IGNORED

Pittman

Esmond Million's Bung

Why whats wrong with him? Yes hes raw but i thought he did ok today and was unlucky not to score. Do you think he should be the same standard as Maynard??

My god how did you invent that scenario from my posting?, I haven't said anything is wrong, i'm just interested to know peoples opinions on why we signed him, chillax

i'm interested to know peoples opinions as to the reasoning for us signing of Pittman?

Potential to be a very good player. Glad we snapped him up before oher teams came in. One for the future, as much as now. Clarkson and Akinde were not good enough, Maynard and Vokes were injured, so that left us with Stead and Haynes (who many don't think is a striker, but a winger). He will take time to adapt to this level, as did Maynard. What's your opinion out of interest?

Potential to be a very good player. Glad we snapped him up before oher teams came in. One for the future, as much as now. Clarkson and Akinde were not good enough, Maynard and Vokes were injured, so that left us with Stead and Haynes (who many don't think is a striker, but a winger). He will take time to adapt to this level, as did Maynard. What's your opinion out of interest?

My opinion is I think it was an excellent signing for pretty much the same reasons as yourself, he is different to Maynard, although like Maynard he can score spectacular goals, he does his best work in the box, unfortunately we have to improve our delivery from wide positions and especially from midfield, as a side we do not create enough chances for any of our strikers.

i'm really worried about not only the fact we create so little and as an obvious knock on we score so few.

Stead has been an amazing signing but will he score enough to keep us up?. Haynes has kept up his career stats so far 1 in 8 and I cannot see that improving, he is young pacy and CAN be handful but along with others I don't think he is a striker. Clarkson has already failed and Maynard won't be back probably for several months yet and he maybe under immense pressure to deliver, it is quite often the case that strikers especially those who have out of the game injured for a long period can lose a yard of pace and Maynard is'nt the paciest, I think already people are holding out too much reliance on his return.

Elliott and Albert have done there bit, but no other midfielder has weighed in with a single goal.

Pittman needs a run in the side and now, I just can't see where the goals will come from and we really need to start creating more and again I can't see how that will improve at the moment, our midfield is simply not good enough and our options for creativity if LJ dosen't play is woeful and to be honest although an improvement he is not the long term answer anyway, Skuse or Cisse are hardly options in that department.

My opinion is I think it was an excellent signing for pretty much the same reasons as yourself, he is different to Maynard, although like Maynard he can score spectacular goals, he does his best work in the box, unfortunately we have to improve our delivery from wide positions and especially from midfield, as a side we do not create enough chances for any of our strikers.

Spot on. A few assists from Adomah now, but still lacking killer balls from a creative central midfielder. LJ is doing a good job, but probably not the long-term answer (personally, I prefer him in a 5 man midfield with Elliot sitting deeper and an out and out playmaker in front.). Someone like Koren would have been good, but missed the boat on that one. I seem to view BP as a goal poacher, but with the potential to also hit a few stunners like Nicky does. Should NM leave (:fingerscrossed: he won't), he would be a good replacement. I think a front two of Stead and Maynard (with Pitman/ Vokes as back up) is pretty decent in this division to say the least. Actually. I'm drooling at the prospect of JS and NM up front! :D

I think hes definitely a player for the future. Big step up from league 1 as Maynard learnt. He will come good imo

The thing is he only played around 3 or 4 games in league 1. So really he's making a step up from league 2 to championship which for most players is s hard step.

I'm sure as soon as he gets one they'll all come thick and fast.

I suppose it begs the question in present plight on and off the field could the money have been invested in a wiser fashion, say perhaps midfield?

maybe. but when maynard goes for millions, I fully expect us to sign another 8 strikers

Clarkson has already failed

A little bit harsh in my opinion, I still think Clarkson is being overlooked by Millen. He can certainly finish which is something Danny Haynes definitely cannot. If you compare the two of them Clarkson has largely been used from the bench but in terms of starts and goals hes got 6 in 15. Haynes on the other hand has made roughly 40 starts and scored a grand total of 8 during his career with us. I would like to see Clarkson upfront with Stead and whilst this might not be the quickest front line it would be one with inginuity and guile. It really ****s me off how he has been mugged off in his time here under Johnson and now Millen when hes not really done much wrong when in the side and he creates chances for others.

