IGNORED

Halfway Through Season - How Do You Rate City's Performance?

Martyn Hocking

Rate City in the first half of 2010-11 season  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excuse me 1 satisfied + 27 can see some improvement = 28

Little or no change from GJ = 2O + 14 hugely disappointed = 34

Should have gone to specsavers, what with not realising the 6foot 4 &/2 inch Claud Davis did'nt play for half the game.

But as the poll creator has stated, this poll is NOT about millen. He said above......

The poll is about our league performance this term - not about the manager - but hey, feel free to have a go on another agenda if it makes you feel big and tough!

Based on that.....the poll states that majority feel there isn't a problem with millen and we aren't going down..

I've started another poll to suit you "agenda"

But as the poll creator has stated, this poll is NOT about millen. He said above......

The poll is about our league performance this term - not about the manager - but hey, feel free to have a go on another agenda if it makes you feel big and tough!

Based on that.....the poll states that majority feel there isn't a problem with millen and we aren't going down..

I've started another poll to suit you "agenda"

Give it a rest, watch England win the Ashes.

englandsmile4wf.gif

Whats your problem with Landsdown?, you have inside information aswell reading previous comments i smell a dirty grass.

I'm not sure Steve Lansdown's name has appeared in this thread much - if at all - but I mentioned the Board earlier and I do have a problem with the way the club is run. I don't think there are any grasses on the Board - there are barely any members!

There's nothing we can do about it but our club - the one we invest in when we buy our STs before the season starts - is effectively run by one person. I've met Steve L and respect him for what he's said he's aiming to do at Bristol City but if I bumped into him today I'd have to say that in my opinion the performance of his Board in 2010 has been very poor.

Of the various reasons for our current plight the following seem to recur again and again:

- Johnson didn't refresh the squad

- Coppell was the wrong appointment, started too late, ran a poor preseason and didn't have the commitment

- we spent badly in the summer and are saddled with poor players on big wages warming the bench

- we don't have a youth policy/we don't have youngsters of our own coming through

- we have a rookie manager with little experience to draw on

The responsibility for all of these stops at the top of the club. But there's precious little sign that anyone at the top is taking responsibility. And that's to say nothing of the stadium debacle.

I'll almost certainly not be renewing my ST because I don't want the Board to take me for granted...I'll pay on the day - and then next season I'll be able to vote with my feet. The incentive for the Board to do a better job will be rising gates when things go well...and lower gates when we do badly. I think that's the language that a businessman understands.

Lets remember - Whatever this poll might suggest, it doesnt represent anything other than the views of a tiny minority of our fanbase.

A lot of people still dont discuss City online, and a large number also stay away from this forum because of the petty point scoring and snidy comments (indeed im only posting this week because im very ill, stuck at home with nothing better to do!)

We're halfway through the season and City are in 19th position - seems like a good time to check how happy OTIB forum users are with the way the team has done so far this term.

Well im not surprised thinking of the preseason. We have been bottom of the table now we are 19. 23 games left much can happen but I think we will avoid relegation. The start of the season was bad but during nov. dec. we had a good run. The last 3 games with 1 point is poor. Hopefully we can make the rest of the season better. Main thing is cc next season to.

Archived