IGNORED

A Message To All Midland Based City Supporters.

Lack of Action Man

Hello all,

If you're reading this thread then you, like me, are a city fan currently in the midlands. I'm writing this message as a sort of personal plea.

I'm currently involved with Halesowen Town F.C. and would like to ask that any city fans who can't make the games on Saturdays come and watch a club in a bit of a state.

The new owners of this once proud club are practically destroying it with their dictatorial leadership and unwillingness to co-operate with anyone who offers a different

viewpoint to their own. This has come to the point where the (formerly) official supporters trust of HTFC has been "ousted" and "no longer recognised" by the new

owners. Combined with this there has been mass disatisfaction with the first team state of affairs - the appointment of the largely absent PHIL NARDIELLO saw many

first team regulars leave - players who got HTFC to the Worcestershire cup final last season and an admirable league finish despite a 10point deduction and replaced with

sub-standard former English Schools players and in some cases not replaced at all - this Saturday saw only 12 players available for the first team. As well as this a youth

team was formed this year to provide HTFC with a crop of players that would develop into the future first team for generations to come, however this project is now in

jeaporady as the owners have told the manager of the youth team he is no longer welcome at the club and this could lead to the youth team folding half way through it's

innaugral season.

You might be thinking, this is all very well but why should I take an interest in another clubs affairs that has no link to Bristol City?

Well, the latter point is not strictly true - for one thing the now manager of the first team is former city striker Tony Thorpe, who has only the best things to say about us and the

city of bristol. He also has HTFC at heart and wants to restore some pride and passion to the club. As well as this one of the youth team goalkeepers is a former bristol city

trainee and bristol city fanatic.

This is a club that like so many out there is being run by people who do not have the best interests of our beautiful game at heart. Not all clubs are lucky enough to have a

Steve Lansdown. So if you have a free saturday please come along and support Tony and the lads, or if you have a wednesday night off then please come and support the

halesowen youth team. Admission is £5 for the firsts and £2 for the youth. Hot Food and drinks are available as is seating (in the harry rudge stand) or open/covered standing

in one of the Grove's 3 terraced sides.

Many thanks

OBJ

Note:

Here are links to the fans forum and official website

http://www.yeltz.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0 (fans forum)

http://www.halesowentownfc.com/ (official website)

Archived