IGNORED

Play-offs?

TSG

I always think at the start of the season 6 th place is what our target should be , it's a realistic target for most championship sides Given the unpredictable results !

Minimum should be top 12 !

On current form I'm looking up the table rather than down ! Playoffs are a realistic target but we know how easy it could change

Two months back when we were in the relegation zone, I mentioned that the play offs were still within reach as the league was very compacted. Yes 7 points is not unsurmountable, however the cream has risen to the top and our results against the current top 6 will need to be improved. We lost to Cardiff, Norwich, Leeds and Coventry, drew with QPR and beat Swansea.

I doubt that they will be giving up their top 6 status lightly and we will have to keep winning and hope for teams ahead of us to have a bad run. Yes its possible and we need a better degree of luck with injuries

Two months back when we were in the relegation zone, I mentioned that the play offs were still within reach as the league was very compacted. Yes 7 points is not unsurmountable, however the cream has risen to the top and our results against the current top 6 will need to be improved. We lost to Cardiff, Norwich, Leeds and Coventry, drew with QPR and beat Swansea.

I doubt that they will be giving up their top 6 status lightly and we will have to keep winning and hope for teams ahead of us to have a bad run. Yes its possible and we need a better degree of luck with injuries

There are 2 decent teams in the division, both of which are having a wobble. We are at least the equal of all the others and have shown that we have the quality in the important areas to win any game. If we remain consistent, we will make the play offs.

If we wobble, or lose key players we won't.

Simple.

Yes we are only 7pts or so off the playoffs but it has taken a great run of just 1 defeat in 9 games with 3 wins on the spin at the end of it (so far!) - to get 5 points away from the relegation position we were in....we would have to do this again (or better ) for another 9+ games to close in on those 7pts... and then possibly again for the last set of 10+ to stay there in that group

To me the tighter the league the harder to make up ground and easier to slide down when you dont get the results

Dont get as dillusional as our Gash neighbours................midtable will be fine for this year considering the issues we had for the first qtr

Yes we are only 7pts or so off the playoffs but it has taken a great run of just 1 defeat in 9 games with 3 wins on the spin at the end of it (so far!) - to get 5 points away from the relegation position we were in....we would have to do this again (or better ) for another 9+ games to close in on those 7pts... and then possibly again for the last set of 10+ to stay there in that group

To me the tighter the league the harder to make up ground and easier to slide down when you dont get the results

Dont get as dillusional as our Gash neighbours................midtable will be fine for this year considering the issues we had for the first qtr

No offence, but what you said is illogical. If a league is tight you can go up or down quicker. If it is spread out, then movementup or down is slower.

We got 20 points from the last 10 games . If we carry on at this rate, we'll make the play offs comfortably. Obviously that is a massive ask, but if you ask me, we are perfectly capable of getting more than 70 points. We are defensively sound, have an excellent keeper and have matchwinners in Pitman, Stead, Maynard and Adomah. We are much better now than the side that got to the play off final or that got Blackpool up last season. I'm not saying we will do it, just that we clearly have the opportunity this season. The squad might be wholly different next season - we could easily be without James, Caulker, Rose and Maynard. It's good to hear the likes of Lee Johnson and Skuse talking up our chances - they believe they can do it. A decent christmas and new year period and we will be comfortable top half within 3 or 4 points at worse.

We are 7 points off the play offs. If it was March and we were 7 points off we would be saying it could be done so why shouldn't anyone think it in December.

Would still rather just get to 50 points though first...!

I think the difference being that if we were only 7 points from the play offs in March, it would mean that we would be probably 12 - 15 points clear of relegation zone.

In December the points difference between us and relegation places is only 5.

However, having supported City for as long as I have, and having lived through the 78-82 slump, I agree with your final comment.

My first aim for City every season is to get to 50+ points as quickly as possible!!

No offence, but what you said is illogical. If a league is tight you can go up or down quicker. If it is spread out, then movementup or down is slower.

