IGNORED

Traitors Gate

Kingswood Robin

I really wish Traitors Gate was still in use. I can think of a few people at the BBC who I'd like to see go through it. Putting ratings figures before the best interests of the country, a disgrace, not what any of us pay the licence fee for.

I think the timing was perfect exposing the Fifa members as crooks, and why should they have the power to force the host country to introduce special legislation to protect themselves, their sponsors etc. It's exactly what I pay my fee for.

I don't believe it had any affect on the vote, pretty sure that was all sorted a couple of years ago, Putin didn't even bother to turn up and our only 'real' vote was from one guy mentioned in the programme !

I've just been watching Michael Portillo on This Week saying the BBC timing was right, and that those who thought it should be delayed until after the vote had lost their "moral compass". A formal politician lecturing us on our moral compass, that's pretty rich Michael !

We know the process isn't tranparent and is open to abuse. Thats the way of the world I'm afraid, if you want anything in life, you have to play the game. Panorma may not have affected the result but I still think they put ratings before everything else, the programme could easily have gone out next week.

We have a guilt trip in this country because of our imperial past. We (especially the BBC) have to be seen as being whiter than white, always playing with a straight bat, which I find amusing. So does the rest of the world, they're all laughing at us at the moment.

The two country's that won today have something in common, neither have a free press.

I'm glad that the likes of the BBC can say what they like and expose the corruption we all know goes on.

I just wish that the hundreds of millions of pounds we spent on the failed bid had been

spent on youth football facilites instead, because that is the only way we are ever going to become any decent football power again.

I have no problem with having a free press and I'm ofcourse glad we've got it. However I do object to the BBC taking the moral high ground by claiming it was purely about exposing corruption. Three days before the vote, it was TV gold and they knew it.

I heard today that we'd spent £15m on our bid. I agree that the whole process is far too complicated and expensive, there just no need for it.

The more I hear about FIFA, the more I dislike them and the associated corruption. But what was the BBC hoping to achieve with the timing? They weren't going clean up FIFA in 3 days. The only things to come out of it was a wrecked England bid and maximum viewing figures. I'll be interested to see if the BBC continue their mini cruisade now the vote has come and gone. If it dies a death then we'll all know what their agenda was. They'll need to keep up the fight to clean up FIFA to win back my respect. The timing of the programme felt like a cheap stunt that I'd expect from a commercial station, not the BBC. Perhaps I should write to Points of View, Dear BBC.........

I really wish Traitors Gate was still in use. I can think of a few people at the BBC who I'd like to see go through it. Putting ratings figures before the best interests of the country, a disgrace, not what any of us pay the licence fee for.

I had the debate with someone last night who was blaming the BBC for our defeat, but we both agreed in the end that if they did the expose after we had lost the bid then we would probably have been saying 'it's too late now' and that we should have done before hand to shame the guilty parties into changing their vote to a legitimate one. Not that it clearly made any difference in the end, but that's hindsight.

The timing was never going to be right, before or after, and you'd like to think that there were a few committee members who couldn't sleep soundly in their beds last night knowing that the world is aware that they are as bent as a nine bob note. Or perhaps they were comforted by the huge sums of cash winging their way to them and they just didn't care?

I don't believe it had any affect on the vote, pretty sure that was all sorted a couple of years ago, Putin didn't even bother to turn up and our only 'real' vote was from one guy mentioned in the programme !

Then you are very naive.

I am sure the russians would have won anyway - but 2 votes???? for the best technical bid?? the most profitable bid???

If you want something, the last thing you do is have a go at the people who are going to give it to you.

Then you are very naive.

I am sure the russians would have won anyway - but 2 votes???? for the best technical bid?? the most profitable bid???

If you want something, the last thing you do is have a go at the people who are going to give it to you.

Heard on the radio this morning that only 3 of the 22 FIFA voters had even requested a copy of the technical bid paperwork! The other 19 voters made up their minds using different criteria (but nobody in FIFA is corrupt, oh no).

Heard on the radio this morning that only 3 of the 22 FIFA voters had even requested a copy of the technical bid paperwork! The other 19 voters made up their minds using different criteria (but nobody in FIFA is corrupt, oh no).

Thats the thing - we all knew before the programme that fifa are bent as a nine bob note.

This did'nt stop us bidding.....

Why bid and then upset those who had the power to give us the world cup?

If we wanted to take the moral high ground - we should'nt have bid for it in the first place.

A brand new poster here. Now that the decision is made, and it appears from news reports etc that the media were to blame, I really hope the BBC will go all out now to expose FIFA for what it is, an alledgedly corrupt organisation. After all, if innocent of any wrongdoing why be "phased" by allegations. They surely have the means and wherewithal to defend themselves. As someone said this morning, Blatter is the Shepherd. the rest sheep.

