IGNORED

Bcfc-Chris

It's the last game of 2010 for City tomorrow, and it's got me thinking about the year we've had.

Well what can I say, it's been a year of ups and downs hasn't it! The end of a brilliant Gary Johnson reign, which seemed to end on a sour note unfortunately. Then the start of the Coppell era! Well not much of an era was it! All the hopes and dreams of the premier league, gone within a couple of weeks!

Anyway let's hope 2011 is excellent for the club! All the best lads.

i would say its been one of the worst years as a city fan. like u said GJ left on a bad note, coppell f~~k us right up and not only has been getting the stadium been a nightmare but we found that the world cup is not going to be coming to bristol, never mind england! and thats without saying how poor city have been this calendar year...the good times have been and gone in my eyes, lets just hope we can build something in time for next season, however i cant see city going anywhere with Millen in, not saying he should go right now but he doesnt have the experience as a first team manager to get city up there and consistant week in week out

Horrible year it has been for City, one of the worst I've encountered (I'm quite young wasn't here for 1982 etc) Where do you begin?

But tommorow in my opinion is our biggest game this year, we win and IMO we're half way from relegation, if we lose MAYDAY, MAYDAY!

Big game Palace, i thinks the Reading 1-0 atmosphere will be there, AG will be rocking, hope the old bird survives, come on players up to you.

Horrible year it has been for City, one of the worst I've encountered (I'm quite young wasn't here for 1982 etc) Where do you begin?

But tommorow in my opinion is our biggest game this year, we win and IMO we're half way from relegation, if we lose MAYDAY, MAYDAY!

And if we draw ??

(sorry, had to be said)

1980, 1981 and 1982 were all worse years - but I'm struggling to think of a year in which expectations and hopes were so completely dashed as in 2010...on and off the field. Lansdown in particular has had a shocker...poor decisions all the way. Assuming we stay up 2011 is another year of big decisions...on the stadium, on the future of the manager, and on the pitch where a new team needs to gel. If we go down then heaven help us.

Was a very interesting year a shame for the GJ era to end but it was never going to last ever since we didn't win that play off final and expectations were set too high and maybe the pressure got to GJ. then Millen picked us up and did very well to get us 10th. Then from high expectations which again were so pointless just because we had copell and DJ these things take time. Then Millen has to tidy up Copell's mess and is slowly getting there even though most of the players are from GJ and SC. I'm optimistic for the future under millen we need to give him time and patience in 2011 at least!

1999 wasn't too good a year either, we had Benny in charge with us getting a tanking every other week, we then had Tisti and Bell break their legs before we got relegated. We thought we'd bounce right back up again so optimism was high, but that dick Pulis sold our two best strikers and things went from bad to worse with some of the most boring and sterile football (if you can it that) that I've seen City play.

Luckily, Pulis was to leave in the New Year and we got Wembley in 2000.

2010 has been an absolute shocker for Bristol City FC both on and off the pitch and for anyone to argue otherwise is just plain daft.

Off the pitch we have seen the stadium project abysmally mishandled.

On the pitch we have gone from being a club with serious aspirations to get into the Prem to one that is fighting a relegation battle.

Poor work from virtually everyone involved at AG, from a complacent playing staff who fail to give 100% to their managers, to a board who had no experience of major development projects but thought they could steamroll the locals - and the Council - into giving them everything they wanted without bothering to win hearts and minds.

2010 has been an absolute shocker for Bristol City FC both on and off the pitch and for anyone to argue otherwise is just plain daft.

Off the pitch we have seen the stadium project abysmally mishandled.

On the pitch we have gone from being a club with serious aspirations to get into the Prem to one that is fighting a relegation battle.

Poor work from virtually everyone involved at AG, from a complacent playing staff who fail to give 100% to their managers, to a board who had no experience of major development projects but thought they could steamroll the locals - and the Council - into giving them everything they wanted without bothering to win hearts and minds.

fair enough if you have links inside and out of City to know every single in and out and all of the staff but otherwise seems quite harsh to judge everyone at BCFC.

fair enough if you have links inside and out of City to know every single in and out and all of the staff but otherwise seems quite harsh to judge everyone at BCFC.

Fair enough Mike - I'm not talking about the people who work in the club shop, answer the phones, maintain the pitch and keep the lights on on match days.

I'm talking about the players earning £250,000+ a year who as recently as Boxing Day gave up the ghost as soon as they fell a goal behind, and the directors who failed to spot that having a big pot of cash and a backstairs deal with a big supermarket chain wouldn't guarantee them a new stadium.

Archived