

Your proof? Bear in mind that Ward did actually get us promoted whereas Benny simply guided us to bottom of the league.

Maybe being assistant for Ivory Coast at the world cup? If you look at Benny's CV there can be no doubt that he has achieved a great deal. John Ward achieved one promotion with us, threw his toys out of the pram and has been distinctly average elsewhere.

Benny brought the kids through, made some really good signings (Ivan T, Sebok, S Anderson). I don't think Benny was given a fair crack at the whip and would liked to have seen him lead us out in the then division one.

The fact was he inherited a team with a shockingly bad and ill-equiped defence and to keep us in that league at that time would have been an absolute miracle.

If my memory serves me correct, our next game after Bolton was a 0-0 draw with QPR live on Sky on a Friday night? Spooky if I'm right.....

Edit - Soccerbase proves me wrong, by about 4 months!

Beat Bolton 2-1 live on Sky on a Friday night , October' ish, Ward walked the next day cos Benny had been brought in to help him,

Benny's first 2 games Barnsley? away 5-0 defeat, Wolves, home (3 little pigs) 6-1 defeat.

lifes never dull at Ashton Gate!

Maybe being assistant for Ivory Coast at the world cup? If you look at Benny's CV there can be no doubt that he has achieved a great deal. John Ward achieved one promotion with us, threw his toys out of the pram and has been distinctly average elsewhere.

Benny brought the kids through, made some really good signings (Ivan T, Sebok, S Anderson). I don't think Benny was given a fair crack at the whip and would liked to have seen him lead us out in the then division one.

The fact was he inherited a team with a shockingly bad and ill-equiped defence and to keep us in that league at that time would have been an absolute miracle.

I really don't care about Benny's involvement with the Ivory Coast, to be honest. It's what he did at Ashton Gate which interests me.

And what do you mean by "he brought the kids through"?

I really don't care about Benny's involvement with the Ivory Coast, to be honest. It's what he did at Ashton Gate which interests me.

And what do you mean by "he brought the kids through"?

Jim Brennan, Aaron Brown, Matt Hill, Steve Phillips - all given their debuts by Benny except Brennan and he was only a bit-part player until Benny took over.

Archived