IGNORED

Reading Away

luke_bristol

The last time I went there I used the park & ride at Foster Wheeler, Shinfield Park (see this page on Reading site http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/TravelParking/0,,10306~592842,00.html). Although also used by Reading fans, I had no problems at the parking or on the bus to & from it. That was the day we gained an unexpected win - but their fans that I spoke to said we deserved it!

The last time I went there I used the park & ride at Foster Wheeler, Shinfield Park (see this page on Reading site http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/TravelParking/0,,10306~592842,00.html). Although also used by Reading fans, I had no problems at the parking or on the bus to & from it. That was the day we gained an unexpected win - but their fans that I spoke to said we deserved it!

Thanks for that mate, very useful information! Are you going down?

Park opposite the Holiday inn or Travel lodge whichever it is......10 min walk ....plus a bar in the Hotel & chippy opposite

Done same last three or four times at Madj....and got out within minutes as well -

Last year I was crossing the Severn Bridge by six - dont get back from Home games that quick sometimes

OK, got my tickets, I have two seats going in my car, first come first serve (priority given to super models of course):innocent06: private message me, I'm driving from Keynsham

All I ask is an £8 donation to Help for Heroes per seat!

Also be warned that my car is large but I'm tall and have my seat as far back as it will go so it might be a squeeze if you get stuck behind me :closedeyes:

Park opposite the Holiday inn or Travel lodge whichever it is......10 min walk ....plus a bar in the Hotel & chippy opposite

Done same last three or four times at Madj....and got out within minutes as well -

Last year I was crossing the Severn Bridge by six - dont get back from Home games that quick sometimes

Bumping this one back to the top as it's getting lost half way down page 3 and I want to have a good look at the links before setting off!

This sounds like a good place to park - do you, or anybody else, know whether it's a Travel Lodge or a Holiday Inn and the best way to get to it?

All decent advice so far, although if you want to park up for free and right next door to a pub can I suggest that instead of heading into the Holiday Inn hotel opposite the chippy, if you head past Lidl by the hotel and continue 2 minutes drive there is a cheap pub called The World Turned Upside Down with plenty of parking. No problems there.

Otherwise Foster Wheeler P&R, Holiday Inn car park, or the wasteground opposite. £7 per car I think...I should know, I walk past there every home game but I can't remember!!

How many are you guys bringing across?

Archived