IGNORED

Clarks Pies

the frampton balti

I havent read all the comments, as there was too many about pies! Is this topic about the pies that you can get at half time etc. that cost £2.80? If so..I dont think this has been mentioned but i have some 'gossip' if you like, about the BCFC catering.....

To start with, the reason i know this is because 4 members of the band i am in have worked for the catering team at some point. One of them is a team leader, one works on the hotdogs, and the other two no longer work there.

- The pies this year are different because they were cheaper to buy and serve. Although they are half the quality of last seasons.

- If the food gets dropped and is dirty, they pick it up, breifly clean it, and serve it. The preparation is disgraceful!

- The man in charge is a terrible manager apparently, and he doesnt pay new employees, or he didnt until legal action was threatened. He didnt pay them for 3 weeks, and then one of the members in the band quit, as he had a better job offer from co-op. The man refused to pay him for weeks, and he was only paid because he reported the man/catering team to BCFC.

This is why the catering team were mentioned in the meeting, as apparently he is to be sacked.

Just thought i would share with you what i know.

You better have some bone fide information otherwise that's some pretty big accusations you've laid down.

Especially on the back of a FCF meeting last night where the catering manager from Linley was main guest and went into detail on a number of subjects which would completely go against pretty much most of your statements. I hope the notes from the meeting are published soon...

Clarks Pies are wonderful but must be bought from the shop in Redfield, they are totally different to the Bedminster ones.

They must also be eaten straight away, if you warm them back up they don't taste anywhere near as good.

Trust me, I have been eating them for nearly 40 years.

Its as all three shops, north street, redland, baadiff all have different recipes.

After my family moved from Bristol to B'rum, I had a new perspective on dietry delights.

After an under 18's game for Kings Norton Grammar at 15, I consumed 16 pie & peas pies. I asked for another and they had sold out !

Living in Birmingham can drive you to extreme behaviour........pie wise !

....and that is why Cardiff is miles behind most City's of its size when it comes to gastronomy!!!!

CBL, Pieminister is not pretentious at all, simple well sourced produce served in a traditional Pie and Mash Shop environment, whats pretentious about that? The guys at pieminister have invented quirky little names for their pies based on the ingredients, no wonder they arent opening a commercial unit in Cardiff really if everyone has that attitude, no wonder really that succesful independant, restaurants and pubs are so scarce in Cardiff.

Id love to have a pieminister at Ashton Gate, or eventually ashton Vale, 1 Matador a portion of mash and a side of groovy please.

Ha, not sure my views are reflective of the city!

You are right to be fair, they are decent enough, but come on...they are a bit pretentious. Like someone selling chips for £4 with a sprig of parsley on it.

They are nice, but not that nice.

I am yet to find a decent sausage roll or pie anywhere. They always seem to load them full of salt and pepper to drown out any taste their might be inside. Disgusting. Lets get the caterer from Forest Green down here, proper job!

There was a clarks pie shop in kingswood for years, i always bought my dinner in there. Oh and the sausage rolls were superb. I can feel a Homer Simpson drool coming on. Ggggggllllll.

anybody fond of them ?

steak and kidney or steak and ale?

Can the ashton gate catering core do better and give us some real west country/ bristolian specialities?

Is there a Bristolian dish?

Brains west country faggots anyone?

And other questions...............

I would say BAINS faggots in littlestoke mate, there classic !!

anybody fond of them ?

steak and kidney or steak and ale?

Can the ashton gate catering core do better and give us some real west country/ bristolian specialities?

Is there a Bristolian dish?

Brains west country faggots anyone?

And other questions...............

How about the new stadium ?

THE CLARKS PIE GATE !!!

Steak and kidney end !!:tumbleweed:

Clarks Pies are wonderful but must be bought from the shop in Redfield, they are totally different to the Bedminster ones.

They must also be eaten straight away, if you warm them back up they don't taste anywhere near as good.

Trust me, I have been eating them for nearly 40 years.

I am with you on that one brother

the Redfield Clarks pies are head and shoulders above the north st/ kingswood/chipshop ones

Archived