IGNORED

East End 'racist Chants'

I for one am of the opinion that NOTHING racist was chanted on Saturday.

That said, i am proud to be part of club where we have an, at times, interesting debate on our behaviour. I like to think that we try to respect each others opinions and do not jump to conclusions about individuals, based on their statements. Just as i personally think that some take their left wing opinion on what is racist to far, i am also aware that others stress a point to far to the right. But at least as a club we have enough of a combined IQ to discuss it and listen to others.

I think A J Sylvester stretched his point a little to far, bit it did not stop me from enjoying an intelligent post, just as i enjoyed Nick J and others counter arguments. There will always be some that try to take it to a base level, but i'm afraid thats the nature of an open forum.

If i am completely honest, we went to West Brom about 11/12 years ago on a Sunday morning and i definately heard racist chanting. On Saturday i was a little bit worried that the same kind of thing might happen and to be honest i was pleased that nothing of the sort happen.

If the most racist thing you heard off the East End on Saturday was a tongue in cheek chant of 'Can we have a poppadom', then thank god football and it's fans have taken great leaps forward and lets hope we continue to make strides like this.

P.S Dave L needs to think before he posts on his blog. A very poorly thought through article.

I for one am of the opinion that NOTHING racist was chanted on Saturday.

That said, i am proud to be part of club where we have an, at times, interesting debate on our behaviour. I like to think that we try to respect each others opinions and do not jump to conclusions about individuals, based on their statements. Just as i personally think that some take their left wing opinion on what is racist to far, i am also aware that others stress a point to far to the right. But at least as a club we have enough of a combined IQ to discuss it and listen to others.

I think A J Sylvester stretched his point a little to far, bit it did not stop me from enjoying an intelligent post, just as i enjoyed Nick J and others counter arguments. There will always be some that try to take it to a base level, but i'm afraid thats the nature of an open forum.

If i am completely honest, we went to West Brom about 11/12 years ago on a Sunday morning and i definately heard racist chanting. On Saturday i was a little bit worried that the same kind of thing might happen and to be honest i was pleased that nothing of the sort happen.

If the most racist thing you heard off the East End on Saturday was a tongue in cheek chant of 'Can we have a poppadom', then thank god football and it's fans have taken great leaps forward and lets hope we continue to make strides like this.

P.S Dave L needs to think before he posts on his blog. A very poorly thought through article.

Good post, well put.

I certainly agree that Dave L made a complete balls up with his comments. As noted in amongst the long main thread, if he really thought there was unacceptable racist abuse, yet did nothing about getting in dealt with at the time, then he really should not be givien the position of being able to spout his opinions on the clubs official website.

As for the fact that it does not seem he did anything positive to stem what he saw to be a serious issue and just sat there before publicly labeling sections of our fans as Racists, well!!

Did Sam Mason not get sacked for alot less!?!

He has gone down a long way in my estimations after this whole pathetic episode!

P.S. How many times can you **** up the half time entertainment in one season before someone realises that maybe you are not up to the job?!

Archived