IGNORED

A Loss Of 12m, How?

jfkerton

My dad is going to Villa Park to watch Aston Villa vs. Manchester United, at Villa Park, and he has just paid 24 quid for a ticket. How is it that adults (i'm a student mind) pay 28 quid at AG, to watch Preston North End. And the club still manages to lose 12m a year.

And Landsdown want's more people through the turnstiles, maybe he should make it better value for money and more people would turn up.

I am speechless, really.

My dad is going to Villa Park to watch Aston Villa vs. Manchester United, at Villa Park, and he has just paid 24 quid for a ticket. How is it that adults (i'm a student mind) pay 28 quid at AG, to watch Preston North End. And the club still manages to lose 12m a year.

And Landsdown want's more people through the turnstiles, maybe he should make it better value for money and more people would turn up.

I am speechless, really.

Around £50m a year TV revenue and prize money in the Prem.

Around £1-2m a year TV revenue and prize money in the Championship.

The sky money dwarfs all other incomes for most Premier Clubs (exception being the very big clubs with worldwide merchandising) making ticket prices almost irelevant for some clubs

When Burnley went up they allowed all EXISTING season ticket holders to renew for free as a reward for past loyalty.

For us the ticket money is our major income - save the odd concert plus the pie 'n beer money etc - but sadly not enough to cover the wages

and fees paid out by GJ.

CR

Oh and of course the complete waste of money by Coppell on 3 players KM doesn't want

Rubbish replies so far.

The Original Poster's question is a fair one.

£12m of loss on an income of £11m is ludicrous, and unneccessary.

Anyone that thinks such huge losses are inevitable just because we arent getting 40,000 gates and £40m Sky money isnt in the real world.

Rubbish replies so far.

Anyone that thinks such huge losses are inevitable just because we arent getting 40,000 gates and £40m Sky money isnt in the real world.

You really do have a HUGE chip don't you Nick....all because you were ignored by the chairman?.

That is just as bad as Robbered's vilification of GJ....

BCAGFC

I am speechless, really.

We could suggest building a new stadium?

Rubbish replies so far.

Of course huge losses are inevitable without sky and prem if we stay at the gate and dont get a new stadium. £13 mil in wages dont pay themselves. Therefore you need one of the above to pay them. Yes of course such huge losses can be avoided but to do so will require a huge cut in wages which would get us no where.

Rubbish replies so far.

yeah. be much better when we're in a new stadium and have increased revenue streams. Glad you finally agree.

Is that right. A loss of £12M when income was only £11M?

I tried downloading the pdf but gave up as it was taking so long.

If it is I can't see how a new stadium will help. Looks more like something more fundamental. Costs that are double income?

Hardly a recipe for success. And what surprises me is how a man with so much personal wealth and a business that provides financial investment services can continue to fund BCFC in such a way.

Must have deep, deep pockets, long arms and be confident that this investment will come good.

What a joke this post is, Villa are 1 of the biggest clubs im europe, they sale out 40,000 seats per game, they play in the prem, they get TV money... the is a mega, mega difference between us and Villa. i dont understand how you fail to see this? Strange.........

Your on the natch right?

Villa are barely know in 'europe', name me the last time they qualified for continental competition. They do not sell out every game, i for one cannot see there being 40,000 villans watching the Blackpool game in midweek (that game is a tenner a ticket).

Some people just don't grasp the danger of the prediciment City are in, if we were to continue to lose 10m a year for the next 10 seasons, that would be 100m of debt! we may not even reach the Premier league in that time.

Is that right. A loss of £12M when income was only £11M?

Yes, from the PDF:

Turnover 11M - vs - Staff costs 14M, Amortisation and impairment of players contracts 2M, Other operating charges 4M, New stadium expenditure 2M

As has been pointed out increased turnover of gate receipts + sky money etc can allow ticket price reductions. The team I understood less is Wigan, their gates are poor and top price of an ST is £295, mental mental football (ie. SKY TV + their chairman)

Whats the max turnover we could get? Using exaggerated over estimates I reckon 15M. You can see why the stadium might become a priority and getting in the prem, scary though.

SL: "Of equal importance is the backing of our supporters. We need fans coming through the turnstiles, not just from a revenue point of view, but also to ensure the team receives vociferous and passionate support on the pitch, especially in difficult times"

:crying::juggle:

I am speechless, really.

Let me know when you rejoin the human race mijneer...

And your a student you say...

Players wages at our club have always been an issue. City were among the highest payers in Divvy 3 and I suspect are paying well above the wages that could be expected with our revenue stream in the Championship. This is why a wealthy owner helps!!

In order for City to show profits (and I am a shareholder) we would need to be able to sell players at a profit (sounds simple dunnit) but we almost never do and we have little come through by way of homegrown assets, Liam Rosenior being one of a very few that ever yielded anything.

This is one of the main reasons why a new stadium is so important, as it will generate other income from multiple uses that AG simply wont...

I'm a relatively old boy now and I remember the Dolman construction very well and the fuss that was made by the national media as we had an indoor bowling green installed, (ooohhhhh...)(They were simpler times) however a revamp of Ashton gate would be so dibilitating, as revenue will almost certainly decline while building work is ongoing, that the only way we would make it out the other side is if SL was prepared to underpin all activities within the club financially for the next several years which I would not be inclined to do under these circumstances as AG has massive limitations in size and access.

Anyway like many on here my emotional input to this club is massive, but my financial one is miniscule, so pay the extra couple of quid, if you can, and stop the comparisons to other clubs that get millions from Europe TV, transfers and benefactors unless you are prepared to have the same emotional attachment to them

You really do have a HUGE chip don't you Nick....all because you were ignored by the chairman?.

