IGNORED

Static...

Jordan Tansley

Are we the least mobile side in this division?

I've noticed how little movement off the ball there is within our squad this season and it's worrying to say the least!

With our formation, which is based entirely on pacey wingers, movement is paramount. Our strikers should be offering different options (one coming short to offer a one-two, one on the shoulder looking to get in behind) But time and time again our strikers amble towards the Penalty area leaving our wingers exposed and alone.

With Albert that's not neccessarily a problem, he has the skills and pace to beat any left back in this division. However, JCR and especially Rose don't. (On a seperate note; does anyone else think Danny Rose is deceptively slow? I mean, He has all the attributes of a pacey winger but lacks pace?!) The only way those two are going to get in behind as far as I can see is a one-two!

Even in the box at set peices we look desperately static. Only two players ever look threatening. And one of those rarely hits the target when he wins the ball! (Elliot and Caulker)

It's just something I noticed today about our play and it worried me... Palace are at the foot of the table and lack any quality at all bar Danns (who is good, but no world beater) Yet they offered more movement and mobility than we have mustered all season, Scanell and Andrew were never averse to moving wide or dropping in to offer options. Counago also made varied runs...

Archived