IGNORED

Will World Cup In Russia Be Safe?

T R

Hi guys, I have just been reading this article

My link

Was just wondering if it will be safe for fans across the world to go to the world cup in russia. Or do you think it will all be sorted out by then, otherwise it will be a blood bath. I know its been talked about on other threads, just wondered what you thought about the article.

There were similar fears when the World Cup was in South Africa, lots of press sensationlism about security in the coutry where 'they kill for a pair of shoes'. I am sure the Russian authorities will do their upmost to ensure the safety of fans.

I am not denying the risks in either South Africa or Russia but you have to take a balanced view. Italy has its fair share of football violence (and ultras) but I do not think you would be reading the same headlines if FIFA had awarded it to Italy.

Many millions of English travel to dangerous parts of the world every year (Jamaica for instance has an awful crime record), but very, very few come to any harm. Having said that (as always) if you want trouble, you will always find it!

Travel safe.

There were similar fears when the World Cup was in South Africa, lots of press sensationlism about security in the coutry where 'they kill for a pair of shoes'. I am sure the Russian authorities will do their upmost to ensure the safety of fans.

I am not denying the risks in either South Africa or Russia but you have to take a balanced view. Italy has its fair share of football violence (and ultras) but I do not think you would be reading the same headlines if FIFA had awarded it to Italy.

Many millions of English travel to dangerous parts of the world every year (Jamaica for instance has an awful crime record), but very, very few come to any harm. Having said that (as always) if you want trouble, you will always find it!

Travel safe.

Good, sensible reply. Unfortunately many people's views are built upon that fostered by the media and Hollywood depictions of Russians.

You could ask yourself if England had won the 2018 World Cup, would people be asking similar questions about England in view of recent riots and protests?

Unfortunately many people's views are built upon that fostered by the media and Hollywood depictions of Russians.

dunno what you mean.

why just yesterday i watched Rambo 3, Air Force One, Goldeneye, The Peacemaker and The Sum of All Fears. None of which show Russians in a negative way.

I've never come across films portraying Russians as evil. You're just paranoid.

:bruce_h4h:

Archived