IGNORED

Another Good Article From James

hinsleburg

Another well written article and I thought he made his points well. His point on the U21's is an excellent one and it is worrying how few make the step up to become regular international's. Although England B isn't neccessarily the answer it is possibly worth consideration, something needs to change in the set-up as more youngsters need to make the step up.

I agree with DJ that many more need to be involved in the England set up for beyond the age of 21 if we are to progess.

Unfortunately, whether you call them England B or just even play more England friendlies with a wider range of players it still adds up to more fixtures for an already over-used bunch of players. If you really want to play more games and improve England we should treat it as a priority - less clubs in the Premier League, winter break, less foreign players and coaches at top clubs, reduction in Champions League fixtures and the potential abolition of, say, the League Cup for clubs that have qualified for Europe. The state of English football is a worry at the moment - over-powerful clubs and their mega-rich owners are destroying the heart and soul of the game. Still, not to worry - I'm sure the FA have a plan.

Is it any wonder that England aren't doing well?

Heres original link to full article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/07/england-under-21s-senior-team

Good to see James getting the squad involved asking questions about interesting things and debating the issue.

My thoughts are great idea but impractical due to club v country arguement. Could you see Keef letting Marv chip off mid week to play Poland B? no didnt think so, so you can guess what prem managers would say.

Archived