IGNORED

Top Of The Table

Big Stan Hibbert

It seems strange that we can be top of the form table and still be only 3 points above the relegation zone. I suppose it shows just how wretched our start was and that we will need to keep this form up for a while yet before we can feel secure.:fingerscrossed:

Surely the point is that we are only 6 points off of the play offs??? - funny old game this, let's all be a lot more positive and forward thinking!!!! And BTW the way banter is an integral part of the game at all levels, believe me I know. Onwards and Upwards!

Surely the point is that we are only 6 points off of the play offs??? - funny old game this, let's all be a lot more positive and forward thinking!!!! And BTW the way banter is an integral part of the game at all levels, believe me I know. Onwards and Upwards!

No, the point (or at least my point) is that this league is so tight that even a great run of results hasn't got us well clear of trouble as you might expect. So win the next and we are heading for the play offs, lose it and we could be in the relegation zone again. Almost half way through the season and there are only 9 points between 6th and the bottom 3. Merely statements of fact which you choose to take as being negative.

Mind you even the Prem has levelled down (so far) with 8 points between 6th and the bottom 3, though the gap in the quality of the teams is much bigger than it is in the Championship imo..

Don't quite follow your point about banter since I didn't mention it.

It seems strange that we can be top of the form table and still be only 3 points above the relegation zone. I suppose it shows just how wretched our start was and that we will need to keep this form up for a while yet before we can feel secure.:fingerscrossed:

It's definitely a tight league. I suppose the immediate difference is that there are a couple of teams between us and the relegation places, so that's more teams which need a result before we would be dragged into the relegation zone again. Anyway, with form like that we are heading in the right direction and I see no reason why we can't go on to consolidate our position in this division. Talk of play offs is refreshing but a little bit premature at the moment I think.

It's definitely a tight league. I suppose the immediate difference is that there are a couple of teams between us and the relegation places, so that's more teams which need a result before we would be dragged into the relegation zone again. Anyway, with form like that we are heading in the right direction and I see no reason why we can't go on to consolidate our position in this division. Talk of play offs is refreshing but a little bit premature at the moment I think.

Probably but maybe we can do what Reading did last season in similar circumstances?

Archived