IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Wilse

I'm just back from Egypt (celebrating my birthday, thanks for asking!) and was surprised to see Skuse's inclusion in the starting line up on Saturday. Both because he's had a poor season and also because Johnson & Elliott have been playing well.

From the highlights it didn't appear to be a convincing victory (our only two attacks seemed to be the goals). Just wondered how well Skuse played and if his inclusion had a negative impact on the balance of the team.

I'm just back from Egypt (celebrating my birthday, thanks for asking!) and was surprised to see Skuse's inclusion in the starting line up on Saturday. Both because he's had a poor season and also because Johnson & Elliott have been playing well.

From the highlights it didn't appear to be a convincing victory (our only two attacks seemed to be the goals). Just wondered how well Skuse played and if his inclusion had a negative impact on the balance of the team.

There was a big thread on Skuse over the weekend where some people were slaughtering him.

The fact is no one played well in the first half and thats why Leicester were all over us.

However Skuse was excellent in the 2nd half and in my opinion M.O.M.

In reply to your question, dynamo or dud, the answer is probably neither.

He's a proven championship player who runs around a lot, gets stuck in etc but has probably not got the quality required to play in the Premier League.

The fact is that he is one of the few Bristolians in recent years to cement a regular place in a City team playing in the 2nd tier, so I think we should applaud him for that not ridicule him which Danny P did in the other thread.

I was surprised he came straight back into the team on saturday, possibly disrupting the recently successful LJ/Marv partnership, but I can only assume that those two, in Millen's eyes, didn't perform against Leeds.

The team was basically changed to bring in the overrated skuse and was a bad mistake he should be put back onto the bench next game

Let lj and ME play in the middle again the pairing that served us so well in our mini run, however I guarantee Millen will play ellliott and skuse and drop Johnson which would be unfair

Your constant bashing of Skuse is laughable. The team was changed to match Leicester's 4-3-3/ 4-5-1, but you wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to bash Skuse would you.

In reply to your question, dynamo or dud, the answer is probably neither.

He's a proven championship player who runs around a lot, gets stuck in etc but has probably not got the quality required to play in the Premier League.

The fact is that he is one of the few Bristolians in recent years to cement a regular place in a City team playing in the 2nd tier, so I think we should applaud him for that not ridicule him which Danny P did in the other thread.

I was surprised he came straight back into the team on saturday, possibly disrupting the recently successful LJ/Marv partnership, but I can only assume that those two, in Millen's eyes, didn't perform against Leeds.

Agree Economou

Skuse is a "journeyman" player. Not outstanding and also (rarely) particularly bad. Yes, he does get stuck in but he lacks good playmaking skills, which is what you want from a good midfielder.

I am talking about the ability to look up just before you receive the ball from a pass and understand where it should go next. Hartley had that vision - big time.

Nice bloke and great that he is a local lad who made it into the first team, but Prem player (assuming we ever make that level) - not a chance.

jack of all trades master of none,

That about sums up Skuse he was rubbish first half against leicester but not as bad as elliot,

only reason johnson was taken off was because he was more light weight,

Back to 4-4-2 with Elliot and Johnson in the middle for me on saturday

jack of all trades master of none,

That about sums up Skuse he was rubbish first half against leicester but not as bad as elliot,

only reason johnson was taken off was because he was more light weight,

Back to 4-4-2 with Elliot and Johnson in the middle for me on saturday

so despite Elliott playing worse than Skuse, you'd still drop Skuse and play Marv? :dunno:

Let lj and ME play in the middle again the pairing that served us so well in our mini run,

How would you explain Millens 8 game unbeaten run at the end of last season which did not include Johnson, or a dismal 6 game losing run around this time last year which did include Johnson, out of interest?

As I have pointed out on the other Skuse bashing thread, on Saturday Skuse made more tackles and winning headers than any other player on the pitch, and had less misplaced passes than any of our other midfield.

Danny Wilson rated Skuse highly enough to give him a debut at 18 and a run in the side. Tinnion rated Skuse highly enough to make Skuse a regular starter while he was still young. So did Johnson ****il he bought Johnson). Coppell rated Skuse highly enough to make him captain. So does Millen.

So that's all 5 of the last 5 managers got it wrong then?

The team was basically changed to bring in the overrated skuse and was a bad mistake he should be put back onto the bench next game

I may be wrong, but was he not voted player of the year last season? How did that happen if he is so overrated? Or has he simply become a bad player over the summer?

Archived