IGNORED

Jon Stead Predicts...

sglosbcfc

I was chatting to Jon Stead at the shop this evening and he was very bullish about City chances this season. He agreed with me that we have a very strong squad and he pointed out that our form over the last 10 games (nearly 1/4 of the season) is the best in the division. He said we should never have lost against Cardiff and that the players were gutted to only draw with QPR and felt they should have held on. He felt injuries and all the disruption at the start of the season had obviously resulted in a slow start but now we can really challenge. Also said Carey was almost fit. Finally, I must say what great ambassadors for the club Stead, Caulker and Adomah are - top blokes.

I was chatting to Jon Stead at the shop this evening and he was very bullish about City chances this season. He agreed with me that we have a very strong squad and he pointed out that our form over the last 10 games (nearly 1/4 of the season) is the best in the division. He said we should never have lost against Cardiff and that the players were gutted to only draw with QPR and felt they should have held on. He felt injuries and all the disruption at the start of the season had obviously resulted in a slow start but now we can really challenge. Also said Carey was almost fit. Finally, I must say what great ambassadors for the club Stead, Caulker and Adomah are - top blokes.

Good to know :fingerscrossed:

Excellent. Thanks for sharing that.

All good to hear, but I just hope Carey doesn't walk straight back into the team based on his senior standing at the club. The defence has actually looked much stronger in his absence.

He said we should never have lost against Cardiff and that the players were gutted to only draw with QPR and felt they should have held on.

All well and good, but there's no doubt QPR deserved a point out of that game. We can't really see it as 2 dropped points.

If we go up it will be based on beating teams fairly and squarely.

All well and good, but there's no doubt QPR deserved a point out of that game. We can't really see it as 2 dropped points.

If we go up it will be based on beating teams fairly and squarely.

Dont agree with that one bit.

I remember us defending excellent whilst Paddy Kenny made 2-3 incredible saves. Dont recall QPR cutting us open much.

All good to hear, but I just hope Carey doesn't walk straight back into the team based on his senior standing at the club. The defence has actually looked much stronger in his absence.

My thoughts exactly fella! lets hope we arnt left dissapointed and he remains firmly on the bench!! oh and marry christmas guys! <B>

My thoughts exactly fella! lets hope we arnt left dissapointed and he remains firmly on the bench!! oh and marry christmas guys! <B>

Millen has said its up to the player to hold on to the shirt, so as long as Stewart carries on playing like he did last Sat if Millen sticks to his word Carey will remain on the bench. Not a bad player to have on the bench imo, Carey will still play a big part this season albeit more of the field than on players like him are invaluable to have around especially with the young players.

Millen has said its up to the player to hold on to the shirt, so as long as Stewart carries on playing like he did last Sat if Millen sticks to his word Carey will remain on the bench. Not a bad player to have on the bench imo, Carey will still play a big part this season albeit more of the field than on players like him are invaluable to have around especially with the young players.

True, and to be fair to him hes stuck to his word so far! i just feel that because hes the club captain the situation maybe slightly different, hopfuly its not! We'll have to wait and see.

True, and to be fair to him hes stuck to his word so far! i just feel that because hes the club captain the situation maybe slightly different, hopfuly its not! We'll have to wait and see.

Carey couldn't possibly have come in for Caulker, Fontaine or Ribeiro the way they were playing.

They're all better players than him.

As for Stewart, well, we'll have to see if he can maintain last Saturday's form at Hull.

Damnations!

On a different note, I think Stead plays like a man desperately wanting to go up - I'm sure that his work ethic and determination on the pitch motivate the players around him. Brilliant.

Have to admit i wasn`t overly excited when Stead signed but it didn`t take long to recognise he wasn`t just here for a pay check and an easy ride. Even during our torrid start to the season he stood out many a time for his work rate and quite frankly, imo, the target man with a brain that we`d been crying out for.

It`s going to be interesting when NM does return to full fitness. IF he can match the form prior to his injury then you have to say he`s a shoe-in for the team. Of course, the problem is if Pitman, Stead, Clarkson in fact the team continue this good form where does NM get the match time to get back in form.......a lovely problem for KM to handle.

PDG

We can't win them all and to be fair, Stead said he was bullish about our chances of challenging, not bullish about our chnaces of going through the rest of the season unbeaten. One thing is certain, if we have a similar record over the next 10 matches as the last ten, we will be in the top six.

Archived