IGNORED

THANKS FOR STADIUM SUPPORT

bcfc.co.uk

We're already talking to local residents about what they would like to see: a GP's surgery, children's playground and a Post Office have all been mentioned. Clearly we're not in a position to make any promises about the provision of medical facilities for example, but we're happy to talk to the Health Authority, and if there is a genuine demand for that facility locally, then it may well be that we can make space available in the new stadium.

This is an interesting point and one that I don't understand wasn't seriously considered at the starting point.

The club mentions having non matchday income and what better way to have something that is open 7 days a week such as a Doctors, Supermarket, Cinema? Something that always generates income, A number of clubs in Europe include many facilities for local businesses which helps to finance the stadium's running costs.

Few years back in Portual for the European Championships there was alot of very good stadiums, Sporting Lisbon being one of the best, In addition to the Stadium & Club shop, they had a supermarket, newsagents, food court, cinema and various other smaller local shops. When tolding to Stadium Security in my broken portuguese and his broken english, it's proven very popular since the stadium was built and the is a regular flow of the public to the stadium regardless of what day it is.

Surely something like that would have been a great idea and would have given added incentivites to the local community.

It frustrates as it was something I personally mentioned to Colin at a meeting a few years ago and was looked at as a good idea and yet nothing comes forward from it. What better way to help improve stadium/club profits but to have a number of businesses running within the stadium that will pay rent and increase the overall income.

No problem.

I thought the objectors looked silly with their comments!

Like there are otters there in the shallow stream.

Otters are very shy animals and will not go anywhere near humans! So if they are there? That tells me no humans (Certainly not as many as they say!) go there!

And to say we are 17th in Div 2, and Bristol is second, for the most green space! Tells me we have far to much green space!

Thats just a couple of comments

We're already talking to local residents about what they would like to see: a GP's surgery, children's playground and a Post Office have all been mentioned. Clearly we're not in a position to make any promises about the provision of medical facilities for example, but we're happy to talk to the Health Authority, and if there is a genuine demand for that facility locally, then it may well be that we can make space available in the new stadium.

This is an interesting point and one that I don't understand wasn't seriously considered at the starting point.

The club mentions having non matchday income and what better way to have something that is open 7 days a week such as a Doctors, Supermarket, Cinema? Something that always generates income, A number of clubs in Europe include many facilities for local businesses which helps to finance the stadium's running costs.

Few years back in Portual for the European Championships there was alot of very good stadiums, Sporting Lisbon being one of the best, In addition to the Stadium & Club shop, they had a supermarket, newsagents, food court, cinema and various other smaller local shops. When tolding to Stadium Security in my broken portuguese and his broken english, it's proven very popular since the stadium was built and the is a regular flow of the public to the stadium regardless of what day it is.

Surely something like that would have been a great idea and would have given added incentivites to the local community.

It frustrates as it was something I personally mentioned to Colin at a meeting a few years ago and was looked at as a good idea and yet nothing comes forward from it. What better way to help improve stadium/club profits but to have a number of businesses running within the stadium that will pay rent and increase the overall income.

Does sound like quite a good idea. Maybe though it was suggested to the club that it may not be the best idea if they wanted to get planning through? Building a stadium on greenbelt is hard enough, but a stadium, shops, cinema etc?

Childrens play ground was my idea. Ashton Vale has so many young families compared to 10-15 years ago I think it would benefit the area. Something similar to Hengrove park with a small cafe and a play area, the Wetlands part would be ideal.

MM

Archived