IGNORED

Danny Haynes

gordie

I don't like to knock Haynes as he's a plucky trier, but I really can't see where he fits in. He's not a goal scorer, he never wins anything in the air and he rarely beats a man. He'd be about my 6th choice striker and 3rd choice winger.

Needs to be moved on.

And one last small point... why the gloves today? It was about 8c, I didn't need gloves sitting down, so I can't imagine why he needed them for playing football.

Is not a centre forward imho so why when Millen take JCR move Stead out wide and leave Haynes in the middle, seems a very strange decision to me

Putting Stead on the wing and Haynes down the middle before proceeding to play a long ball system was the most retarded thing Millen has done since becoming manager of the football club.

Is not a centre forward imho so why when Millen take JCR move Stead out wide and leave Haynes in the middle, seems a very strange decision to me

Putting Stead on the wing and Haynes down the middle before proceeding to play a long ball system was the most retarded thing Millen has done since becoming manager of the football club.

I want to love Danny, yet find him increasingly frustrating to watch.

He has his moments when he gets a bee in his bonnet and will chase down every ball - usually to very good effect it has to be said, but he still is too lazy at getting back on side, or attempting to stay with the line when wanting a through ball.

I don't see him as a winger at all, he is constantly looking for the through ball or ball over the top like a striker, and definitely suits that role better for me. He seems to be a confidence player though, and when he is low on goals, he doesn't have good games.

Stead was pulling out wide and playing on the left wing all game. Me and my brother always joke about how stead wishes he was smaller and quicker so he could play out wide. We didn't seem interested in the wingers today, and only the long ball up to the strikers, which Danny won a lot more effectively than Stead today, so I don't see the problem in moving Jon out left instead of Danny, myself. Admittedly though, a like for like JCR for Rose would have made more sense, or a change in shape with 3 strikers perhaps if he was intent on keeping Stead on..

Bit extereme, but do agree.

Only thing we could think was that Stead was no luck against Claude so pushed him out wide in the hope that palace would change tactics to counter leaving space in the middle. Didnt work so change was made. Some work, some dont

As for Haynes, works hard for the team and did bring the best of our stead earlier in season, plus pitman was ineffective against reading so worth giving him a rest,

Only thing we could think was that Stead was no luck against Claude so pushed him out wide in the hope that palace would change tactics to counter leaving space in the middle. Didnt work so change was made. Some work, some dont

As for Haynes, works hard for the team and did bring the best of our stead earlier in season, plus pitman was ineffective against reading so worth giving him a rest,

Davis got subbed at half time! Stead should have been put through the middle. For a change Haynes' work rate was unacceptable and Millen had a bad day at the office but we managed to get a valuable point and knowing us we will raise our game and surprise a few with a good performance against Cardiff.

snapback.pngDonald, on 28 December 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Davis got subbed at half time! Stead should have been put through the middle. For a change Haynes' work rate was unacceptable and Millen had a bad day at the office but we managed to get a valuable point and knowing us we will raise our game and surprise a few with a good performance against Cardiff.

Teee Heeee

Be fair it's an easy mistake to make not recognising that 6foot 4 1/2inch black defender did'nt play for half the game, RR, Donna and KM made that mistake, anyone could make it.

He actually won 3 flick ons today, apart from that didn't do much and is no way a striker, good back up for Albert but that's about it.

I can't see that he is a winger either. He won 3 flick ons today and stead won 0. Yet people seem to be confused by Stead going out wide and Danny playing in the middle, simply because he is slightly taller?

I can't see that he is a winger either. He won 3 flick ons today and stead won 0. Yet people seem to be confused by Stead going out wide and Danny playing in the middle, simply because he is slightly taller?

Stead is considerably better in the air than Haynes and Haynes has shown he has ability on the wing - remember how he destroyed Mattock in our 2-1 win last season over WBA?

Haynes is a right winger. But we have arguably three better right wingers at the club. Stead is one of the best crossers of the ball, which I imagine is why he was put out wide for a while to see if he could get a decent ball in....unfortunately we also needed him in the middle to get on the end of the crosses!!

Most frustrating was Haynes wrecking several good moves today with his inability to stay onside. Someone should sit down with a video of the game and show him just how much his laziness in not getting back and his inability to look along the line actually cost us. Some good through balls were wasted by his constant standing in an offside position - unless he can learn that he should not be picked as a striker and should wait his turn in the right wing position.

snapback.pngDonald, on 28 December 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Teee Heeee

Be fair it's an easy mistake to make not recognising that 6foot 4 1/2inch black defender did'nt play for half the game, RR, Donna and KM made that mistake, anyone could make it.

Oh yeah.

Well considering that had 4 6f plus black blokes on their team and they spent the 2nd half defending the east end, easy mistake to make.

Must have been confusing him and Julian Bennett 2nd half and assuming it was still Claude

Haynes is a right winger. But we have arguably three better right wingers at the club. Stead is one of the best crossers of the ball, which I imagine is why he was put out wide for a while to see if he could get a decent ball in....unfortunately we also needed him in the middle to get on the end of the crosses!!

Most frustrating was Haynes wrecking several good moves today with his inability to stay onside. Someone should sit down with a video of the game and show him just how much his laziness in not getting back and his inability to look along the line actually cost us. Some good through balls were wasted by his constant standing in an offside position - unless he can learn that he should not be picked as a striker and should wait his turn in the right wing position.

thought danny had some great runs in the first half and very nearly equalised from the off. Some of the offside decisions were highly dubious .He was worth his place upfront because we need a player trhat sits on the back four that has pace to burn. Stead was the problem today not haynes. Having said that steady has been great this season and just had an off day. Just lay off danny haynes thats all!

Lay off Haynes? He is pure shite. He has absolutely no quality. The guy can't even stay onside. He def should hav scored that chance in the first half.

I wouldn't say he is shite but would definetely say he is not a centre forward, he showed what he could do as right wing last year when he was superb against west brom, i know we cant drop Albert but he would be good back up for him, as it is Albert is the lynchpin for our attacking options and he cant be brilliant everygame and is going to need a rest eventually

Lay off Haynes? He is pure shite. He has absolutely no quality. The guy can't even stay onside. He def should hav scored that chance in the first half.

you must be new then! danny was great last season and given a good run of games would come good this in all. We all watch from different parts of the ground and have different perspectives on the game . I saw a good effort from danny first half yesterday. I think players werent reading each others game very well. There were many great individual efforts but as a team we need to move the ball faster in the obvious direction

and stop playing with our backs to the opponents goal.

I don't think Danny haynes is a striker, when he first came here he came here as a right winger and i think he has talent as a right winger, but would i take Adomah out. My answer of course NO. but i do think Adomah needs some competition and maybe Danny haynes is just that! I thought Adomah played his best when he had competition from Ivan Sproule, then when ivan went out on loan, he got slightly lazier. saturday Ivan was back on the bench and i saw a change in Adomah. so if we're getting rid of sproule soon maybe replace adomah's competition as Danny haynes because once Maynard's back i don't think danny haynes is going to be any competition upfront with the lights of Stead and Pitman infront of him.

The logic of playing Haynes up front was, presumably, to use his pace to unsettle a pedestrian Palace defence. It didn't work, and one or two of ther offside decisions were borderline. We know what he can do, great pace, tries hard, chases for everything, can unsettle a defence, but is not a great finisher, and delivery is not always great. As with so many Johnson signings, a 'Club in the bag' rather than someone who will actually improve the team.

Archived