IGNORED

Guess Who I Saw In Kfc After The Match

Welcome To The Jungle

Ah, that player who played extremely well, was a nuisence all game and is better than danny haynes? next time ask if he wants to play for us.

Quite. His girth blinds people to the fact that he is a pretty good and surprisingly skilled player with a good first touch who uses the ball well and is no mug on the ground. I'd certainly swap him for Haynes, Clarkson or Akinde (or all three).

It was John Parkin buying a family bucket. Strange though, i din't see him with anyone to share that meal meant for 4+ people

For all the derision people give him, he's got about a 1 in 3 striking ratio, wins everything and probably relishes the abuse as it spurs him on. I'd rather have him than Haynes.

Haynes was poor today... Parkin was good... on that basis I suppose Parkin.

But, does he (as in his physique) really send out the right message to young aspiring footballers?

On the basis that you can be an unusual shape and still make a very good living as a Championship footballer, then Yes.

On the basis that you can be an unusual shape and still make a very good living as a Championship footballer, then Yes.

I take your point but surely kids should be looking up to the likes of Maynard, Haynes, Stead who all have very decent work rates and train to keep themselves in good physical condition.

Or maybe I'm just being pedantic :dunno:

So would I, but would you rather have Parkin or Haynes?

Difficult one to answer, because if you have got Stead, then the answer would be neither, because you want someone quick and sharp around him - which Pitman seemed to be when he came on and while Haynes may be quick, he seemed to lack spacial awareness or any sharpness.

Parkin is an old fashioned lumbering bully of a centre forward, whose job is to batter the defence, create opportunities for others and score when he has the chance. Well he had clear chances against us and didn't take them and didn't really create that many chances for others [edit - just seen the highlights - so, apart from set up their goal....:blush:], so for me while he gave the defence a hard time, he ultimately proved ineffective.

Would I have him in the team if we didn't have Stead - yes, probably.

Would he fit in our current team - not convinced.

It was John Parkin buying a family bucket. Strange though, i din't see him with anyone to share that meal meant for 4+ people

Yawn...

The bloke is a built like brick outhouse and a good footballer to boot.

I also had a wry smile at these blokes in the Wedlocks with massive beer guts and triple chins giving Parkin abuse for being fat! Oh the irony. He was the best forward on the pitch yesterday.

I've always thought he was a good player and with a bit more luck yesterday he could have had a hat trick. Having said that, his tap-in miss was a sitter for any player, let alone a Championship striker. And I'd love to have him in our team, good with his feet no matter how big he is and a great shot on him, not to mention strong and happy to go in hard. And the latter is something I really think we still miss - one thing that did annoy me yesterday was when they were chopping us down and giving away cynical free kicks, we still stood off them and let them run at us. I might just have an old fashioned mentality but I love seeing hard (but fair!) challenges going in to get the team going and make sure the opponents know you're there.

Archived