IGNORED

Loan Watch - Marlon Jackson

Eighteen97

I went down to check out Marlon in the Crewe Vs Aldershot game today, hoped this post would be more well informed but he was taken off at h/t (dont think it was an injury call)

Anyways, he played out on the right, and was gettin stuck in, chasing down back passes, one of which nearly came off as the goalie scuffer it. He also had a moment of theatrics in the box, went down a wee bit too extravigantly (sp?) under a challenge; no pen or no booking for diving so go figure.

Aldershot played wi a couple of big lads up top, Damien Spencer and Marvin Morgan,, I would have like to see how Marlon faired playing off Morgan.

It was a poor game in truth and difficult to gauge what Marlon can offer as Ive nevee seen him play and he only got 45 today, but I dont want to see another prospect get sent packing too soon.

On a side note, Aldershot have one of the greatest named players Ive ever seen, Manny Panther. Its up there with Ruud Boffin at West Ham, or Jeronimo who came on for Barnsley.

Anymore names of this ilk??

I went down to check out Marlon in the Crewe Vs Aldershot game today, hoped this post would be more well informed but he was taken off at h/t (dont think it was an injury call)

Anyways, he played out on the right, and was gettin stuck in, chasing down back passes, one of which nearly came off as the goalie scuffer it. He also had a moment of theatrics in the box, went down a wee bit too extravigantly (sp?) under a challenge; no pen or no booking for diving so go figure.

Aldershot played wi a couple of big lads up top, Damien Spencer and Marvin Morgan,, I would have like to see how Marlon faired playing off Morgan.

It was a poor game in truth and difficult to gauge what Marlon can offer as Ive nevee seen him play and he only got 45 today, but I dont want to see another prospect get sent packing too soon.

On a side note, Aldershot have one of the greatest named players Ive ever seen, Manny Panther. Its up there with Ruud Boffin at West Ham, or Jeronimo who came on for Barnsley.

Anymore names of this ilk??

I think theres someone called Ronaldo Naldo, brilliant!

I only thought of this last night when watching Doncaster vs Sheff Utd, I'm sure they had an academy lad at left-back and two academy products that came off the bench. All very different to what we see. All we see is the perpetual 'academy product' Cole Skuse who seems to have been the designated 'local boy' for ever.

That aside, why isn't our Academy producing anything? Do any of them honestly have any chance of even getting a look in? As things stand I'd say any young forward or midfielder has no chance of getting anywhere near the first team. Would the founders of the academy have expected this '10'years down the road?

I only thought of this last night when watching Doncaster vs Sheff Utd, I'm sure they had an academy lad at left-back and two academy products that came off the bench. All very different to what we see. All we see is the perpetual 'academy product' Cole Skuse who seems to have been the designated 'local boy' for ever.

That aside, why isn't our Academy producing anything? Do any of them honestly have any chance of even getting a look in? As things stand I'd say any young forward or midfielder has no chance of getting anywhere near the first team. Would the founders of the academy have expected this '10'years down the road?

Skuse, Ribeiro, Walker, Edwards and Wilson are all good prospects. I think the Academy is starting to bear fruits, the only problem is, if they don't get given the chance then they'll never achieve anything.

weird how all 5 i mention can or have played right back

Archived