IGNORED

Danny Rose

Who Shot JR?

I like Rose because he is actually a left winger and can carry the ball outside and inside, JCR rarely goes on the outside and slows play up alot - I'd much rather see him in the middle... for me he could be our creative midfielder!

There aren't many Left wing players that have pace, can beat a man and whip a ball in, Rose can do all of these, just not consistently, I believe some left footed competition would aid his development, I know he's over on appearance based wage contribution but we cant just play him so he costs less to keep.

Don't think we have the funds for Boyd, I would be delighted if we signed Boyd but would have to cash in on Haynes as they are both similar players in the positions they play even if their style is different.

On a side note, I can now see Clarkson going for more than £1/2m to Scotland in January as long as Maynard's recovery goes well.

Also don't think we'll keep Rose, he's got the qualities of a player worth between half and 1 million ... and treble whatever that is that because he's so young - at times he looks like a one hit wonder but the facts are he has the attributes of a great left winger when it all comes together with experience Spurs will sell him to a bottom end to middle prem team.

Seeing as 8000 is a good gate up there for any game without Rangers or Celtic in it, who in Scotland do you think has that sort of money to pay for a Championship player who has spend most of his year and a half in England on the bench?

I'd be amazed if any non old firm Scottish side had even £200k spare myself and if they did I doubt they could get anywhere near matching his wages........

Don't think he beat their right back once yesterday, everytime he got the ball it looked like he didn't have a clue how he was going to get past him and it seems he has no pace either. I was expecting much more from him, but he doesn't look any better than JCR. Will never make it at Spurs, and doesn't seem worth more than £250,000-£300,000

Their right back looked a top player to me, and what Danny Rose did well after the 1st 20 minutes, was stopping him getting forward. I am amazed that people think that a 20 year old with 20 first class games behind him should be a match winner every game. It would explain why we struggle to bring decent talent through in England I guess.

Their right back looked a top player to me, and what Danny Rose did well after the 1st 20 minutes, was stopping him getting forward. I am amazed that people think that a 20 year old with 20 first class games behind him should be a match winner every game. It would explain why we struggle to bring decent talent through in England I guess.

I agree. He can be frustrating to watch but that's typical of every young player. His biggest problem is the crowd at Ashton Gate, they have preconcieved ideas of what that player should and shouldn't be able to do and make his life hell if he doesn't fit their criteria. I see plenty of ability in his game, it doesn't always shine through but if it did he wouldn't be here now.

He isn't a left winger at all but is being asked to play out on the left, and it shows in parts of his game, mostly pleased with what he does and once he gets a bit more game experience he will cut out the mistakes. Would love to see him extend his stay with us.

Totally agree with this, very good player and one in which would add to our current squad and as any football fan knows, you can never have too much quality in the squad, would certainly be worth a punt in january in my opinion because in Adomah we have the best right winger since Murray, now if we put someone like Boyd on the left our balance would give us the most attacking look that we've had for some time

I hope we dont go for Boyd if your looking for a left winger. I have seen him play in a posh shirt about 6 times live now and he hasnt impressed me once. I've mainly seen him in league 1 for them, but also saw his debut for Posh up at Darlo in league 2 and at the gate last season.

He isnt a left winger, he'll start out on the left wing but after about 10 mins he'll end up anywhere apart from on the left. If he's starved of the ball he'll move inside looking for it, behind the front 2, up front or even out on the right wing. The two times i;ve seen him this season at Tranmere and Hartlepool he's done just that and leaving the left back (Gary playing a right footer at LB, square pegs round holes?) fully exposed most of the game. He tries to do everything when he gets the ball but just easily gets tackled and then sulks round the pitch.

For the money that Posh would want for him i reckon we could find better value elsewhere.

As some previous posters have said, we as the crowd need to be patient with him... He is only young and this obviously showed through when he became more and more hesitant and less confident at taking people on after a couple of mistakes and the crowd moaning and groaning. Like any footballer a lot of his game is about confidence, even more so at his age. If we can really get behind him and try to ignore the inevitable couple of mistakes that will come every now and then with the development of his game, I'm sure he is exactly what the team needs and will be a top player.

Hope that this is reflected in his wage packet then... :whistle2:

We look solid with Rose in the side!

I would suggest that JCR often has more attacking threat, however Mr. Millen's number 1 aim was to toughen us up at the back, mission largely accomplished with the players we have I would say and SL hasn't had to put his hand in his pocket further...

Danny will get better and better if he continues to play and I would suggest if he is not starting Spurs might want him back...Managers often have to do things that we as supporters (or employees) have no knowledge of what-so-ever!

Keep the faith with the boy and I think we will be rewarded with good results for the team

Archived