It has nothing to do with the BBC programme and everything to do with Sepp Blatters hate hate relationship with English football, and his desire to see football go to wherever pays the biggest buck. Russia was failing on it's transport and security yet still managed to get the bid, but that's not my concern, I can understand why in some ways why it went there, what I don't get is the 2022 bid from Qatar, it's an extremely small country without any football history, any real football stadiums, a proper football league, and he's talking about a lasting legacy, what kind of legacy will it leave in a country half the size of Wales God help us if Israel manage to qualify for that world cup, that would be interesting. If anything the other bidding nations in the 2022 bid should be walking out of FIFA today, we thought we were hard done by.

England didn't get the bid because FIFA and Blatter didn't want England to get the bid, the criteria for getting the bid never mentions "As long as your media is ok", it's a farce getting a single vote but as usual the English will just bend over and take it like we always do.

Thats the thing - we all knew before the programme that fifa are bent as a nine bob note.

This did'nt stop us bidding.....

Why bid and then upset those who had the power to give us the world cup?

If we wanted to take the moral high ground - we should'nt have bid for it in the first place.

Fortunately for those of us living in this country, Riaz, there is no 'we'. The media, the government, and the FA are separate entities. I, for one, have no desire to live in a country where the media has to dance to the tune of the government, or the football authorities. I do agree though that it was pointless bidding, an expensive mistake, given FIFA's policy of taking the tournament to new territories. There is no law. however, that states that FIFA must control world football. If they are unable to put their own house in order then disatisfied members have the option of staging alternative tournaments and challenging their 'authority', but obviously with the possibility of Blatter expelling them from FIFA. It would be interesting to see the way it played out.

The two country's that won today have something in common, neither have a free press.

The most questionable thing is that FIFA have chosen countries with disgusting records on racism and women's/gay rights.

Whatever your personal views on these subjects, they seem to go against all the public rhetoric ever spouted by FIFA.

why not just boycott FIFA altogether and start a new "World Football Asociation" that makes all decision it makes open to the world media so everyone can see there is nothing hide. mr obama has already apparently vented his anger about the decisions made, if you could get 1 of the most powerful men in the world on board he would be able to shall we say tell sponsors such as McDonalds, coca cola, budweiser all the main companies that sponsor the world cup to switch allegencies which would surely hit FIFA very hard in the pocket I would imagine if england the usa, ausralia a country from each continent were to commit to such a project then it would only be a matter of time before a lot more were to follow! dont slate me just a thought thats all

why not just boycott FIFA altogether and start a new "World Football Asociation" that makes all decision it makes open to the world media so everyone can see there is nothing hide. mr obama has already apparently vented his anger about the decisions made, if you could get 1 of the most powerful men in the world on board he would be able to shall we say tell sponsors such as McDonalds, coca cola, budweiser all the main companies that sponsor the world cup to switch allegencies which would surely hit FIFA very hard in the pocket I would imagine if england the usa, ausralia a country from each continent were to commit to such a project then it would only be a matter of time before a lot more were to follow! dont slate me just a thought thats all

At the moment I like the idea.

Rules and regs operated centrally from the home of football too :)

The most questionable thing is that FIFA have chosen countries with disgusting records on racism and women's/gay rights.

Whatever your personal views on these subjects, they seem to go against all the

public rhetoric ever spouted by FIFA

One major thing we did lack in our bid was we did not have ONE female involved.

Russia and Qater had several. I heard that as soon as the Russian woman walked on

the stage for there presentation a lot of the corrupt (dirty old men) sat up straight and paid attention.

We take the high ground where it comes to womans rights etc, but were the only major bidder to not practise what we preach!

One major thing we did lack in our bid was we did not have ONE female involved.

Russia and Qater had several. I heard that as soon as the Russian woman walked on

the stage for there presentation a lot of the corrupt (dirty old men) sat up straight and paid attention.

We take the high ground where it comes to womans rights etc, but were the only major bidder to not practise what we preach!

Agree, Elle MacPherson was there for the Aussies that Russsian bird wasn't half bad and the joke going around when Germany won the 2006 bid was they won because Claudia Schifer turned up, i said previously a Kelly Brook or anyone fit would of got us at least one more vote from those dirty old corrupt persons.

We never had a hope. FIFA is now just Twatters plaything, and what he wants, he gets. There is a good website where the journalist Andrew Jennings highlights the fraud within FIFA, and it really is beyond belief, even if only a fraction of it is true. I recall that when Twitter was re-elected, a few Central American delegates were not present, so Jack Warner got a few of his friends to impersonate them, so that they could vote for Sepptic. There was clear evidence on film, but FIFA swa absolutely nothing wrong, and the matter was swept under the carpet.

