IGNORED

Just Back

stroudy

Thought I'd give my views as first back home!

Thought we started very bright, could have scored before we got the goal. We started to drop deeper after 20 mins or so, but still looked dangerous when attacking. Unlucky when we hit the bar also. Swansea had a fair bit of possesion but lacked creativity.

Jamie Mac I thought was lucky to stay on the pitch, made a few silly tackles.

The defence looked outstanding to be honest. Jameo really didn't have too much to do. Fonts was and Caulker is a hell of a pairing.

Jamal looked half decent and Albert tore Tate to shreds.

Stead worked hard as always and I thought Danny looked ok, still a lot more to come from him though.

Swansea pressed second half and started very brightly but we withstood the pressure and even mounted the odd attack in the second half, again looking dangerous.

We also retained the ball well at times.

My MOM was Marv who made Pratley look well off the pace, so much so Pratley was taken off at half time. He continued to play well and break up play in the second half.

This was a fine away win and I feel the lads can be very proud of themselves tonight. Just hope we are ok for Leeds.

Sounded like a brilliant performance and this is a massive 3 points. I must admit I was sceptical before kick-off and would've taken a point so I'm delighted with the win. 5 games unbeaten now and progress has certainly been made. Saturday has all the makings for a great game now and I can't wait! C.O.Y.R!

The performance was superb. Stopped Swansea playing. Trying not to get to carried away with it though because Leeds will be even harder, and the lads will be tired after the effort they put in. Stead, Macca and Rose all doubts already.

Swansea did also look sluggish which we must remeber is mainly due to Sunday.

Very excited though!

The performance was superb. Stopped Swansea playing. Trying not to get to carried away with it though because Leeds will be even harder, and the lads will be tired after the effort they put in. Stead, Macca and Rose all doubts already.

Swansea did also look sluggish which we must remeber is mainly due to Sunday.

Very excited though!

On paper Swansea away is a much harder fixture than Leeds away, but it all depends which Leeds team show up. They have been sensational at times this season and have been equally poor at others, hopefully we will catch them on an off day.

I predicted 1 point from these 2 games, and would have taken 2, so to have 3 already is a big boost. Of course we can't get ahead of ourselves and if we lose a couple we'll be back down to 23rd or possibly even 24th. Things are improving though and we appear to have turned a corner. Long may it continue.

On paper Swansea away is a much harder fixture than Leeds away, but it all depends which Leeds team show up. They have been sensational at times this season and have been equally poor at others, hopefully we will catch them on an off day.

I predicted 1 point from these 2 games, and would have taken 2, so to have 3 already is a big boost. Of course we can't get ahead of ourselves and if we lose a couple we'll be back down to 23rd or possibly even 24th. Things are improving though and we appear to have turned a corner. Long may it continue.

Here Here agree totally with all of that!

Just got back as well....well half hour ago. Agree with all the original post. I though Jamie Mac was lucky and they swapped him defence wise with Font's. He came over to cover the area and left Macca to cover more inside.

I assume Stead went off injured as he went off far to early and they attacked us more after he went off.

I was impressed with Carey and dealt with everything that came his way.

The difference, we closed down so quick and snatch the ball off them much more than usual and they didn't like.

As one Swan fan said after, we did to them what they did to Cardiff and we knew it would work....he was right!

MM

Thought I would add my thoughts.... Just got back after having a drink with a Swansea supporting mate after the game.

Both agreed it was a very astute away performance and have to say that KM got it tactically spot on, so a big well done to him. Swansea are a very good passing side and dominated possession, but City dealt with it perfectly. They didn't allow them the space to play it in behind as much as they usually are able to, eliminated a large amount of their threat.

The energy the boys showed tonight was superb and a very good defensive display. If I had one criticism, it would be that we can't have strung more than 5 passes together at once, which led to having to deal with more pressure, however the way we contained them, I was more than pleased with.

I didn't actually feel nervous about Swansea scoring in the game, which is a strange feeling this season.

The City fans tried to get an atmosphere going, but was surprised at how quiet the Liberty was tonight.

James - 7 Didn't have a great deal to do, but held on to some shots and made a few good blocks and punches from corners and also his role in organising a very good defensive display must be acknowledged.

Macca - 7 Had a lot of stick recently on here and maybe deservedly so, however made a few good challenges and played his part in a solid back 4, although agree with Stroudy perhaps lucky to stay on the pitch!

Fontaine - 9 Thought Liam was superb tonight, made several cracking tackles and blocks and forming a good partnership with Caulker.

Caulker - 9 As above really, looked real quality again, good challenges, covered well and looks calm on the ball. No coincidence our defence has got better with him in it.

Carey - 8 Thought Louis dealt with Sinclair superbly given the difference in pace, used his experience well and when he was caught out his team mates were there to sort it out.

JCR - 7 Again, worked hard and helped Macca out at the back, got on the ball a fair bit and made a few good runs, however lost the ball a fair bit too.

Elliot - 9 Absolutely superb.... Reluctant to give players a 10 although Marvin was back to his best tonight (and needed to be) and maybe could have a 10! He was everywhere and won the ball countless times, made several good passes and took a lot of pressure off the defence. MAN OF THE MATCH!

Johnson - 7 Not the ideal type of game for Lee but thought he got stuck in well and played a few lovely passes. Gave the ball away a couple of times but then so did everyone. Also tidied up a lot of the play.

Adomah - 9 Another cracker from Albert, Tate will be having nightmares tonight! Made the goal and generally terrorised them! Also did a hell of a lot of defensive work.

Stead - 8 Another tireless display from the big man, played pretty deep to play his part in a brilliant defensive display and obviously got the all important goal.

Haynes - 6 Not knocking Danny here, but just wasn't a game that utilised his strengths. Still contributed to a solid team performance, but didn't look as sharp as he can be and not a lot to work with.

SUBS:

Cisse - Thought he did well when he came on, exactly what was needed, carried on breaking up play and saw us safe.

Skuse - Again, did what was required of him and saw out the game.

Pitman - Very much isolated but worked hard to make the most of anything that came his way. Would like to really see what this guy can do.

Millen - 10 Got it spot on tonight against a very good side who are up there for a reason and had only conceded one at home prior to Steads winner. Some will argue we got lucky and Swansea had all the play, I would say we played it perfectly. Well done Keith.

That's 11 points out of a possible 15, things are looking up and now KM has effectively had his own pre-season, it looks like he is turning things around. Let's hope we can keep it going!

Sorry for the long post, feel free to disagree with any of the ratings/comments! whistle.gif

Thanks Stroudy and especially thanks to Cookie... excellent report on the match for us overseas chaps. Very much appreciated. I had a quiet text from my stoke mate who just said : get in... you beat the taffs 1 nothing.,.. that was nice to get a text in the middle of nowhere half way up a mountain in central cuba... my "oh yesssss" met with a few cheers of laughter from the cubanos who know me well enough to know what i was on about!!!

Nice one City. Keep it up... can we sneak a draw on saturday?,, don't see why not.

Archived