IGNORED

Possible Abandonment Tomorrow

Steve Watts

Just had a look on the Met Office Website and we're forecast for fog tomorrow, starting some time between 12 & 3 and continuing all the way through to Weds night...

Let's just hope we're not leading 4-0 before having the game abandoned!

What was the last game we had abandoned, either home or away? Last one I can remember is Notts County at home, but that was a good few years ago....any since? Part of me is thinking Preston away - again due to fog - but i've a feeling the ref allowed it to go ahead (probably because it was on telly!)

If the ref at Torquay 5 years ago could be arsed to finish the game when we were 4-0 up, then it should be no problem tomorrow. And Plainmoor is even less accessible than the Gate.

That game was a farce, couldn't even see the Home end from the away terrace, didn't see any of lit a hat trick.

Mental really as I got sunburn in the harbour before the game!

As for tomorrow, 7inches of snow would be lovely

Fog, another excuse to call a game off, Talksport earlier, Charlton Groundsmen on referees Andy Duerso called the game off yesterday because it wasn't safe for one of the linesmen to run up and down the side of the pitch. Pitch was playable and Southampton asked to train on it. Charlton trained on it today. Health & safety wow. Poor ****** most probably get sacked for telling the truth.

No fog in Nailsea this morning.

Not due to descend until 12 (amendment to the forecast, which yesterday stated around 3).

It's not really a health and safety thing, but sitting at the back of the Atyeo i'd be majorly peeved off if I couldn't see anything down the other end of the pitch....what a complete waste of money!

Fog, another excuse to call a game off, Talksport earlier, Charlton Groundsmen on referees Andy Duerso called the game off yesterday because it wasn't safe for one of the linesmen to run up and down the side of the pitch. Pitch was playable and Southampton asked to train on it. Charlton trained on it today. Health & safety wow. Poor ****** most probably get sacked for telling the truth.

So you want to play the game without a linesman?

<br />So you want to play the game without a linesman?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Poor from the club. Surely they could have cleared one quarter of the pitch for a linesman to run up and down?

Weather check... a bit of mist over the ground and BS3 at the moment. Nothing too bad though.

Archived