IGNORED

Alexi Erermenko

clashcityred

Does anyone remmber alexi ermenko he was a trialist a few seasons back but is now at Kilmarnock maybe Millen would go back for him heis a creative midfielder so he fits th bill any thoughts?

Apparently Kharkov might be wanting to sell him for £1m. I can't see it happening. I guess he slipped though the net for us. Not that it means he ever would have been a guaranteed success.

Mind you, you do wonder what GJ saw in the likes of Styvar, which he couldn't see in Eremenko or Owusu-Abeye. dunno.gif

Apparently Kharkov might be wanting to sell him for £1m. I can't see it happening. I guess he slipped though the net for us. Not that it means he ever would have been a guaranteed success.

Mind you, you do wonder what GJ saw in the likes of Styvar, which he couldn't see in Eremenko or Owusu-Abeye. dunno.gif

It seemed to happen with johnson that everybody who is rumored to sign like Owusu abeye, Eremenko and Janko (another player we let slip) does well and we sign someone like Styvar and he couldn't score for toffee

It seemed to happen with johnson that everybody who is rumored to sign like Owusu abeye, Eremenko and Janko (another player we let slip) does well and we sign someone like Styvar and he couldn't score for toffee

It did appear that way, but we also got away with a few as well, remember Misfit from Coventry, Billy big bol...cks Meteb. Both legends in their own eyes and subsequently went on to play for, well, nobody knows.

Every manager makes a mistake in the market, Johnson appeared to like the physical athletes rather than the creative player, his City career is something he can be very proud of regardless who he missed out on, surely every manager signs a dud un now and again as well, even Fergie got our own Ralph Milne. Wenger Jeffers, Benitez Aquilani, the biggest crime was Souness with that Ali Dia player.

It did appear that way, but we also got away with a few as well, remember Misfit from Coventry, Billy big bol...cks Meteb. Both legends in their own eyes and subsequently went on to play for, well, nobody knows.

Every manager makes a mistake in the market, Johnson appeared to like the physical athletes rather than the creative player, his City career is something he can be very proud of regardless who he missed out on, surely every manager signs a dud un now and again as well, even Fergie got our own Ralph Milne. Wenger Jeffers, Benitez Aquilani, the biggest crime was Souness with that Ali Dia player.

Ahhh Meteb, it appears standard liege didn't learn from our mistakes. Bloke was a idiot

Boy did we get lucky there,, well dome to Johnson for telling him to do one.

He has done very well for Kilmarnock. I know fans will say that is Scottish football for you, but he is coming up against the likes of Celtic and Rangers who have both had extended runs in European competition in the past few seasons.

Yeh playing against quality players, four games a year, sign him up?, Extended runs CL?

no offence intended here mate, but that's a fairly ridiculous statement

marc janko was, at the time, a key member of a red bull sazburg team dominating the austrian league and playing reguarly in europe. he now plays for fc twente, the dutch champions, and again is reguarly playing in europe. red bull pump money into football like you would not believe, and i would be atonished if we could have afforded to buy him at the time or even get close to affording his wages. the fee for him was between 4 and 7 million euros, likely toward the higher end. salzburg are genuinely one of the richest teams in central european football and do not "have" to sell anyone. when players want to play at a higher standard, fine, then maybe they let people go, but why would janko ever have chosen the championship over the champions league or the europa league...? i would hardly say we "let him slip" and i would wager a lot of PL sides would have been way ahead of us in the queue

as for eremenko, GJ wanted players who were fit and ready to go, which he at the time was not

He shouldn't have bothered looking at trialists then should he? None of them are ever fit and ready to go.

What? Like that goalie we had on trial against Swindon reserves in a game that I saw?

Adriano someone , he'd been playing for Woking but couldn't even get a game there, wonder how he'd have got on?

no offence intended here mate, but that's a fairly ridiculous statement

marc janko was, at the time, a key member of a red bull sazburg team dominating the austrian league and playing reguarly in europe. he now plays for fc twente, the dutch champions, and again is reguarly playing in europe. red bull pump money into football like you would not believe, and i would be atonished if we could have afforded to buy him at the time or even get close to affording his wages. the fee for him was between 4 and 7 million euros, likely toward the higher end. salzburg are genuinely one of the richest teams in central european football and do not "have" to sell anyone. when players want to play at a higher standard, fine, then maybe they let people go, but why would janko ever have chosen the championship over the champions league or the europa league...? i would hardly say we "let him slip" and i would wager a lot of PL sides would have been way ahead of us in the queue

as for eremenko, GJ wanted players who were fit and ready to go, which he at the time was not

None taken mate :) i can see the pont and you are vey correct they are a very rich club all "Red Bull" clubs are rich New York showed this with there big summer signing of Thierry Henry. But i as i understood (weather i'm correct or not...) is he was at the time out of favour at Slazburg and looking for a new club and where first through the door with an offer and thats all i heard. The following season he did bag 20 goals in 26 games or whatever it was and that threw any oppertuninty o signing him out the window, his wages may of been a problem but we do seem to be funding David James so we can't be that poor?

What? Like that goalie we had on trial against Swindon reserves in a game that I saw?

Adriano someone , he'd been playing for Woking but couldn't even get a game there, wonder how he'd have got on?

I think you've maybe missed the point I was making, which was that "lack of fitness" is a ridiculous reason to end a trial. If you're expecting trialists to be match ready, you're wasting everyone's time.

Archived