IGNORED

Chess Challenge

Markman

Well - things have looked a little better on the pitch lately but a bit more serious on the main forum - so I thought try a diversion with a slow long thread (maybe)

Me (Markman) v You (all of you) OTIB Forum (or even one of you - I know Chess is not the most popular game)

I am rubbish at Chess so you should win - simple rules:-

normal sort of Chess Board (white Queen on D1 - Black Queen on D8)

I start as White = but I am away a bit so moves may take a day or two now and then!!

Any of you can move the black pieces

Only moves by me as White count

Pawn to D4

Well - things have looked a little better on the pitch lately but a bit more serious on the main forum - so I thought try a diversion with a slow long thread (maybe)

Me (Markman) v You (all of you) OTIB Forum (or even one of you - I know Chess is not the most popular game)

I am rubbish at Chess so you should win - simple rules:-

normal sort of Chess Board (white Queen on D1 - Black Queen on D8)

I start as White = but I am away a bit so moves may take a day or two now and then!!

Any of you can move the black pieces

Only moves by me as White count

Pawn to D4

Err ... pawn to D5. :flex:

Looks like we win :)

Those Queen Pawn openings can stump the best of them!

Tis a rare and fine thing when a reply on the forum makes you laugh!!

Sorry I thought this thread had died like a dodo - but after a lot of thought I have decided not to resign following your superb opening - and respond with

My Queen (e1) to c3 -

This could be slow old game - I am basing my strategy on Audley Harrison (trouble is the gloves keep knocking the pawns over - cue reply!)

Oh - I meant to say - given that we will not want this roller coaster of fun to end - when I lose (soon no doubt) whoever made the last move forcing check mate or making me resign - is deemed the winner

and it is winner stays on - so they can start the next game v the OTIB Forum - (hope the Mods will cope with the massive surge in posting now that little bonus has been added)

Oh - I meant to say - given that we will not want this roller coaster of fun to end - when I lose (soon no doubt) whoever made the last move forcing check mate or making me resign - is deemed the winner

and it is winner stays on - so they can start the next game v the OTIB Forum - (hope the Mods will cope with the massive surge in posting now that little bonus has been added)

Queens are placed on "d" squares... not "e" squares...

Queens are placed on "d" squares... not "e" squares...

You see - I spend ages looking at other threads and seing loads of typos - but I have to admit this is a bit extreme and would kind of ruin the game (I have a bad cold - no excuse)

To Recap

Markman Pawn to D4 - this was followed by a stunninf reply on behalf the forum by In-Cider of

Pawn to D5 - which had me thinking for days and then - typo corrected sorry - I respond with

Markman Queen to D3 (with thanks to OddBallJim)

Game on (at last)

You see - I spend ages looking at other threads and seing loads of typos - but I have to admit this is a bit extreme and would kind of ruin the game (I have a bad cold - no excuse)

To Recap

Markman Pawn to D4 - this was followed by a stunninf reply on behalf the forum by In-Cider of

Pawn to D5 - which had me thinking for days and then - typo corrected sorry - I respond with

Markman Queen to D3 (with thanks to OddBallJim)

Game on (at last)

Is this pretty much where we are at? Doesn't seem to be giving me the option to attach file at the moment.

http://www.apronus.com/chess/chessboard.htm?d=PRNB_KBNRPPP_PPPP___Q_______P_______p____________ppp_pppprnbqkbnr0w&w=8&h=8

Is this pretty much where we are at? Doesn't seem to be giving me the option to attach file at the moment.

http://www.apronus.com/chess/chessboard.htm?d=PRNB_KBNRPPP_PPPP___Q_______P_______p____________ppp_pppprnbqkbnr0w&w=8&h=8

I made this post yesterday - not sure where it went!! This was really clever of you InCider - no idea how you did it - but this is exactly where this titanic battle is at!!

I did try and paste the chess board image but it was banned - (Mods - why ban a chess board)?

I made this post yesterday - not sure where it went!! This was really clever of you InCider - no idea how you did it - but this is exactly where this titanic battle is at!!

I did try and paste the chess board image but it was banned - (Mods - why ban a chess board)?

Just used this site ...

http://www.apronus.com/chess/wbeditor.php

It still doesn't give an attach file option at the bottom, so unable to paste as picture!

Nobody has taken the next move yet. It's going to be a long ol' game. :sleeping:

Knight to F6

By the way, while I am extremely rusty, I was the school chess champion...:closedeyes:

Hang on - I dont want anyone any good on here! Nice move by DC Red - I won't take as long to respond this time I promise - I am sure at some point Incider will provide the visual bonus!

Archived