IGNORED

Forest Game Postponed (merged)

!james

rail tickets non refundable. £138 down the drain, thanks alot *******!

really pissed off. was really looking forward to it. They dont consider the people who have forked out for this game do they. icy pavements my arse!

whats the bet that the train tickets for the postponed match will be over £100 each.

**** it! :grr:

really pissed off. was really looking forward to it. They dont consider the people who have forked out for this game do they. icy pavements my arse!

whats the bet that the train tickets for the postponed match will be over £100 each.

If you're going from Bristol it's your own fault, why didn't you wait until an announcement?

Even booking now - around 24 hours before kick-off, through booking singles you could get a return ticket Bristol to Nottingham for £38.50, and that's without a railcard!

I know its disappointed but living on the edge of Nottinghamshire I can assure you the conditions are very hazardous and people have been advised not to venture out due to the conditions.

I think in this instance, it will be very difficult for people to get there and get in and around the ground safely.

Normally I would be annoyed on these grounds but the snow fall has been ridiculous as has the temperatures. All that means game over and a tough game on a Tuesday night in january.

Ignorant bile. Go read the Daily Mail.

what's daily mail got to do with anything?

pitch was fine, but was called off due to......."Approach roads and pavements around The City Ground" 10 even 5 years ago the match would have been on, but due to a bit of ice it's off! the world has gone friggin mad, people are now soft as sh@t

Also very annoying as we are in good form, what's the luck now that we have loads of injuries and are off form when the match is played

From a selfish point of view, I'm delighted! I'm a bed-ridden mess with flu and it's touch and go whether I'd have made it tomorrow. It is disappointing from the Club's point of view though because we're in a great run of form and I was feeling rather optimistic about tomorrow and had a feeling we'd end both their excellent home record and their record over us.

What do we reckon then, Tuesday in January?

what's daily mail got to do with anything?

pitch was fine, but was called off due to......."Approach roads and pavements around The City Ground" 10 even 5 years ago the match would have been on, but due to a bit of ice it's off! the world has gone friggin mad, people are now soft as sh@t

Also very annoying as we are in good form, what's the luck now that we have loads of injuries and are off form when the match is played

I can remmeber over 15 years ago City v Rovers match was called off due to freezing rain making the roads around Ashton Gate very sliipery but the pitch was unaffected so I have to disagree with your assement with on modern day cultrue.

I can remmeber over 15 years ago City v Rovers match was called off due to freezing rain making the roads around Ashton Gate very sliipery but the pitch was unaffected so I have to disagree with your assement with on modern day cultrue.

I remember that like it was yesterday. I was complaining about it being a ridiculous decision on my way out of the Ship & Castle. As soon as my foot touched the concrete outside I went base over apex !! :doh:

If you're going from Bristol it's your own fault, why didn't you wait until an announcement?

Even booking now - around 24 hours before kick-off, through booking singles you could get a return ticket Bristol to Nottingham for £38.50, and that's without a railcard!

That's right... it's our own fault that it's snowing in Nottingham, 200miles from Bristol, thus resulting in the game being called off because H&S are having a bit of a field day... I couldn't agree more.... There's no one else to blame except for the people travelling from Bristol...

:disapointed2se:

All I can add regarding the decision is that at least they have given people plenty of notice. Many people may have already travelled if they had left it until later tomorrow. I wasn't going but I'm thinking of the on/off/pitch inspection chaos of Palace away last season.

Ignorant bile. Go read the Daily Mail.

Presumably you endorse the enforcement of confining all members of the public inside their homes until this cold weather has passed, unless they are lucky to live on a main road with all the pavements and roads cleared of ice by the council :whistle2:

I suppose all those who think it's H&S gone mad would never dream of sueing Notts Forest if they slipped and broke an arm.

:doh:

I am too proud mate. I won't bore you with the details, but my job carries with it great risk, but the key is not to eliminate that risk but to manage it sensibly. You are at risk during almost any activity you care to mention, whether it's ironing a shirt, crossing a busy road or taking a dump.

The only thing more ludicrous than an individual suing a football club because they fell over on an icy footpath is the fact that under our judicial system they may be ABLE to. Christ....

I am unable (and stubbornly unwilling as well) to differentiate between a football club being held responsible for someone slipping while en route to a game of theirs, to any public amenity, service or attraction being responsible for the same. Society would collapse if the same standard as applied to football was applied equally.

Archived