A little bit harsh in my opinion, I still think Clarkson is being overlooked by Millen. He can certainly finish which is something Danny Haynes definitely cannot. If you compare the two of them Clarkson has largely been used from the bench but in terms of starts and goals hes got 6 in 15. Haynes on the other hand has made roughly 40 starts and scored a grand total of 8 during his career with us. I would like to see Clarkson upfront with Stead and whilst this might not be the quickest front line it would be one with inginuity and guile. It really ****s me off how he has been mugged off in his time here under Johnson and now Millen when hes not really done much wrong when in the side and he creates chances for others.

Agree with these comments. One of the coolest finishers we have and creates for others. Just seemed to be getting a run in the side when the new signings arrived and was relegated to the bench. For me our four squad strikers should be Stead, Maynard, Pittman, and Clarkson. We have plenty of pace down the flanks.

I'll be honest I think the money could've been spent a lot wiser and he seems the type of player that is not very good in a struggling team. Many seem to have been impressed with his appearances off the bench recently but I'm in what would appear to be the minority. He did nothing when introduced Saturday and although we weren't exactly creating chances he wasn't even making the sort of runs you'd expect from him which was worrying. I'd imagine he's the type of player that 'comes alive in the box' and is a clinical finisher, but with all due respect that is hardly a luxury we can afford at the moment. With the excellent Stead in the team Danny Haynes adds much more to the team and is certainly more threatening in my opinion.

It's obviously early days and he hasn't had much of a chance to impress, but it seems a strange buy at the moment and when you consider he was bought at the same time as Stead, for 4x the price, he really has done little.

I'll be honest I think the money could've been spent a lot wiser and he seems the type of player that is not very good in a struggling team. Many seem to have been impressed with his appearances off the bench recently but I'm in what would appear to be the minority. He did nothing when introduced Saturday and although we weren't exactly creating chances he wasn't even making the sort of runs you'd expect from him which was worrying. I'd imagine he's the type of player that 'comes alive in the box' and is a clinical finisher, but with all due respect that is hardly a luxury we can afford at the moment. With the excellent Stead in the team Danny Haynes adds much more to the team and is certainly more threatening in my opinion.

It's obviously early days and he hasn't had much of a chance to impress, but it seems a strange buy at the moment and when you consider he was bought at the same time as Stead, for 4x the price, he really has done little.

i'm interested to know where enough goals to keep us in this division will come from with your front 2 pairing, I have no problem with Stead he is excellent, but Haynes 1 goal in 8 games is pathetic, he does not look as though he will score even when in a goal scoring position and unlike Haynes, Pittman has not been given a chance.

i'm interested to know where enough goals to keep us in this division will come from with your front 2 pairing, I have no problem with Stead he is excellent, but Haynes 1 goal in 8 games is pathetic, he does not look as though he will score even when in a goal scoring position and unlike Haynes, Pittman has not been given a chance.

Well for a start when Maynard's fit in December he'll clearly play alongside Stead, which you'd imagine (or at least hope) would be a partnership that produces it's fair share of goals. Until then I'd rather have Haynes. Pitman started 3 possibly 4 games in a rown when he first arrived here and did very little. Yes, he has had a few snapshots which make me think he'll be good in the box but I cannot see us creating the kind of chances which warrant him being on the pitch over Haynes. Haynes is an outlet that does not receive the credit it should, his pace means defenders cannot ignore him and he does provide space for Stead, as he did for Maynard last season. I think we look more dangerous with him on the pitch at the moment, even if he doesn't look 100% fit.

Think Pittman is deceptive. Looks awkward and unathletic but has a goal-scorers instinctive reflexes in front of goal.

Could have had 2 yesterday but Leeds threw bodies in the way.

Think that when he gets his first one for us he will click

I'd like to see Pitman start the next two games - with Adomah/Haynes and Rose/JCR we have plenty of pace up front without Danny Haynes being central.

If Maynard regains fitness, and then form, he will very likely be off in the close season and this surely was at least partly the thinking behind Pitman's signing.

Pitman is a goalscorer and a low scoring team like City can ill afford to leave out such a precious commodity when Danny Haynes squanders the sort of chances we have witnessed of late.

Pitman gets in good positions to score, looks quick to get on the end of a chance, and has been unfortunate not to get off the mark so far.

Like Ribeiro I believe he's a player who needs to be played and persevered with and Danny Haynes' goalscoring record and overall contribution is insufficient to block his progress to the first team any longer.

Archived