That is just as bad as Robbered's vilification of GJ....

BCAGFC

Unfortunately as demonstrated on another thread you talk rubbish and quote "facts" as facts when, in fact, your so called "facts" are anything but.

The original poster asked how it is possible to lose £12m on an £11m income. He was patronised but all he did was quoted a fact and asked, how can that be. Anyone that isnt slightly concerned by it isnt really capable of sensible thought process.

It is possible for Bristol City to lose such vast sums purely and simply because Steve Lansdown makes it possible and all the time that he does so Bristol City becomes more and more controlled by him, just one man. Anyone that thinks that is healthy is totally cuckoo.

Without Steve's millions we would be, in terms of league position, well exactly where we've always been, where we are now, more or less. There is no huge chip at all. The chairman isnt interested in what life-long supporters think; he's not a bad person, but his vision of what a football club should be - a business - is totally alien to mine.

In that respect he's no different to the rest of the people that have hijacked football for their own egos, but that doesnt make it right.

Only this evening we had the Yank that took over Liverpool - the supposed saviour - suggesting that Premier games should be played abroad. Before that our supposed fan Scudamore suggested the 39th game. Thats the type of people running football, and eventually, because there is no local person capable of putting up the money to repay the debts of the past 10 years, debts that would not have been incurred had we had "normal" people running the club, Bristol City will be in similar ownership. Where is the local pride in that.

Without Lansdown's money we'd be in Div 2.

One has to presume that he OK'd every single one of Coppell's and Millen's signings and therefore knew exactly what to expect from the wage bill. The gate receipts have held up considering so it can't really be that.

I think some of this is to put pressure on the Council. Either that or he's suddenly realised that being a chairman is an expensive hobby.

Your on the natch right?

Villa are barely know in 'europe', name me the last time they qualified for continental competition. They do not sell out every game, i for one cannot see there being 40,000 villans watching the Blackpool game in midweek (that game is a tenner a ticket).

Some people just don't grasp the danger of the prediciment City are in, if we were to continue to lose 10m a year for the next 10 seasons, that would be 100m of debt! we may not even reach the Premier league in that time.

They really do.

• SC&T Board Members

Unfortunately as demonstrated on another thread you talk rubbish and quote "facts" as facts when, in fact, your so called "facts" are anything but.

The original poster asked how it is possible to lose £12m on an £11m income. He was patronised but all he did was quoted a fact and asked, how can that be. Anyone that isnt slightly concerned by it isnt really capable of sensible thought process.

It is possible for Bristol City to lose such vast sums purely and simply because Steve Lansdown makes it possible and all the time that he does so Bristol City becomes more and more controlled by him, just one man. Anyone that thinks that is healthy is totally cuckoo.

Without Steve's millions we would be, in terms of league position, well exactly where we've always been, where we are now, more or less. There is no huge chip at all. The chairman isnt interested in what life-long supporters think; he's not a bad person, but his vision of what a football club should be - a business - is totally alien to mine.

In that respect he's no different to the rest of the people that have hijacked football for their own egos, but that doesnt make it right.

Only this evening we had the Yank that took over Liverpool - the supposed saviour - suggesting that Premier games should be played abroad. Before that our supposed fan Scudamore suggested the 39th game. Thats the type of people running football, and eventually, because there is no local person capable of putting up the money to repay the debts of the past 10 years, debts that would not have been incurred had we had "normal" people running the club, Bristol City will be in similar ownership. Where is the local pride in that.

In one respect I have to agree with you: my heart sank when I heard the new Liverpool chairman advocate a 39th game abroad. I had hoped those guys were in it for the right reasons.

I have to say the minute that anyone in authority at BCFC backs such a stupid idea is the minute that I'm out of here.

Long live FC United of Manchester and it's fantastic to see that they won tonight against Rochdale.

Do the research. That is the true success story of supporter-based football in England in recent years.

PS: this may interest you: FC Utd of Manchester community share scheme

• SC&T Board Members

In one respect I have to agree with you: my heart sank when I heard the new Liverpool chairman advocate a 39th game abroad. I had hoped those guys were in it for the right reasons.

I have to say the minute that anyone in authority at BCFC backs such a stupid idea is the minute that I'm out of here.

Long live FC United of Manchester and it's fantastic to see that they won tonight against Rochdale.

Do the research. That is the true success story of supporter-based football in England in recent years.

PPS: This is no Mickey Mouse football ... look at the crowd ... just over 7,000 (despite live TV)!

Thanks. The openness and transparency of what is intended for Ten Acres Lane compared with the secrecy surrounding the financial arrangements for Ashton Vale is quite illuminating.

Without Steve's millions we would be, in terms of league position, well exactly where we've always been, where we are now, more or less.

And you say I talk utter garbage with no facts!!!, where's you're proof for that statement?.

If we didn't spend the cash we would be struggling away in the lower reaches of Division 2 and don't spout the Blackpool crap, they got VERY lucky.

Yes, we are overspending and that needs to be sorted very quickly but it is a legacy of overpayment (it is very hard to attract decent players to BCFC without paying the extra), some very poor buys/loans & some very poor luck (Velicka, Vokes etc, etc)

The FC United grounds plans are just a little bit smaller than our ambitions aren't they, 3.5m or 92m....hmmmm.

I don't like the way football is going but if we want to be successful we have to follow the trend.....unless we get VERY lucky like Blackpool.

BCAGFC

Archived