IGNORED

Tube To Qpr

newarkred

Or Wood Lane - easier to get direct from Paddington if you're travelling by train

Is the Paddington line even running that day? One for NTTDS I guess, but with Reading station out of action until the 4th and a 1.5h diversion via Banbury (turning a 1h 45m trip one way to 3h 15m!!) unless they finish up the work a day early the travel situation via train is going to be nasty.

Is the Paddington line even running that day? One for NTTDS I guess, but with Reading station out of action until the 4th and a 1.5h diversion via Banbury (turning a 1h 45m trip one way to 3h 15m!!) unless they finish up the work a day early the travel situation via train is going to be nasty.

I'd forgotten the Reading rebuild. You're right - one for NTTDS.

• Admin

Yes Reading line is 100% due to be open.

They are opening it for new year, and first day back is Monday 3rd.

ONLY problem for some is that Circle Line is completely closed and various other stretches of line are open.

Go from Paddington via Notting Hill to get to QPR

ONLY problem for some is that Circle Line is completely closed and various other stretches of line are open.

or you could walk from Paddington to Lancaster Gate - which is on the Central Line. 5 minutes. And then go direct to White City.

Sorry to be thick but I don't understand your second sentence. Is the Parkway to Paddington train on Jan 2nd (I'm going up a day early) likely to be 1.5hrs as per usual?

Thanks.

• Admin

Sorry to be thick but I don't understand your second sentence. Is the Parkway to Paddington train on Jan 2nd (I'm going up a day early) likely to be 1.5hrs as per usual?

Thanks.

Have looked on the National rail site and the line from Parkway to Paddington is showing back open, a journey time just over 90 minutes where as this week it is double that (going via Oxford)

Archived