We got 20 points from the last 10 games . If we carry on at this rate, we'll make the play offs comfortably. Obviously that is a massive ask, but if you ask me, we are perfectly capable of getting more than 70 points. We are defensively sound, have an excellent keeper and have matchwinners in Pitman, Stead, Maynard and Adomah. We are much better now than the side that got to the play off final or that got Blackpool up last season. I'm not saying we will do it, just that we clearly have the opportunity this season. The squad might be wholly different next season - we could easily be without James, Caulker, Rose and Maynard. It's good to hear the likes of Lee Johnson and Skuse talking up our chances - they believe they can do it. A decent christmas and new year period and we will be comfortable top half within 3 or 4 points at worse.

Interesting statement, I don't think this side would be capable of beating the play-off final side, we had too much then.

Interesting statement, I don't think this side would be capable of beating the play-off final side, we had too much then.

In my opinion, the current BCFC side would be capable of beating the BCFC side that made the play-offs. The youth talent in today's BCFC team are capable of great things, we'll see a lot more brilliance from them as the season progresses especially now they're starting to gell as a team.

I find it funny when people mention play offs, get a grip sit down and think. 2 months ago we were bottom of the championship, pretty fcked if you asked me and nothing going our way, sure we have won a few games and we're on a bit of a run but we're only 5 pts off the relegation places. Lets say we lose one game and Palarse win then w'ere in a relegation scrap. So talking about the play offs is laughable.

I dont think anyone can deny that this squad of players are good enough for a top 6 finish this is the best set if players we have had in years even the playoff final year. So i think millen and the boys should have their eye firmly on the play offs because without a doubt this team is capable of playy offs!

Up The Redzz

I find it funny when people mention play offs, get a grip sit down and think. 2 months ago we were bottom of the championship, pretty fcked if you asked me and nothing going our way, sure we have won a few games and we're on a bit of a run but we're only 5 pts off the relegation places. Lets say we lose one game and Palarse win then w'ere in a relegation scrap. So talking about the play offs is laughable.

What you say is true. We could easlily drop back into it. However, the fact that we have been bottom and still have the fear that we could drop into it will spur us on. I'm not positive simply because of results. It's the manner of the results that gives me hope. We do not look like conceding. Last 10 games, we have had 5 clean sheets and 3 others when we've conceded a single goal. We've scored in all 10 games. We've not suddenly hit a purple patch - we only scored 3 once - it's solid progression. Millen understands that successful championship sides are solid not spectacular. We can all see that we have room for improvement, particularly in the creative department and with Maynard maybe coming into the reckoning in the new year. I looked at us last saturday and thought that this was the best side since I was my son's age (7 - I'm 39).

2010 was bad - 2011 will be miles better.

BELIEVE

One defeat in nine matches is no fluke, with top scorer Nicky Maynard still to return the play offs are a realistic target. As for relegation, I never considered it when we were bottom so I certainly won't consider it now. Finally, this is a stronger squad than the one that finished 4th in 2008.

im not beeing funny but is the play-offs still a realastic target by the end of the season?

of course it is.

actually if we win the game in hand we are 4 pts off not 7.

but like any good run we, and many teams before us including us on previous occasions, have gone on great runs only to see that run stutter a tad just as we are about to shoot up the league with 1 or 2 more wins. We have to keep on full throttle until we are entrenched in the top 6 and not just on the edge of it. There is still a long long way to go.

of course it is.

actually if we win the game in hand we are 4 pts off not 7.

but like any good run we, and many teams before us including us on previous occasions, have gone on great runs only to see that run stutter a tad just as we are about to shoot up the league with 1 or 2 more wins. We have to keep on full throttle until we are entrenched in the top 6 and not just on the edge of it. There is still a long long way to go.

http://www.easyodds.com/sports-betting/football-betting/english-leagues/championship/outright/top-6-finish.html

We are about 9/2 to get in the top 6 and best of 18/1 to go up.

9/2 is generous. We should be more like 3/1. When you consider that Pompey are 11/4 and only 2 points above us, with a small squad, we're worth a punt.

So, if I stick £20 on us going up, it will pay for travel to most of the away games. Or I waste £20.

im not beeing funny but is the play-offs still a realastic target by the end of the season?

I dont know if its realastic but the team is improving. The next 5 games will show where will be in the table. CC is a tight leauge and if we can avoid injuries and have a little luck so maybe. Hopefully NM is back in the team full fit in Feb. Exciting.

Archived