It's almost time for EUFA to go it alone, the World Cup needs major European teams more than Europe needs FIFA. The whole corrupt lot need to be swept out, preferably going to jail (And not collecting £200 if they pass 'Go'), and a new organisation formed, one that actually cares about the game of football, and the real fans. I can understand Russia being chosen, although the manner of choice is questionable, but Quatar was a complete joke. Still, I think recent World Cups have proved that as long as delegates and wives are happy, and the Corporate leeches are comfortable, the true fans and players are not important.

I'm glad that the likes of the BBC can say what they like and expose the corruption we all know goes on.

I just wish that the hundreds of millions of pounds we spent on the failed bid had been

spent on youth football facilites instead, because that is the only way we are ever going to become any decent football power again.

Spot on there mate. You know what **** Fifa they dont like us and thats that. What we should do now as you said is to seriously and i mean seriously pump money into the youth of this country, England winning the world cup is the only way to respond to this CLEAR dislike to England and English football.

Spot on there mate. You know what **** Fifa they dont like us and thats that. What we should do now as you said is to seriously and i mean seriously pump money into the youth

of this country, England winning the world cup is the only way to respond to this CLEAR dislike to England and English football.

Spot on, our bid included giving millions of pounds to other country's so they could have 3G astro pitches etc. My lad is in Yeovil's Centre of excellence, they can only dream of a 3G pitch to play on.

The whole Premier,FA thing is a joke.

All this money they WERE going to give away to other countries must still be available, so now spend it in this country on better facilities etc.

Twitter hates English football because it is a threat to his power.

The Premier League has far greater support and fan base than any other league or sport on the planet. Also, the English FA is in complete turmoil by cowtowing to the Premier league and not having any authorititive leader. Consequently, Twitter doesn't believe he gets the respect he deserves from the English game.

I find it interesting that Flatini has not made any public statements regarding the voting as head of UEFA, because he is twatters protege, and does not want to upset possible bedfellows when a leadership election may arise in the future.

As stated previously, now is the time to tell FIFA to go forth, with the Premier league cranking up the opposition by playing games abroad and a possible European Super league, as threatened before with the likes of Ajax, Lyon, Madrid, 2 Milan, Barca and Juve which I would find more exciting than England v Qatar or England v Thailand which has already been cancelled as a result of them double crossing us.

Thats it, I refuse to support the corrupt organisation anymore,,, until this mob are disbanded & stripped of power I'll not buy anything associated Fifa again.

An apt definition was found on Wiki it reads - ... ruled by a small, self-elected, wealthy, and (but not necessarily) corrupt politico-economic clique.The original concept was a "servile dictatorship" that abetted (or supported for kickbacks) exploitation large-scale cultivation.

Hmm, sounds about right to me.

So thats it, I'm having nothing more to do with FIFA again, theyre nothing other than big business supporters running a banana republic & I'll be damned if I buy anymore bananas from them...

Voice in WH head ....whats that? read the Wiki again in full ??.. ok then...

- Banana republic is a term that refers to a politically unstable country dependent upon limited agriculture (e.g. bananas), and ruled by a small, self-elected, wealthy, and (but not necessarily) corrupt politico-economic clique. The original concept of banana republic was a direct reference to a "servile dictatorship" that abetted (or supported for kickbacks) the exploitation of large-scale plantation agriculture, especially banana cultivation.

Ah, right ok I see what I've done here, :doh: my mistake ... confused FIFA with FYFFES (no offence Fyffes) ....

Even so .... there are still striking similarities between FIFA & a banana republic..

Good news is bananas are still on my shopping list.... & FIFA endorsed products are completely off. Including England WC kits & products - I hope, really hope England can win the tournament in Russia... :fingerscrossed: but I'll be waving good old plain St George Cross Flags with not a FIFA logo in sight.

And thats a promise! .

Much as I disagree with Panoramas timing, the decision to award the World Cup to Russia was done long before that.

If the World Cup was really about revenue, legacy, decent stadia/accomodation/links and maximum gates at the host nation, the run offs would have been England v Spain/Portugal for 2018 & S Korea v USA for 2022.

This entire Panorama/Anti English/spreading the game to new locations is utter bullshit, its about how much FIFA representatives were prepared to trouser, to vote for a certain bid, or didn,t want stuff about them revealed to the general public, so decided to vote a certain way, both of which mother Russia is very good at doing

The only thing England was arrogant about was all this football is coming home bollocks, which trust me irritates the hell out of even England's friends in the world.

Archived