IGNORED

Christian Roberts Q&a - 11th December

Dollymarie

Ok so before the Derby game next weekend, the Supporters Trust and Club are holding a Q&A with the one and only Christian Roberts. Anyone who would would like to ask him a question will be able to come and do so, but for those of you unable to make it, I have created this thread to get together some questions to ask him.

Christian will be in the Supporters Club bar between 12:30 and 1:30 to chat about his time here at City, what he's doing now, and also talk about his book "Life is a game of inches"

Some bright spark decided (after several beers) at the Trust Christmas knees up yesterday that it would be a good idea if I led the questions, and so I don't want to let the whole thing down by not having some kind of script to follow, and thats where you lot come in.

Please can you post questions in this thread that I can then ask Christian, and then we can have some sort of write up which exiles can read. Sorry this post is a bit woolly, but am relying on you all for some help. Alternatively if you would like to come and ask Christian something in person then as I mentioned the Supporters Club bar (the one up the steps in the Dolman, not the main DEH) will be open to anyone who wants to come in and listen/take part.

I am led to believe that Christian is staying for the Derby game, and will be presented on the pitch at half time.

Do you think the the drinking culture in BCFC was different from anywhere else at the time?

It's well known that alcoholism contributes to long-term fitness issues, but in real terms do you think the culture affected on the day performance to any material extent?

Did DW attempt to curb it at any point?

One simple question........

What went wrong in the Cardiff Play-off final v Brighton?

Also, not a question, but I feel it's worth mentioning what GREAT job he did on Co-Commentry for Radio Bristol when we played Cardiff, was very fair to both teams and was a came accoss very well and educated with both teams, nothing against Adam B, but he was a VERY good alternative.

Also, not a question, but I feel it's worth mentioning what GREAT job he did on Co-Commentry for Radio Bristol when we played Cardiff, was very fair to both teams and was a came accoss very well and educated with both teams, nothing against Adam B, but he was a VERY good alternative.

I agree, very good job he did.

Ok so before the Derby game next weekend, the Supporters Trust and Club are holding a Q&A with the one and only Christian Roberts. Anyone who would would like to ask him a question will be able to come and do so, but for those of you unable to make it, I have created this thread to get together some questions to ask him.

Christian will be in the Supporters Club bar between 12:30 and 1:30 to chat about his time here at City, what he's doing now, and also talk about his book "Life is a game of inches"

Some bright spark decided (after several beers) at the Trust Christmas knees up yesterday that it would be a good idea if I led the questions, and so I don't want to let the whole thing down by not having some kind of script to follow, and thats where you lot come in.

Please can you post questions in this thread that I can then ask Christian, and then we can have some sort of write up which exiles can read. Sorry this post is a bit woolly, but am relying on you all for some help. Alternatively if you would like to come and ask Christian something in person then as I mentioned the Supporters Club bar (the one up the steps in the Dolman, not the main DEH) will be open to anyone who wants to come in and listen/take part.

I am led to believe that Christian is staying for the Derby game, and will be presented on the pitch at half time.

Would Christian have stayed at City if Danny Wilson had remained as manager? I got the feeling that he left because of a falling-out with Brian Tinnion after Tins became manager.

If Danny had stayed on as City manager after the play-off defeat in 2004, does Christian think that the team would have got promoted the next season, bearing in mind how well Leroy Lita was playing at the time?

Why the **** didn't Lita play any part in the play-off final? Not even on the bench!

Finally, what does he think of Leroy Lita? Why hasn't Leroy became the major star that I (and others) thought he was going to be?

Have you considered paying back the salary you stole from Bristol City when you were, by your own admission, unfit to work through your own actions?

Who will benefit from the profits from your book sales?

Got 2 Dolls, this one from Mrs Bucks: did you ever feel let down by the board or management at City over your problems, or did you not think it was a problem then?

Mine prior to scoring THAT goal against the Rse, you'd been gettin some stick along the lines of you fat barsteward from their loveable fans. how did you feel when you scored knowing we were back in the promotion hunt that season? I know we were bloody ecstatic!

*Bump*

Just to remind people this is tomorrow, anyone is welcome in the Supporters Club bar tomorrow, you don't have to be a member to get in.

For those of you that don't know where the SC bar is, its on the corner of the Dolman, at the Atyeo end.

Would be great to have as many people in there as can make it, I appreciate its a bit early, but that way you can turn up to this, and then go off and have your usual matchday routine like you normally would afterwards.

• Admin

Did Danny Wilson try and do anything to address the blatant drinking culture at the club (which obviously did nothing to help you) or was he oblivious. If he did do anything, it was glaringly ineffectual, so what should he have done?

How far could DW's City side have gone, had they not been so immersed in the drinking and nightlife culture?

Do you feel that at any time your actions of taking a decent salary and not performing to the best of your ability, due to drinking, was morally wrong? Was it an endemic culture within the squad at the time, so perhaps the whole squad should shoulder the blame?

What advice would you give to young players just starting out on their career, given your experiences?

Can you confirm the correct times for this ?

O/S menitons 12:30 - 13:00

It starts at half 12, and as far as I was concerned it was for an hour from then. When Christian was in the club shop recently, he got stuck in traffic, and was then a bit late, so the book signing didn't start until 10 to 1, so thats why we have it arranged as an hour with the Supporters Club.

Can I just say, as the daughter of an alcoholic, I've found several comments in this thread insensitive.

I've just been back through this thread so see what could have possibly caused upset. No personal attacks, just general queries about how alcoholism affected his performance and whether attempts were made to curb it.

Which bits did you take offence to

Not on a wind up, but curious... especially given the extent to which this forum has got nasty recently. This thread in comparison could have been so much worse..

I was talking about a couple of posts which were deleted (not by myself) and the "fancy a pint" related comments, which are insensitive in my opinion because they seem to be making a joke out of alcoholism, when its not in the least bit funny, and also Christian has been dry for over 4 years now.

Archived