IGNORED

Wolfsburg

Alex

funny wasnt it all the fuss when we were trying to get tristan to sign. So much potential ,now hes playing sunday league.

whatever happened to aaron b................................................................

Brown is at Darlington i think, as for Plummber is happens its surprising how many young players who represent England at Schoolboy/youth level do not make it, youth to pro is a big step up some can do it some cant.

either way, if he was released by Bristol City, I cant see anyway he would get a deal at wolfsburg, they won the bundesliga 2 years ago and were in the champions league last year, and have that Edin Dzeko up front who has one of the best goalscoring records in europe. (Cue people who read the sun saying the premier league is the best league in the world and all the other leagues are mickey mouse, which is obviously correct when you add up all the dozens of world class players we have got over here) I think Steve McClaren is there now? I thought Plummer was turned down by some 3rd division french team from Paris before he was released by us as well?

either way, if he was released by Bristol City, I cant see anyway he would get a deal at wolfsburg, they won the bundesliga 2 years ago and were in the champions league last year, and have that Edin Dzeko up front who has one of the best goalscoring records in europe. (Cue people who read the sun saying the premier league is the best league in the world and all the other leagues are mickey mouse, which is obviously correct when you add up all the dozens of world class players we have got over here) I think Steve McClaren is there now? I thought Plummer was turned down by some 3rd division french team from Paris before he was released by us as well?

The lad obviously had raw talent, some coaches see things in a player that others don't and some coaches have more confidence in their ability to coax the best out of young players. Good luck to Tristan and good luck to Wolfsburg i say

Amazing to think the lad is playing Sunday League. Went to school with him, he was 2 or 3 years below me, but was easily the most gifted and talented footballer the school had for years, since Danny Coles. He would make older lads like myself look like absolute mugs, he wasn't just all about the tricks either, he had great technique and could finish. Hopefully he will find another pro club in future.

Amazing to think the lad is playing Sunday League. Went to school with him, he was 2 or 3 years below me, but was easily the most gifted and talented footballer the school had for years, since Danny Coles. He would make older lads like myself look like absolute mugs, he wasn't just all about the tricks either, he had great technique and could finish. Hopefully he will find another pro club in future.

What you find sometimes is young players get disalusioned with the game when released, alot of Plumbers never play football at any standard again trust me, he's playing with his friends having fun, give it 6-12months maybe he will be playing for a Yate/Mangotsfield etc earning afew quid once he gets the hunger back. If not fair shout he's playing football still thats the main thing, good luck too him.

Yeah, I was in a very similar situation myself, where I thought I was better than I obviously was and fell out of love with the game. Has taken me 2 and a half years to start playing again. It just seems such a waste of talent though, when you knew the person and played with them and knew they were something special. Disappointed for him but as you say hopefully he will bounce back, I certainly wouldn't want to have to play against him in Sunday League I know that much!

Yeah, I was in a very similar situation myself, where I thought I was better than I obviously was and fell out of love with the game. Has taken me 2 and a half years to start playing again. It just seems such a waste of talent though, when you knew the person and played with them and knew they were something special. Disappointed for him but as you say hopefully he will bounce back, I certainly wouldn't want to have to play against him in Sunday League I know that much!

Yeh your right too many shandys on a Sat night marking him not good. Similar to me mate i got bombed at Schoolboy level so not so bad, but it takes you a while.

Archived