IGNORED

Qpr Match Thread

Martyn Hocking

This isnt a cheap dig at Millen becuase Johnson was no better but how I long for a positive manager at The Gate who sets his side out to win games comfortably and not just get their heads in front and hold on....

Again, they are top of the league for a reason, have scored 25+ goals and only conceeded 4 this season.

Would of bitten your hand off for a draw at 7.30pm

Well played City!

This isnt a cheap dig at Millen becuase Johnson was no better but how I long for a positive manager at The Gate who sets his side out to win games comfortably and not just get their heads in front and hold on....

no disrespect mate, but if someone had offered you 4 pts from reading and qpr, surely you would have taken it? i was willing city on to throw on sproule maybe and use some pace to chase a winner, too, but millen seems to be realistic enough to know this is a good point, and a draw, albeit frustrating after having led, is no bad result against the league leaders

Great effort boys, disappointing to concede like that, but draw was fair result.

Stead MOTM. Defended as a team, played like a team, promising stuff. Caulker was class, Elliott worked his socks off but was unproductive, Rose good game and fair play Macca he was solid. Johnson also nice and tidy.

Good decision to bring on Cisse, if a little early. Although he lost his man for the goal.

Well done for keeping that boy Walker on the left quiet second half too.

Onward and upwards, push on from here boys!

Draw fair result... but we almost had 'em... sat in too deep for too long on a one goal lead, equaliser was always likely, think we had it in us to give them a few more headaches to be honest in that second half.

GREAT TO SEE US SHOWING REAL PROMISE NOW THOUGH.. FEAR NO-ONE, WE ARE AS GOOD AS ANYONE!!! :city:

(Good goal line stop by Mac ... played well as did everyone AGAIN!)

If they are Jan then that needs to be extended, surely Caulker must be a future 1st teamer, he's a fantastic player and only 19!

Rose has real quality, great touch, not lightening but intelligent and links well with steady who COULD be bargain of the seasona and a future Citye legend, works hard and is a he'll of a player, looks a steal.

Cant complain about the effort at all, or the determination. Pity we made one lousy mistake and paid for it. would have LOVED to end the Rse winning streak. shit happens. Sadly I think they will go up this season, as Champions, unlike the sheepshaggers who wont.

frustrating. wonder why Milly didnt replace Stead, who looked cream crackered

Rose was MOTM, not Walker IMHO n all.

Typical Warnob side dirty as ****..

Good performance and result in the end can't believe they gave walker man of the match as he didn't do anything second half, if we keep performing like that things are looking good would have liked is to stay more attacking than going defensive but we did have the chances to win the game, very well played by all tonight

Am I the only one to notice that Millen decided to put Stead at right wing during that half. As soon as we scored he changed it. WHY? We looked threatening with Stead up front. Just shows his inexperience.

Couldnt agree more with that, always wanted to defend the lead as soon as we scored, should of kept it how it was as we were looking dangerous and had opportunites to get a second.

Cant complain about the effort at all, or the determination. Pity we made one lousy mistake and paid for it. would have LOVED to end the Rse winning streak. shit happens. Sadly I think they will go up this season, as Champions, unlike the sheepshaggers who wont.

frustrating. wonder why Milly didnt replace Stead, who looked cream crackered

Rose was MOTM, not Walker IMHO n all.

Typical Warnob side dirty as ****..

Rose had so much space in the first half Qpr couldnt cope with him! Still looked tired after the hour but a points a point nearer safety for us!

Signs of improvement from the last time I watched them play (v Watford). Millen cost us the victory with his naive tactics. Clarke Carlisle summed it up perfectly....'As soon as they scored they started playing like the away side'.

Inexperience from the gaffer but mistakes are learnt from.

Fair result, from the amount of chances we decided to gift QPR but we could have sealed the win. Shows we are missing a quality striker i.e. Maynard.

But we have a point against the top side so I would have taken that after the Watford game. AND we are only 1 point off safety now NOT four.

C'MON YOU REDS LOOK AT POSITIVES AND MOVE FORWARD!

I agree fellas 4 from 6 is a great return considering the start to our season.

And my comment is as much about the last 18 months as the last 2 - I just dont know when and why we stopped considering the Gate as a fortress that teams fear coming to and turned it into somewhere where we just dont want to lose...

Anyway good performance from the boys tonight.

First time Ive seen Stead in the rednwhite and thought he was superb and just look forward to Nickys return to the pitch and form - think these two, backed up with Pitman / Vokes who will come good, will do enough to score us out of the trouble we're in...

Right I'm off to the beach to catch some early waves.................

Great battle and some good play by us. Team spirit seems to on the up.

Things to look at:

- Haynes needs shooting practice (criminal finishing)

- Marv desperately needs to sort out his passing

- Tactically we shouldn't try to shut up shop against the league leaders with only a one goal lead after 55 minutes.

Couldnt agree more with that, always wanted to defend the lead as soon as we scored, should of kept it how it was as we were looking dangerous and had opportunites to get a second.

We weren't looking dangerous at all, actually getting overrun, gave up a goal cancelled for a stupid reason immediately after the break and had been under sustained pressure for 5+ mins when Cisse was brought on. Not only did our best chances come after, we looked like the better team too.

Tommy Smith is one hell of a substitute to bring on and looked most likely to create something. Quality tactical decision by Millen.

Positives tonight:

Carey & McAllister BOTH had a ******* good game.

James is STIIL a quality keeper.

Stead is in fine form at the moment

They played as a TEAM. Every man jack of um

The team put 100% effort in. Every man jack of um

They defended in numbers and in packs till Adamoah went off, slightly less so after he left

Marvins best game for a while.

Lee Johnson is an asset, now his bloody dad has gone.

Ditched the long ball shit AT ******* LAST!

You cant call Ashton Gate a library anymore. The only time the cockernees were heard is just after their goal

Negatives:

Taking Adamoah off in the 57th minute, and replacing him with Cisse, was not a good idea, given QPRses ability to attack. Invited more pressure on the defenders

Sloppy defending at the set piece which led to the goal, and of ALL people it had to be that USELESS **** Angyemang to take advantage

Haynes need shooting practice. He should have scored one of the two chances. Put a good shift in apart though

We left Stead on too long. He was knackered, would have been worth trying Pitman or Clarkson to keep the pressure on THEIR kanckered defenders!

Warnobs teams unbeaten run went into their record book. bugger!

Bollocks we're still bottom despite all their hard work!

The only negatives which are a pain is the last two! The first three can be sorted!

Finally I could watch City on the Italian television... good defensive match for us, until 82th minute :( What a pity for the result...a victory would have been very good for the table,whereas now the result can be positive only if tomorrow the other teams at the bottom lose...

However..speaking about the game.. all the defence played well, especially Caulker and Macca; in the midfield, Rose was more dangerous than Adomah,an Johnson passed the ball quite well, but in the 2nd half he became very tired and he lost accuracy. Stead was fantastic, a great goal and a lot of defensive work, but also some good assists. Haynes too played well defensively, but he failde 2 great opportunities that could have been important for the final result.

Disappointed for the late goal and the 2 points lost, but the positive thing is that City seems to gain more confidence, some goals are arriving and the defence with Caulker and Carey on the right is more solid.

C'mon thre Robins! We must avoid relegation! :chant6ez::fingerscrossed:

Archived