IGNORED

Leisester City And Shefield Ud Home Games

Dolman Block B

Arn,

I think 4 points from the next two home games would be a very good return, Leicester will be fired up after some very good results of late and Sheff Utd seem to play better away from home, I do agree with you that two draws or as you said the dreaded two deafets could really put us under some pressure with the December games coming up.

Fingers crossed for the next two games.

I know a few are going to give it "the seasons still young and dont panic" but surely these two games are MUST win home games. A draw and a loss, 2 draws, a win and a loss, or the dreaded two defeats will see us still in deep s hite with some really tough games coming up.

Over to you...................

Very very importants games. Last season we grabbed all points in Leicester after Ivans wondergoal. Think it was a draw at AG. A good chance to take 3 points on saturday. SU beat us twice last season, time to change it. Saw SU today on TV they had no problems with Millwall, but I think we are a better team than Millwall so therefor I hope and believes we take six points.

Do you honestly think that we will lose both games?!? If not, why make this statement?

Perfectly possible. Hoping not. We've been atrocious in the games I've seen us play this season. Very lucky to get a point last week against a weak Preston team.

So yes, perfectly possible against two sides with much to prove themselves.

When you are down at the wrong end of the table the pressure to win a game is always higher but these are not 'must win' games in the scope of our season if our ambition now is just to avoid the drop. I think Millen was wrong to use that term in the first place and he has said as much by doing a volte face on the subject.. he's learning and on a steep curve upward at that... which does not detract from my view that i think he showed naive judgement.

I would not be that worried about us dropping too many points against these two teams if Carey had not got cropped today. The fact we have a potential nightmare scenario of welcoming Hunt back into the first team line up for either of these upcoming games, however, now fills me with a huge dose of pessimism. So here is my prediction with 3 scenarios:-

with carey - 6 pts

with ribeiro - 3 pts

with hunt - 1 pt

I don't normally like being negative about a player but from what i have read on this forum today suggests that we all need to make our voice heard, if anyone is listening, because the possibility of Hunt playing is a distinct possibility.. that, at least, is what we need to assume to ensure we keep the heat on Millen. The very fact that such a position is necessary should tell us something of how we must exert more pressure on a rookie manager than we would ever feel the urge to do with an experienced gaffer. Its all about learning the trade and as long as keith takes it the right way then all well and good. So far he appears to be listening, at times.

You're right. That's 4 games out of 17. I could give you another 4. But as I say - let's hope we perform well.

The next two games is the ultimate test in many respects.

Reason being is that we've now had our mini run of form broken and so the true character of the players will show.

It's how you respond after a defeat that many teams get wrong - we need to come out next Saturday all guns blazing and stamp our authority on the game.

The big problem might be that horrible word that keeps cropping up - pressure. The lads will know the 'what if' potentials and I hope that don't get caught like a rabbit in the headlights thinking of the absolute worse by not winning at home again.

I'm confident we'll get all 6 points - let's hope that we've got what it takes against Leicester (3rd on current form) & Sheffield Utd (20th on current form)

That said - we're 11th in the form table, and it was only 4 days ago we beat the number 1 in-form championship team at their own ground.

Looking at our fixture list some time ago is was clear these two games would be huge.

Over a month ago I suggested, before it became truly apparent how bad our pre-Reading run of form was, that these two games would likely be make or break for Millen's City career.

Given our impressive form prior to yesterday I think he could, in theory, survive two 'respectable' defeats. Four points would be a good return.

i think most supporters will be happy ( well stisfied)with 3 points out of the next 2 games , 4 will be great but 6 everyone will be shouting about promotion again, its a long old season and if we can keep picking up points as we have recently we will be ok and i will be more than happy with that after the start to the season we had.

Leicester have been pretty good under Sven and that won't be an easy game, I'd agree that at the moment the Sheffield United game looks massive and one we really should win. 4 points would be fine if we got 3 from the Sheffield game. I personally think Leicester will be fine now and will comfortably sit mid-table come May.

With our home record so far we surely can't be satisfied with less than 3 points from either of these games.

Home record so far: P8 W1 D3 L4 GF7 GA15

I'm interested to know how long people think we can carry on not getting 3 points from home games before relegation becomes a probability rather than a nagging concern?

6 points from these two is an absolute must for me.

If we can't win a few home games, and quickly, we're going to have to bank on winning away games, a task that will become more and more difficult the longer the poor home form continues.

i think most supporters will be happy ( well stisfied)with 3 points out of the next 2 games , 4 will be great but 6 everyone will be shouting about promotion again, its a long old season and if we can keep picking up points as we have recently we will be ok and i will be more than happy with that after the start to the season we had.

no way. I would be satisfied with 4 points, but 3 points means another home defeat.....and to one of these two teams, we just cant let happen, as it would mean one of them pulling away from us.

We HAVE to start turing in some home wins now, these teams arnt exactly riddled with confidence, so these are the games Millen has to be looking to win.

Archived